Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 72 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    I'm using the numbers as an example.
    A 5 year cap limit would drive free agents to ask for higher salaries.
    With limited cap space, other players on the team would be forced to take a reduced salary to make limit.
    This will result in a huge gap in between players salaries. Erasing a middle class.
    Players want a 8 year max, this would give free agents more incentive to sign for a lower salary. Allowing more cap space to be spread around the team.
    The thing is, the other players on the team already have their contract in place. A big spender can only shell out what they have in available space. You're not going to see huge cap hits with a reduced cap. Teams could only spend that way because of the loophole.

Cap circumvention basically allowed teams to spend beyond the cap which is why it had a big effect on salaries.

All it's going to do is bring superstars back to earth.

And they want 5 year limits because that's what the NBA got. It's a copycat world. Kovy gets xdollars in free agency and they next guy asks for a little more than that the following year. The NFL and NBA go down to 50/50 revenues, and that's what Bettman and the owners ask for.
    Last edited by fingerbang; 12-13-2012 at 06:51 PM.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    The thing is, the other players on the team already have their contract in place. A big spender can only shell out what they have in available space. You're not going to see huge cap hits with a reduced cap. Teams could only spend that way because of the loophole.

Cap circumvention basically allowed teams to spend beyond the cap which is why it had a big effect on salaries.

All it's going to do is bring superstars back to earth.

And they want 5 year limits because that's what the NBA got. It's a copycat world. Kovy gets xdollars in free agency and they next guy asks for a little more than that the following year. The NFL and NBA go down to 50/50 revenues, and that's what Bettman and the owners ask for.
    Free agents use the same supply & demand system that the owners use when they offer tickets prices to fans.
    Owners can't reach a deal with the players because of what the NBA has? That's a different league where your top 5 is on the court for most of the game.
    The owners should get back to earth & give a reason for the NHL not playing hockey because they need 5 year limits. Lets not forget who is locking out the league.
    Last edited by kevin13697; 12-13-2012 at 07:06 PM.

vCash
    Why not meet in the middle with 6 year deals

vCash
    Just ****ing agree to a deal already and cut this ******** out and get them on the ice already!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    Why not meet in the middle with 6 year deals
    Daly Bettman & the NHL said everything is off the table.
    5 year contract limit is "the hill (the NHL) will die on".
    its non negotiable for them

vCash
    Daly Bettman & the NHL said everything is off the table.
    5 year contract limit is "the hill (the NHL) will die on".
    its non negotiable for them
    Nothing is off the table, it's a tactic. The 5 year hill to die on is stupid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    Nothing is off the table, it's a tactic. The 5 year hill to die on is stupid
    The union offered an eight-year maximum length with the variable in salary being no greater than a 25 percent difference between the highest-paid year of the deal and the lowest.

vCash
    The union offered an eight-year maximum length with the variable in salary being no greater than a 25 percent difference between the highest-paid year of the deal and the lowest.
    I think one side caves on one or more of the three issues before the next cancellation date

vCash
    With every passing day they are losing more fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    With every passing day they are losing more fans.
    and yet they still dont give a **** about it....

vCash
    http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...-carter-flyers

That's the stupidest prosposal I've ever heard.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    there is going to be no season, there is no way that this is going to get figured out in 2 weeks.

The one thing i don't understand is how guys like Iginla, both Marty's, Alfie, Selanne, Jagr, etc. are allowing this to go on, every day that passes these guys are losing not only money but there ability to still play. There are so many guys like this that are losing out on time and a lot of money, you would think there voices would mean more then guys like Ron Hainsey, Brendan Morrison, etc. Thats what makes me feel like Fehr has somewhat brainwashed a lot of the younger players into believeing things that are not going to happen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...-carter-flyers

That's the stupidest prosposal I've ever heard.
    It's called "accountability" and far from stupid let alone the stupidest.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    It's called "accountability" and far from stupid let alone the stupidest.
    I agree they signed those awful deals ad should have to suffer for it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boilerguy2412 View Post
    there is going to be no season, there is no way that this is going to get figured out in 2 weeks.

The one thing i don't understand is how guys like Iginla, both Marty's, Alfie, Selanne, Jagr, etc. are allowing this to go on, every day that passes these guys are losing not only money but there ability to still play. There are so many guys like this that are losing out on time and a lot of money, you would think there voices would mean more then guys like Ron Hainsey, Brendan Morrison, etc. Thats what makes me feel like Fehr has somewhat brainwashed a lot of the younger players into believeing things that are not going to happen
    "It wasn’t our choice to be locked out. We feel like we’ve given the opportunity for that to be taken care of. It’s frustrating, but unfortunately it’s what this business has turned into the last 15 years" -Langenbrunner
    I feel Bettman & the NHL have you brainwashed into thinking there needs to be a lockout.
    Those players know what's going on, Jagr owns a team in the Czech, Bettman & the NHL brought this all upon themselves.
    Last edited by kevin13697; 12-14-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Page 56 of 72 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast