Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Yeah, the big market teams should go kidnap fans and move them to other cities.

There are no contract rollbacks associated with this CBA proposal. It is pretty clear you have no idea what you're talking about.
    Isn't there technically a rollback, but a "make whole" provision to make sure players get that money back?
    Last edited by chrism516; 10-18-2012 at 12:06 PM.

vCash
    I read somewhere that they project a 7% increase in revenue that would conter the player loss in the cba. This is all confusing.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    I'll just stay on professional sports without adding any additional businesses. How many lockouts have we seen in recent years including replacement refs in the NFL?
    It's called business! Again (in the NHL case) teams are losing money and any successful businessman is not going to lose money. There is a lockout because over half the league is losing money and the owners want more HHR to at minimum break even.

Players have to make a great deal of money in a short time. They are losing a great deal of money by not playing.
    What's a great deal of money? The average American makes $2,000,000 over their lifetime. The average NHL player earns $4.3 million a year, well over double what the average American makes in a lifetime. Lets also remember that players receive 8% (escrow) of the previous year's salary. Even for a player making $500,000 a season they will be a check for $40,000 during the lockout.

Big markets teams need to share revenue with the league rather then locking out the league & demanding it from their players every few years like they've been doing. Offer a CBA that works for everyone
    GOOD MORALS = GOOD ECONOMICS
    Without the rollbacks, its players paying for other players poor management bad contracts.
    All the details of the new CBA haven't come out so its Comical for you to pretend that you have an idea & i don't LOL
    Why should big markets share revenue? Is it their fault that other teams lack the ability to generate revenue? I bet you that big market teams also pay more in advertising and marketing then these small market teams do. Does that mean that these small market teams should share the big market teams advertising and marketing cost?

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    28GP / 12G / 17A / 1.04PPG / +25

vCash
    Players have to make a great deal of money in a short time. They are losing a great deal of money by not playing.
    Opportunity cost is not the same as losing money. Losing money means you invest money and get a negative return on investment.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    All the details of the new CBA haven't come out so its Comical for you to pretend that you have an idea & i don't LOL
    The CBA in its entirety is available on NHL.com.

Again, it is obvious you do not know what you're talking about.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    What's a great deal of money? The average American makes $2,000,000 over their lifetime. The average NHL player earns $4.3 million a year, well over double what the average American makes in a lifetime. Lets also remember that players receive 8% (escrow) of the previous year's salary. Even for a player making $500,000 a season they will be a check for $40,000 during the lockout.
    I had this discussion with a friend on Facebook actually. He was talking about how the third and fourth line players who barely make the NHL their whole career are hurting so badly. He was of course 100% wrong.

The minimum salary is $525,000 in the NHL. Entry level deals are generally 3-4 years. That means if you make it enough in the NHL to get a contract, you're guaranteed $2M in salary over 4 years.

As you said, that is as much as many families make in a lifetime.

The average household income is roughly $50k a year. That means even the worst player in the whole NHL makes as much in 3-4 years as the average person does in 30-40 years.

Since the hockey players earn it all up front, they can play a 4th line wing role for 3 years, invest properly, and retire. They'd live right at the average American level for the rest of their life and never have to lift a finger. That's the dream life.

Realistically they can go become a talk sports radio person and make $50k-$60k a year after they retire, or go do a job that makes use of their athletic abilities like a landscaper or construction worker.

-Scott van Pelt

vCash
    @FriedgeHNIC: Bettman: we're "going to get a deal done." Was an interesting, respectful exchange.

You better not be bull****ing us Bettman!

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    @FriedgeHNIC: Bettman: we're "going to get a deal done." Was an interesting, respectful exchange.

You better not be bull****ing us Bettman!
    or we will find you.....and do not nice things to you

vCash
    The CBA in its entirety is available on NHL.com.

Again, it is obvious you do not know what you're talking about.
    It's important to note that this proposal does include a first-year rollback of 12.3 percent.
    Under the impression that the first check was already lost, this proposal actually leaves the players better off than they were one day earlier, in theory.
    So the players now have until Oct. 25 to reach an agreement, in which case the decision will likely be to accept a first-year rollback, or lose even more money from the lockout with a rollback still on the table for the future.

So here’s the killer from the PA’s perspective: Player "make whole" payments will be accrued and paid for by the League, and will be chargeable against Players’ Share amounts in future years as Preliminary Benefits.
    Which would mean a chunk of money taken out of the players’ share, even as the cap rose each year along with revenues.
    In other words: More escrow in Year 3 and beyond in their offer.
    This is horribly complicated stuff to attach a dollar figure to, especially because we don’t know what teams will spend on players.
    Last edited by kevin13697; 10-18-2012 at 10:10 PM.

vCash
    NHLPA offered an immediate 50-50 split, but only if owners honored all current previously signed contracts 100 percent. That means no escrow,no rollback.
    Owners refused.
    Daly claims owners would be paying the players approximately $650 million outside the players share.
    Last edited by kevin13697; 10-18-2012 at 10:08 PM.

vCash
    I think a deal will be made to get an 82 game season going. Every game missed it millions of dollars, I don't think the owners are too kean on missing any games. Getting the season started for an 82 game season is crucial if you asked me. I believe this was the plan from the beginning anyway, hold out until next week and still get the full season played hoping that the union would break by now.

vCash
    NHLPA offered an immediate 50-50 split, but only if owners honored all current previously signed contracts 100 percent. That means no escrow,no rollback.
    Owners refused.
    Daly claims owners would be paying the players approximately $650 million outside the players share.
    They'd be paying the players the money they were owed on their contracts that were signed by the owners, contracts that were offered to players by the owners. I do think the players get too much of a share of the revenues when you consider how much the teams pay for every thing else, however I don't think the owners should be allowed to sign players to contracts only to have them rolled back. The contracts that bother me the most were the ones that were signed this summer, the ink is still wet on them and now the league wants them to take a cut on them? Honor the contracts and work it to 50/50 and a deal gets done.

vCash
    I had this discussion with a friend on Facebook actually. He was talking about how the third and fourth line players who barely make the NHL their whole career are hurting so badly. He was of course 100% wrong.

The minimum salary is $525,000 in the NHL. Entry level deals are generally 3-4 years. That means if you make it enough in the NHL to get a contract, you're guaranteed $2M in salary over 4 years.

As you said, that is as much as many families make in a lifetime.

The average household income is roughly $50k a year. That means even the worst player in the whole NHL makes as much in 3-4 years as the average person does in 30-40 years.

Since the hockey players earn it all up front, they can play a 4th line wing role for 3 years, invest properly, and retire. They'd live right at the average American level for the rest of their life and never have to lift a finger. That's the dream life.

Realistically they can go become a talk sports radio person and make $50k-$60k a year after they retire, or go do a job that makes use of their athletic abilities like a landscaper or construction worker.
    If your not happy with the amount you make. Become a Professional athlete. By attempting to do so, I think you'll realize what a ridiculous statement you just made.
    Last edited by kevin13697; 10-19-2012 at 01:48 PM.

vCash
    If your not happy with the amount you make. Become a Professional athlete. By attempting to do so, I think you'll realize what a ridiculous statement you just made.
    No kevin, it is just truthful. Let all of 'em sit out for a long time. Pretty sad when millionaires and billionaires are graveling that they don't make enough money. Go out and get a real job and you will learn to appreciate that the 3 million salary real quick. Don't feel sorry for these morons one bit!
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    No kevin, it is just truthful. Let all of 'em sit out for a long time. Pretty sad when millionaires and billionaires are graveling that they don't make enough money. Go out and get a real job and you will learn to appreciate that the 3 million salary real quick. Don't feel sorry for these morons one bit!
    There is no doubt these players & owners are blessed to be making millions of dollars a year. I don't feel bad for any of them either but you need to consider the outcomes of such high-profile negotiations such as this, can set significant precedents and significantly influence the direction of subsequent negotiations in other leagues and industries.

Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast