Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Dan Rosen‏@drosennhl

NHLPA rep says there will be no further update today or tonight from the Union regarding the NHL's proposal. We could hear more tomorrow.

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    It's not a coincidence that 43% is the same distance from a 50/50 split as 57%. It's all just negotiation tactics and I think the players forced the owners to put this proposal forward earlier in the process than they wanted. You're right, it was never about 43%.
    THANK YOU!!

These owners didn't make their "billions" by being morons. What the owners did was negotiating 101. Start out with a ridiculous offer so when you offer what you really want it seems sensible.

First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    very few players have to chance to make millions overseas or even in local leagues, some are even playing for free
    The owners pushing for the lockout are billionaires
    They didn't become billionaires by owning hockey teams, that's for sure. Where are all these players that are losing money? There aren't any.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Powers View Post
    Also included in the offer is that all NHL players playing in the AHL will have their contract count towards the cap. "Now scratched from tonight's Wheeling Nailers game, Scott Gomez."
    wouldnt this screw over the rangers outside of any other team?(wade redden)

vCash
    Pierre LeBrun‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

League expects to hear back tonight from NHLPA as to when both sides will meet again ..

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SensandRaps View Post
    wouldnt this screw over the rangers outside of any other team?(wade redden)
    I'm sure they'll have some sort of one time buyout or something along those lines included or atleast they should. I think it would really mess with the Rangers especially if there wasn't. As a Ranger fan I'm happy we're able to get rid of Redden's salary but I also think it's wrong that he's in the minors only because of cap space, because as much as people want to crap on Redden he's still an NHL caliber player, and if he was making 1-2 million he'd be on our team as a 3rd pairing d man. If he were able to be bought out without killing the Rangers cap I could see a team like Edmonton or Detroit aquiring him for a mill or 2.

vCash
    bettman truly is an evil genious cuz if fehr tries to stick to his guns, he will lose the PR battle for sure.

vCash
    Please get this done

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    They didn't become billionaires by owning hockey teams, that's for sure. Where are all these players that are losing money? There aren't any.
    Not entirely but many have made a great fortune. Most billionaires own several companies, the capitalist system in the US makes it a lot easier to make money when you already have it. Look up how many Billionaire NHL owners openly supported Bush & his tax cuts.
    i don't know of any players that aren't losing money from the lockout. Are you Sh##ing me?
    Last edited by kevin13697; 10-16-2012 at 06:03 PM.

vCash
    Lockouts are increasingly being used as an employer bully-tactic to force workers to accept concessions and poor agreements. Instead of negotiating with bargaining committees in good faith, employers are wielding the lockout as a method of coercion. In the past few years there has been a seeming rise in the number of employer lockouts all over North America.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    Not entirely but many have made a great fortune. Most billionaires own several companies, the capitalist system in the US makes it a lot easier to make money when you already have it.
    i don't know of any players that aren't losing money from the lockout. Are you Sh##ing me?
    You realize they've been given a stipend of money? Most of them have, on average, made $200,000 all ready.
    For someone like Alexander Ovechkin, whose salary last season was $9 million, his escrow payment will be more than $700,000.
    For example.

They're "loosing" money on the millionaire level. Stop acting like these players are like you and I.

Under the expiring collective bargaining agreement, a portion of NHL salaries is held in escrow, which ensures that players are paid their fixed rate of league revenues—in this case, 57% of revenues for the 2011-12 season.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    What is really at the heart of this issue is the revenue sharing provision. In the collective agreement that just expired, players received 57 per cent and the owners received 43 per cent of revenue. In many respects, this provision was agreed to by the owners so that the players would accept a salary cap, something the players initially did not want to do. Now that the salary cap is in place, the league wants to see the revenue sharing closer to 50/50 and keep their salary cap. The league's idea is that as the NHL makes more money the players would, proportionally, make more so such a split would work of for the players in the long run. This is trickle-down economics at its finest: take a wage cut now and make more later once we ensure that the owners will make more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    You realize they've been given a stipend of money? Most of them have, on average, made $200,000 all ready.

For example.

They're "loosing" money on the millionaire level. Stop acting like these players are like you and I.
    I'm not concerned with the big money making players either.
    I think its a shame that Parise & Suter left their teams for more money.
    I'm sure a few European players are benefiting a little from the lockout. I'd rather see the NHL be played by mainly North Americans.

vCash
    Why should workers take reductions in living standards, accept cuts to social services, and acquiesce to concessions at the bargaining table(unions),if lucky we still have them, just to keep capitalism profitable?
    Last edited by kevin13697; 10-16-2012 at 06:16 PM.

vCash
    More importantly, the outcomes of such high-profile negotiations such as this, can set significant precedents and significantly influence the direction of subsequent negotiations in other leagues and industries.

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast