Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Doesn't this feel like the place the NHL wanted to end up? I mean the starting point was 43% against the PA's current 57% share. Ultimately they figured they would meet in the middle at 50/50.

I found this interesting:

A source with knowledge of the offer told ESPNNewYork.com that the players' primary concern -- that their current contracts are honored -- is addressed in the proposal. To protect the contracts already in the books, there is a mechanism in place in the league's latest offer to defer payments based on future growth, according to the source
    http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/85...elated-revenue

Does this mean contracts are rolled back; however if league growth continues at the pace the PA was advocating it would, roll backs would be paid back? Am I misunderstanding?

vCash
    Ted Starkey‏@TedStarkey
    Should the two sides hammer out a deal for a Nov. 2 start, Bruins-Capitals would be your season opener at Verizon Center.

Going to be a great game. Playoff rematch, Adam Oates coaching for the 1st time, coaching one of his former teams, and then coaching against one of his former teams.

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    I expect the players will counter with something more favorable for them, but this deal is fair and they should take it.

The one thing I haven't seen is what would be the cap number with this deal? How many teams are over? How will they get under the cap if they can't stash players in the AHL?

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Details are the most important thing IMO.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    NHL‏@NHL

"We proposed a long-term contract. We think that's in everybody's interest. We think that's what our fans want." - Gary Bettman

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    why would the PA want players to lose games? that makes no sense
    The players have ways to make money during the lockout, the owners don't.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Adam Jahns‏@adamjahns

#Blackhawks NHLPA rep Steve Montador on NHL's offer: "Will the players accept it? I don't think so....50/50 can mean a lot of things."

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    NHL‏@NHL

"We proposed a long-term contract. We think that's in everybody's interest. We think that's what our fans want." - Gary Bettman
    Ironic given the deal would ban long term contracts.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    The players have ways to make money during the lockout, the owners don't.
    very few players have to chance to make millions overseas or even in local leagues, some are even playing for free
    The owners pushing for the lockout are billionaires

vCash
    Lets be honest here
    43% was a ridiculous offer to make a 50/50 seem great as if the owners are trying to avoid missing a season.
    I think this was a strategy from the beginning, I would be surprised if a lot of fans fell for this.

vCash
    nevermind

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    So does would they get rid of the current long term contracts?

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    Details are the most important thing IMO.
    i agree,
    i think it was wrong for Bettman to release to this the public without details when he wanted to make negotiations private. Its an obvious attempt to improve their public imagine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    Lets be honest here
    43% was a ridiculous offer to make a 50/50 seem great as if the owners are trying to avoid missing a season.
    I think this was a strategy from the beginning, I would be surprised if a lot of fans fell for this.
    It's not a coincidence that 43% is the same distance from a 50/50 split as 57%. It's all just negotiation tactics and I think the players forced the owners to put this proposal forward earlier in the process than they wanted. You're right, it was never about 43%.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    So does would they get rid of the current long term contracts?
    I doubt it, I guess it would be going forward......I just hope this gets done ASAP

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast