Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Rockets get the best player in the trade and in a league where you need superstars to be good thiis is a good trade for the rockets. At first glance I hated the trade for OKC bc Kmart is a downgrade from James Harden, however I think Kmart could fit right into the system in OKC and be a guy they can afford to keep for the long term.

OKC also gets draft picks which are nice and Jeremy Lamb who could prove to be a nice role player for them this year and/or a nice trade chip down the line.

I also like how OKC did this trade before the season started so that they can have a full year to develop chemistry with their new players.

To sum it up....great trade for Houston and a good trade for OKC to get value for Harden, however their team might not be as good this season as they could have been had they kept Harden for year.
    El Presidente

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    No doubt his awful Finals performance last year had something to do with it. Maybe they feel Martin will help them more in big games than Harden did.

I'm still feeling like they could have gotten someone better around the league than Martin, though.
    His finals performance had NOTHING to do with it. This trade was made right after he did not sign an extension with OKC and OKC said they would not give him a max contract.
    El Presidente

vCash
    The Oklahoma City Thunder have traded James Harden to the Houston Rockets after they were unable to agree to a contract extension with the star guard, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

[Fantasy Basketball '12: Play the official game of NBA.com]

The Rockets sent Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb and future draft considerations to the Thunder for Harden, sources told Y! Sports. Along with Harden, the Thunder will send Cole Aldrich, Lazar Hayward and Daequan Cook to the Rockets.

Houston also sent two 2013 first-round picks (from Dallas and Toronto) to Oklahoma City, sources told Y! Sports, as well as a 2013 second-round pick (via Charlotte). The Thunder will receive the Toronto pick this year if it's slotted Nos. 4-14. That pick also is top-three protected in 2014, top-two protected in 2015 and top-one protected in 2016.
    Details of the draft picks that OKC gets.

Looks like they get Dallas pick this year no matter what and Toronto's pick if its between 4-14 and Charlotte's 2nd round pick which will probably be around the 40th pick
    El Presidente

vCash
    So we were awarded the Bobcats 2nd round pick from the Thunder due to Green's health. That second round pick was included in the trade for Courtney Lee, and now the Thunder have the pick again.

Funny how that works.

vCash
    What I don't get is people saying the thunder should've traded westbrook instead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by celtics 34 View Post
    What I don't get is people saying the thunder should've traded westbrook instead.
    Who is saying that?
    El Presidente

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    His finals performance had NOTHING to do with it. This trade was made right after he did not sign an extension with OKC and OKC said they would not give him a max contract.
    I would not say nothing. They were more likely to give him more cash had he had an awesome finals showing. They couldn't come to terms, and I think it definitely had something to do with how he stunk it up last year.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    Who is saying that?
    Some people in the nba forum

vCash
    Just an FYI type of thing. I have no real interest in seeing him back in Boston. Now, if he wants to play in Maine ... I'd be cool with that.

gary washburn‏@GwashNBAGlobe

According to the Houston Chronicle, former #celtics forward JaJuan Johnson is expected to be waived. Looking like a wasted pick
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 10-28-2012 at 03:44 PM.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    I would not say nothing. They were more likely to give him more cash had he had an awesome finals showing. They couldn't come to terms, and I think it definitely had something to do with how he stunk it up last year.
    Absolutely. It's a combination of things. Poor finals performance and turning down $52M primary amongst them. I applaud the decision to trade him.
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Just an FYI type of thing. I have no real interest in seeing him back in Boston. Now, if he wants to play in Maine ... I'd be cool with that.

gary washburn‏@GwashNBAGlobe

According to the Houston Chronicle, former #celtics forward JaJuan Johnson is expected to be waived. Looking like a wasted pick
    The Marshon Brooks for Johnson swap looks worse and worse every day. As if we weren't all condemning it already at the time.

vCash
    The Marshon Brooks for Johnson swap looks worse and worse every day. As if we weren't all condemning it already at the time.
    Maybe.... Johnson was part of the package that brought Courtney Lee to the Celtics. Given Doc's well documented reluctance to play rookies ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Maybe.... Johnson was part of the package that brought Courtney Lee to the Celtics. Given Doc's well documented reluctance to play rookies ...
    True, but I'm not sure the Rockets even cared about him, and anyone different we may have had at the time probably would have gotten the deal done, too.

vCash
    We did get a 2014 2nd from the Nets. So eventually we'll have a bench warmer to replace Johnson

vCash
    Because Marshon obviously would have been getting the same amount of minutes with a team that finished in the top 4 compated to the team that was a bottom 5 team last season

Marshon would've been behind Allen and Bradley in the depth chart and add in the fact that Doc makes rookies earn their minutes ahead of veterans, Marshon would have gotten the same amount of playing time as JaJuan did last season.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast