Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Because Marshon obviously would have been getting the same amount of minutes with a team that finished in the top 4 compated to the team that was a bottom 5 team last season

Marshon would've been behind Allen and Bradley in the depth chart and add in the fact that Doc makes rookies earn their minutes ahead of veterans, Marshon would have gotten the same amount of playing time as JaJuan did last season.
    Bingo.

vCash
    Playing time or no playing time. Marshon will be in this league for several years. Johnson is most likely going overseas or D-League. Brooks is by far the better player. More polished and is able to start in the NBA. Johnson would be hard pressed to start a D-League game.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    Playing time or no playing time. Marshon will be in this league for several years. Johnson is most likely going overseas or D-League. Brooks is by far the better player. More polished and is able to start in the NBA. Johnson would be hard pressed to start a D-League game.
    Exactly.

Brooks would not have developed so quickly had he remained with the Celtics.

The way it works out, the C's allowed someone else to develop a player (Lee) and then brought him in. It really worked out great for Brooks ... and Lee. Kinda sucks for JJJ though.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    I don't think the issue is Brooks vs. Johnson. It's more an argument of taking the safe-bet role player vs. trading way down for a project. And then abandoning the project almost immediately. That's not a very good strategy, but also franchise players don't usually get picked 25h overall so who cares I guess.

JJ was kind of destined to fail though. He was overdrafted, under-weight, and buried in the depth chart. I agree it's a shame that his career will probably sputter out from here, but in reality this happens to like 2/3rds of the guys drafted every year

vCash
    Lets say if the Celtics did draft Marshon though, DA still would've signed Terry and Lee. Which probably means that Marshon would've been either undressed every night or apart of the Lee S&T.

vCash
    Johnson would be a D league all star but I get your point. Danny should have taken Marshon. 100% agree.
    El Presidente

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Lets say if the Celtics did draft Marshon though, DA still would've signed Terry and Lee. Which probably means that Marshon would've been either undressed every night or apart of the Lee S&T.
    Your right 100%^

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    E'Twaun Moore had some stretches last year where he got some minutes. If Brooks had gotten those same minutes in his place, he may have shown enough to have received more PT.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Jajuan Johnson waived by Rockets...but hey....Marshon wouldnt have got playing time here right?

I will say it before and say it again, and again and AGAIN....Jajuan Johnson sucks...defend it all you want. Ainge ****ed that pick up.
    El Presidente

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    Jajuan Johnson waived by Rockets...but hey....Marshon wouldnt have got playing time here right?

I will say it before and say it again, and again and AGAIN....Jajuan Johnson sucks...defend it all you want. Ainge ****ed that pick up.
    You are correct. I agree that Jajuan Johnson isn't very good. I remember saying this two years ago. M. Brooks will be NBA for years playing good. J. Johnson will be playing overseas.

Danny missed with both E. Moore and J. Johnson.

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    He also missed with Fab Melo, I didn't like the pick, I still don't like it. He is a bust, book it...

I like Sully pick, just hope he can stay healthy.

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post
    You are correct. I agree that Jajuan Johnson isn't very good. I remember saying this two years ago. M. Brooks will be NBA for years playing good. J. Johnson will be playing overseas.

Danny missed with both E. Moore and J. Johnson.
    e. moore was a very late second-rounder, I dont think you can call that a miss!

vCash
    http://bostonherald.com/sports/baske...056&position=1

Just gonna leave this here, because I cannot find anywhere else to put it, and Ray doesn't deserve another thread about him here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungOne View Post
    e. moore was a very late second-rounder, I dont think you can call that a miss!
    Ok...apples to apples.

If given a bag of potato chips or that pick.......everyone takes the chips.

The pick wasn't very good. Reminded me at the time of a poor mans Joseph forte, also another bad Celtics pick, but I digress.

No...I get your point. It's a late pick, but we got nothing. Compond that with J. Johnson and it looks worse for that draft.

LARRY BIRD

vCash
    Seems like it is official.

Lang Greene‏@LangGreene

Mavericks waive Delonte West, which was expected due to the suspensions and emergence of Eddy Curry who needed a spot on the 15-man.

*** Nope, don't want him back in Boston. This was purely an informative posting.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast