Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    They get to sacrifice a ton of salary and year of their career so that younger players have a better percentage point or two. It absolutely sucks for them and if I was a player, I wouldn't but into this "greater good" bs.
    Together we stand, divided we beg
    its BS if you believe people should be treated as property to be bought and sold
    what about Human Dignity?
    Last edited by kevin13697; 11-20-2012 at 10:35 PM.

vCash
    it also sucks for the owners that are having financial trouble who want to them to begin playing but instead have to lay off workers & lose money.
    There is a hand full of teams making great profits.
    They should be focusing on helping struggling teams. Bettman & the NHL continues to be focusing on this revenue share percentage. An immediate 50/50 would greatly benefit all owners rather then just the struggling ones.
    These hardline owners are trying to take advantage of the situation by cutting salaries when they don't need to. Making it even more profitable for themselves.
    The known Hard-line owners are Jacobs(Bruins) and Snider(Flyers). They call the shots for the owners.
    Snider offered Weber 14 years,110 million dollars , Simmonds and Hartnell, 12 years, $52 million weeks before the CBA expires.
    Jacobs offered 20 yr old Seguin 6 years ,30 million weeks before the CBA expires.
    That isn't renegotiating a contract for an expense.
    Last edited by kevin13697; 11-20-2012 at 08:40 PM.

vCash
    The owners have to decide what they really want, competition on the ice or competition in the wallet. Do they want the league to succeed as a whole, or are they only concerned with their own team?
    Until the owners decide that the health of the league is more important, hockey will continue to be treated like the criminal step child of sports.

vCash
    From what I'm hearing, it sounds like they're going to get a mediator (neutral third party) to come in. This could be huge in getting a deal done. I'm cautiously optimistic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    From what I'm hearing, it sounds like they're going to get a mediator (neutral third party) to come in. This could be huge in getting a deal done. I'm cautiously optimistic.
    A mediator is what they need bad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    A mediator is what they need bad
    Definitely. I hope it's done soon and we don't have to go without hockey for much longer. Get a 60-game season in! Please NHL! ray:

vCash
    A mediator was badly needed, say, oh I don't know, in September. I have a feeling if the NHLPA turns in a proposal today that gets a once over and a chuckle, we won't be seeing hockey this year. I mean everyone in NHL media was saying expect hockey by thanksgiving. Guess what...that's tomorrow.

Side note, I love that NHL 13 lets me know who the Wings were supposed to playing day to day at the main menu.

vCash
    Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
    "@aaronward_nhl: "NHLPA proposal took NHL structure, 50/50 in year 1; Only difference,took $211M (make whole) to $393M over 4 yrs"
    So it sounds like the Players would be fine with the NHL's offer but they want another $182 million in "make whole" money.

OneMan's trying to steal Orpik from me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan:24410435
    Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
    "@aaronward_nhl: "NHLPA proposal took NHL structure, 50/50 in year 1; Only difference,took $211M (make whole) to $393M over 4 yrs"
    So it sounds like the Players would be fine with the NHL's offer but they want another $182 million in "make whole" money.
    This is why the owners are to blame the only thing stopping hockey is the owners won't pay contracts they signed. Stop trying to weasel out of signed deals man up and play hockey

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    This is why the owners are to blame the only thing stopping hockey is the owners won't pay contracts they signed. Stop trying to weasel out of signed deals man up and play hockey
    It was just part of the negotiating tactics imo. Just goes to show what kind of sack the owners have, they can make it seem like a win for the other party to simply get their contracts honored. You know, for example the ones they gave out months before the lock-out

FWIW, these guys didnt get to be where they are by not winning, then you go and put them together in a room with the common objective being "how they can make more money"? Yeah, the Union had a chance....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    Together we stand, divided we beg
    its BS if you believe people should be treated as property to be bought and soldwhat about Human Dignity?
    What the hell are you talking about, lol?

The players are losing more than what they're fighting for.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    The owners have to decide what they really want, competition on the ice or competition in the wallet. Do they want the league to succeed as a whole, or are they only concerned with their own team?
    Until the owners decide that the health of the league is more important, hockey will continue to be treated like the criminal step child of sports.
    Dude, you think the owners haven't decided that the health of the league is important to them? They ****ing own the damn thing.

Paying out huge salaries isn't healthy for their businesses. That's why so many are in the red.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    this is ****ing hopeless

RaptorsMaple LeafssVikingsssBlue JayssInterTFC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Dude, you think the owners haven't decided that the health of the league is important to them? They ****ing own the damn thing.

Paying out huge salaries isn't healthy for their businesses. That's why so many are in the red.
    Individual owners own a team, not the NHL
    The owners making huge profits are unwilling to share with struggling franchises.
    either drop the salary cap or share revenue.
    They should be responsible for paying out huge salaries they sign their name to.
    So many teams are in the red because of rising cost,not contracts.
    Last edited by kevin13697; 11-21-2012 at 06:59 PM.

vCash
    "Every time these things happen I just want to remind the owners and players: You guys make money because you've got a whole bunch of fans out there who are working really hard -- they buy tickets, they're watching on TV," he said. "Y'all should be able to figure this out. Get this done." Obama

i agree,
    with respect to the fans a deal needs to get done
    Last edited by kevin13697; 11-21-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast