Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    The owners wanted 50/50 all along, I don't think they'll back down from 50/50 really. Also, I have no idea how it's possible to not have a roll back of salaries and get to 50%. Having said all that atleast they are offering and counter offering, the only thing the NHLPA has on their side right now is that it seems as though the NHL wants an 82 game season, that's their only trump card IMO and I'm sure they'll delay a day or so in getting a counter proposal so as to pressure the NHL to sign it before their own 9-10 day deadline as to when you'd have to start training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I'm still trying to figure that out.
    I think it involves allowing teams to go over the cap for some existing contracts for a year or two allowing revenues to catch up to the point where the new cap will be equal to the old one. Or they will freeze the cap at the current point while revenue catches up, basically what the NBA did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    under the CBA of the last lockout, the players got a higher revenue so the owners could put a salary cap in place. Now they wanted a 50/50 split from the beginning.
    Don't see a problem with that.

Small market teams are not making profits while big market teams are making huge profits. This was poor management that the owners need to work out among themselves.
    If a market can't support a team then the NHL needs to relocate it. Why should the large markets be punished for being successful?

How dare you want to take salaries from players under the contracts that they were signed to.The players shouldn't have to sign 50/50 & on top of that not even get into other details. This was a cheap shot.
    again BAD MORALS = BAD ECONOMICS
    No one is taking salaries from the players under the contracts they've signed, I'm not sure where you are getting that from. the NFL & NBA both do a 50/50 split, I see no reason why the NHL can't do the same thing (as the owners have proposed).

First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

vCash
    "Unless you go into the details of how the revenue is defined, those cross-sport comparisons are very difficult to make. The way they add up the revenue is 50 percent of what? What gets counted? There are lots of very complicated questions and they are defined very differently in different leagues. So, you can’t just say 50-50 sounds good, that’s fair. The NBA or NFL does it, so we should do it, too.
    I’m not saying you throw out the concept altogether. But it’s more complicated. Even after you get to a point where you feel like you’ve figured out the differences, then you have a question about the revenues themselves. Do you feel comfortable hitching your wagon to Gary Bettman’s ability to generate revenue.
    I think even more key for the players at this point is, ‘If we’re going to go to a 50-50 deal with you, what is as important to us as the percentage split is the revenue itself. If you enter into a partnership and split it 50-50, we’re both going to be involved in figuring out how we’re going to run our partnership. If I say I’ll go 50-50 with you but I’m going to let you make all the decisions about growing revenue, it’s not as good for me.” -Zimbalist, who has been a consultatnt in NFL free agency litigation, collective bergaining in major league baseball and NBA collective bargaining, said the Players’ Association must feel comfortable with more than the 50-50 percentage.

vCash
    What took so long for the owners to offer a 50/50 split??
    Just in time to save an 82 game season. I see this as a "take it or leave it" offer while salvaging their imagine after wanting to keep negotiations private until now. I don't believe the timing was all a coincidence.
    Last edited by kevin13697; 10-17-2012 at 01:40 PM.

vCash
    It's amazing how fans have shifted the blame to the players in the last 24 hours, and if there is a shortened season the players are at fault.The NHL timed their proposal and worded it so perfect that they made the players into the bad guys. Well played Gary Bettman, well played.

vCash
    Aaron Portzline‏@Aportzline

NHL confirms if CBA is reached by 10/25 and season starts 11/2, All-Star Game in C'bus will be saved. Not saying what happens if it's not.

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    Really hate the part that they would play only a week after. I'd be fine with about 3 weeks or so.

vCash
    I'll take it, just want to see a hockey season sooner or later.

I can't stand this much longer lol.

It does suck though because the Rangers just acquired Rick Nash and he will get any preseason time to learn their system.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-18-2012 at 12:44 AM.

vCash
    Lockouts are increasingly being used as an employer bully-tactic to force workers to accept concessions and poor agreements. Instead of negotiating with bargaining committees in good faith, employers are wielding the lockout as a method of coercion. In the past few years there has been a seeming rise in the number of employer lockouts all over North America.
    Utterly false and incorrect.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    You realize they've been given a stipend of money? Most of them have, on average, made $200,000 all ready.

For example.

They're "loosing" money on the millionaire level. Stop acting like these players are like you and I.
    No players are losing money. The only way a player could lose money is if the cost of gas to drive to the arena was more than they make in a day.

Most US teams lose money. All the Canadian teams are profitable. A few like Toronto and Montreal make over 75% of the whole league's profits and share some of it with the other teams to keep them afloat.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    under the CBA of the last lockout, the players got a higher revenue so the owners could put a salary cap in place. Now they wanted a 50/50 split from the beginning.
    Small market teams are not making profits while big market teams are making huge profits. This was poor management that the owners need to work out among themselves.
    How dare you want to take salaries from players under the contracts that they were signed to.The players shouldn't have to sign 50/50 & on top of that not even get into other details. This was a cheap shot.
    again BAD MORALS = BAD ECONOMICS
    Yeah, the big market teams should go kidnap fans and move them to other cities.

There are no contract rollbacks associated with this CBA proposal. It is pretty clear you have no idea what you're talking about.

-Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    The owners wanted 50/50 all along, I don't think they'll back down from 50/50 really. Also, I have no idea how it's possible to not have a roll back of salaries and get to 50%. Having said all that atleast they are offering and counter offering, the only thing the NHLPA has on their side right now is that it seems as though the NHL wants an 82 game season, that's their only trump card IMO and I'm sure they'll delay a day or so in getting a counter proposal so as to pressure the NHL to sign it before their own 9-10 day deadline as to when you'd have to start training camp.
    Because every team doesn't spend to the cap, so salaries are around 50% already. The league was paying out lump sums at the end of the year to bridge the gap from 50% to 57% under the last CBA.

-Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Utterly false and incorrect.
    I'll just stay on professional sports without adding any additional businesses. How many lockouts have we seen in recent years including replacement refs in the NFL?

vCash
    No players are losing money. The only way a player could lose money is if the cost of gas to drive to the arena was more than they make in a day.

Most US teams lose money. All the Canadian teams are profitable. A few like Toronto and Montreal make over 75% of the whole league's profits and share some of it with the other teams to keep them afloat.
    Players have to make a great deal of money in a short time. They are losing a great deal of money by not playing.

vCash
    Yeah, the big market teams should go kidnap fans and move them to other cities.

There are no contract rollbacks associated with this CBA proposal. It is pretty clear you have no idea what you're talking about.
    Big markets teams need to share revenue with the league rather then locking out the league & demanding it from their players every few years like they've been doing. Offer a CBA that works for everyone
    GOOD MORALS = GOOD ECONOMICS
    Without the rollbacks, its players paying for other players poor management bad contracts.
    All the details of the new CBA haven't come out so its Comical for you to pretend that you have an idea & i don't LOL

Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast