Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    Chip Kelly and Joe Webb
    That would be really amazing to see what they could do.... I mean just think of all the ways Harvin and even peterson would be used.

Get a WR in the 1st round this year.

I really think if we lose out most of the remaining games. We NEED to get a high profile coach in here and if kelly is interested in going to the NFL. I think is almost a must try. Not only for the anticipated excitement for fans but also the media. It would even energize & excite harvin to know we finally have an offense minded coach coming in.

MN has never done that though so i doubt it would start now. we will just bring in some cheap unknown and hope it works.....

vCash
    Just read through this. Does everyone still think p Harvey calling for musgraves head wasn't warranted?

Musgrave is god awful. Frazier isn't any better either

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    Nope 65% of the blame is on Ponder so firing Musgrave wouldn't help.
    I don't have much faith in either one of them...

vCash
    I personally would stay as far away from Chip Kelly as I could. The successful college coaches that come to the NFL are the ones who are already running a pro offense. Look at what Harbaugh did in his first season in the NFL! It might be "sexy" and "cool" to have a Chip Kelly team but many forget his defenses also give up 40 to 50 points to good offenses also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rev View Post
    That would be really amazing to see what they could do.... I mean just think of all the ways Harvin and even peterson would be used.

I really think if we lose out most of the remaining games. We NEED to get a high profile coach in here and if kelly is interested in going to the NFL. I think is almost a must try. Not only for the anticipated excitement for fans but also the media. It would even energize & excite harvin to know we finally have an offense minded coach coming in.

MN has never done that though so i doubt it would start now. we will just bring in some cheap unknown and hope it works.....
    Not related to the post but your Sig is wayyyyy off... LOL change it so you don't look a fool

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rev View Post

Chip Kelly, Rob Ryan, Brian Billick, Jon Gruden we're never going to see any of those guys coaching here. Despite this black-eye, I'm very confident that Frazier is back here next year. If he's not, there's one name I put on the absolute top of my list of guys to interview, and its a pretty obvious one.

Perry Fewell. I doubt he keeps the cover-2 but he could do a very good job adapting the 4-3 defensive front we already field. I don't think he's going to be as stoic as Frazier but he's not going to be a loud mouth either like some of those others already mentioned.

He'd still have to out-source his offense to somebody though.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    You know who I would love to see is Urban Meyer from Ohio state as our O-cor.
    We have Harvin and could get Tebo for a backup. and get the ball really moving.

Sounds kind of crazy, but the guy knows how to use Tebo and Harvin and imagine what he could do with Rudolph and The beast Peterson. That would be fun to watch.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    I'm not trying to defend Musgrave but what I saw yesterday wasn't entirely on Musgrave. He made calls, Ponder made the throw, but our players didn't make plays. I for sure questioned the play calling a few times but that's always going to be the case no matter who we got. At some point our WR's need to step up but realistically they are very very poor group.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 0 , Yards: 0 , TD's: 0

vCash
    I agree with you paco. I actually liked the play calling except for the 3&2 and 4&2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    I agree with you paco. I actually liked the play calling except for the 3&2 and 4&2.
    Yep...still scratching my head on those calls.

vCash
    What are your guy's thoughts on Arians and the job he has done at Indy? Also...Norv Turner anyone as our OC next year?

vCash
    I like Norv as long as there is a solid backup behind Ponder.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    I will say this, with our current roster minus the WR and both G positions, we have a very young and talented team on paper. A 1st rnd QB, the 2 most lethal players in football(AP-Harvin), a future probowl TE, a 10yr starting LT and C, and thats just the O,,,then on the D we have 3 awesome DE's one of witch is the best in the sport, and Kevin Williams is still legit even if he has lost a half step...Our LB corp is solid as soon as Jasper(whom is the weakest link in the chain) Develops, our Secondary is coming together fast I love our 4 CBs and our S's are night and day better than the last how many years...keep an eye on No 22,,,he is going to be the next John Lynch....and then our 1st year kicker is just about automatic from 50 yrds......So what I am getting at is if we dont show some improvement even agains the Pack twice and the Bears and Texans once we should look more into our COACHING options this offseason. Our OC has to go and I want a big name guy,,,maybe even a new HC,,,,because you have Ponder, Ap, Harvin, Kyle R, and this offseason a No 1 WR. That are going to waste away their careers under this type of O. Im not totally excusing Ponder but he has very little time in the pocket usually and I think its unanimous that our OC is not bad but horrible.

vCash
    Well with Nurv Turner getting the boot, if he doens't get a HC job then I hope we beg him to be our OC....Man this could be huge....on a side note Rivers might be open for discussion.

vCash
    What to people think about maybe Jimbo Fisher? He knows Ponder, and Ponder had his best season under him.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast