Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Bill Musgrave Thread (news, venting frustrations, ideas etc)

When do we hire an offensive coordinator who can actually utilize the talent that we have?

I just read a disturbing post from bigb in another thread?

Said Harvin wasn't on the field for 5 of the 9 red zone plays?? Said Harvin and Rudolph weren't even targeted?

How many terrible play calling days does Musgrave have left in him? And I'm being serious about this. I'm more adamant about firing Musgrave than I was about firing Chilly.

And I'll also add that I've been frustrated with Musgraves play calling in EVERY single game so don't think I'm just mad about a loss. It's been terrible.

vCash
    Getting rid or Musgrave will significantly slow down the development of Ponder. We are 4-2, should have been posted in the overreaction thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Getting rid or Musgrave will significantly slow down the development of Ponder. We are 4-2, should have been posted in the overreaction thread.
    Lol maybe not mid season but we should seriously re-evaluate at the end of the year..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Ya gotta agree with Nate here. We are #17 in avg offense (better than GB), #15 in scoring (1 point less than GB). Of course things could be much better but I think you got to keep Musgrave just for Ponder keep getting more comfortable. I think we will continue to get better once we add some parts.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    I am up in the air on Musgrave but there are a couple offensive minds that would be nice to run this Offense of talent with. Our 1998 OC is on the top of my list.

vCash
    while his play calling hasnt been stellar i dont think its all his fault. We dont know what plays he is calling or what Ponder is seeing and not seeing. Part of me thinks Ponder should take some of the blame because it seems like hes to afraid to make some throws for fear of throwing an INT. But who knows.

props to VCU for the sig!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo30 View Post
    while his play calling hasnt been stellar i dont think its all his fault. We dont know what plays he is calling or what Ponder is seeing and not seeing. Part of me thinks Ponder should take some of the blame because it seems like hes to afraid to make some throws for fear of throwing an INT. But who knows.
    Ponder may be hesitant at times but the play calling has been absolutely sub par there is no doubt about it. You can tell when Musgrave calls consecutive running plays to always force 3rd and long

vCash
    I think we've gotten away from what we do best in the red zone which is creative running. They'll get it straightened out. I think Musgrave is to blame, but I'm not worried about it getting fixed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar View Post
    I am up in the air on Musgrave but there are a couple offensive minds that would be nice to run this Offense of talent with. Our 1998 OC is on the top of my list.
    Why would Brian Billick come back as our OC? That's like some one going to work the drive-thru window at McDonalds again because that's the job they had in HS. Billick is probably getting almost as much as a HC at NFL network and with the resume he has (winning the Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer at QB in 2000) if anything he'll be a HC again. We can beat the crap out of Musgrave all we want, the offense's performance in two of our six games has fallen flat and isn't acceptable, however what can't be thrown out is that Ponder and Musgrave have always been working from behind the eight-ball with regards to the personnel limitations that this team has at wide receiver. There are things that you just can't get done with Michael Jenkins, Devin Aromashodu and Stephen Burton that better WRs (say Garcon if we got him at a good price or maybe even Greg Childs if he was OK) would have opened up in the passing game.

Our D stepped up as well, but our offense was great against the 49ers but what I've learned so far is that our D is really going to set the tone for a game, right now our offense isn't good enough to win a game all on its own, however our D (and special teams) essentially already did in Detroit. Make no mistake I don't look at that game as some kind of recipe for success however if the Redskins weren't marching down the field at will. Another thing that we can take to heart is that even though we lost, it wasn't a blow out and we didn't run into the out-and-out dysfunction that marked last year. Even if it was a bad game for our O-line they are miles ahead of where they were and a lot of what we can do on offense has been bought off the backs of those guys upfront. I am confident that moving forward things can be worked out. Firing Musgrave would hurt a lot more than it would help right now.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P Harvy View Post
    Ponder may be hesitant at times but the play calling has been absolutely sub par there is no doubt about it. You can tell when Musgrave calls consecutive running plays to always force 3rd and long
    Then when we try and throw on 1st and 2nd down, Musgrave gets hammered by us fans for not handing the ball to AD. If we don't score a touchdown on every drive, Musgrave takes all the heat. Meanwhile, Ponder is the one who is ADMITTING fault for our weak, lifeless offensive drives in the first half. He's too scared to make a mistake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by augipitcher3 View Post
    I think we've gotten away from what we do best in the red zone which is creative running. They'll get it straightened out. I think Musgrave is to blame, but I'm not worried about it getting fixed.
    Havent seen you in a while Augi. The last time i seen you you were in Vegas shooting craps with 2 sexy big breasted females. I was yell Hey Augi!!!!! but you didnt see me because you had on shades.

Just kidding

Musgrave needs to stop being scared and just take chances.

THIS IS PHOTO EVIDENCE THAT GOINGFOR28 GETS PAID FOR DOING THIS

vCash
    I think the blame goes on the WRs (besides Percy of course) and to another degree our FO (for not having a backup plan when an injury prone Childs went down). The WRs are not getting open. They can't stretch the field. We are a one dimensional team. All the teams have to do is stop AP and Harvin. Look at the Lions game. They game planned to stop them both and we did squat on offense. The Skins made adjustments and did the same thing. It doesn't matter who we have at QB and OC. We have virtually nothing for them to work with outside of Percy, Rudy and AP. Jenkins should not be on an NFL roster, Simpson is a third WR, Devin is a fourth and Burton should be on a practice squad. All of the great NFL teams have plenty of weapons. In order for us to contend we need some major upgrades in WR department.

vCash
    I think everyone knows my stance on Musgrave.

vCash
    I don't put the blame entirely on Musgrave because let's face it, outside of Peterson, Harvin and Rudolph we have nothing. Harvin isn't a huge threat in inside the 20 because the short field makes it harder for those bubble screens and quick screens to work. Teams are stacking the box to stop Peterson. Rudolph is our best weapon in the red zone by far and even though he has 5 touchdowns in the red zone already, I think we need to do a better job of trying to get him the ball. When we get inside the 20 I think we need to throw at least 1 jump ball to him and hope he comes down with it, just like the Saints do with Jimmy Graham. No corner is going to have an easy time in a fight with Rudolph in the end zone.

We are very predictable in the red zone because we really only have 3 options. Jenkins has stepped up and make a few plays but we simply just don't have enough fire power yet. The lack of Sidney Rice type of player is evident when get to the red zone. Finding a guy like him should be a top priority next off season.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    If you told me we were gunna average 25 points a game this season before it started i would have done a back flip lol...Ponder is looking really good in his first full season with a complete understanding of the offense, he's making limited offensive weapons look really good, and Musgrave is a a big part of that

Fire Musgrave cus we gave up 38 points to the redskins!!!!!!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast