Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 72 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YanksFan4Life View Post
    A lot of times in labor disputes there's shared blame to be had. However, this time, the owners are 100% wrong. They've made absolutely insane demands from day 1. The players have tried almost everything within reason and still the owners are being a bunch of billionaire ****s.

The worst to me is that the owners don't even want to honor their existing contracts. They deserve to be boiled in oil for this ****. How ****ing greedy and twisted to you have to be to sign contracts, and then have no intent on honoring them?

The absolute worst part of the lockout though is the majority of hockey fans aren't keeping informed and are just mad at the "greedy players". The same "greedy" players who were ready to play the season without a CBA, the same "greedy" players who have agreed to immediate 50/50. The biggest thing they are sticking to is STICK TO YOUR GODDAMNED AGREEMENTS.
    There's a split of blame to be had here but not so much as you see it. The owners should be to blame for the way they handle money losing franchises and signing back door contracts to get players ie Kovalchuk, Hossa, Richards etc. The players should be to blame for the fact that they think they should be owed more than half the money made from the sport. There's no business model that ever worked that had the workers making more than the owners, there's just none.

Also, the contracts they signed like every contract that is signed is conditional on the CBA agreement, the players know this, the owners know this. When you sign a contract on last years CBA, it will change with the new CBA. For the players to come out and say "ohh you signed me to this or that and now you won't pay" well that's a crock, they know that their contract depends on the workings of the CBA whether they signed it last year or next year it still works under the existing CBA deal. The deals that were made were front loaded with signing bonus' and now the players are pretending that they thought they'd get every cent and there'd be no lockout, come on!! Also if league revenue goes up then their contract actually gets bigger each year, I didn't hear them complain when they got extra money on their contracts so why complain now when it fluctuates downward.

I originally came out as being pissed at the owners too but now I'm seeing the PA's true stripes as well and I blame them equally They are now the ones who want this to continue, and really they were the ones who didn't want to start negotiations until later in the year to begin with. It's time for these two groups to do the right thing and get the season going. Having said that I'm not spending a cent on them when they do start. I'll watch games when they are on cable but I'm not buying center ice, tickets to games or merchandise. I suggest everyone do the same, because both sides are banking on the idea that we're like sheep and we'll come back when they start. Hit them where it hurts and make it so this doesn't happen again in 4 years. Bettman was cocky early and said the fans came back last time and they will again and this is why we are where we are at. They are actually fighting over projected INCREASES in revenue!!! They are so confident we'll come back that they are projecting 5-7 % increase in revenue.

Reduce their revenue for a year or two and see if they want to enter another lockout down the road. Send a message to all involved that we might be back but we aren't spending like we used to. If they took a 10% decrease in revenue they'd be less likely to want a lockout next time. Personally the money I spent on NHL related stuff has gone into QMJHL this year. Everyone should do the same, spend it somewhere else and see if they are so cocky.
    Last edited by bsi; 11-15-2012 at 12:41 PM.

vCash
    the only way this lockout gets resolved is if

Gary Bettman, Bill Daly, Donald Fehr, and the key owners (jermey Jacobs and company) leave the NHL and never come back.......until then, no hockey.

vCash
    What's the date where the season is 100% cancelled

NW Indiana (just outside my hometown of Chicago)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    What's the date where the season is 100% cancelled
    I have a feeling that date is right around the corner. Probably, within the next couple of weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Injuries are part of the game, its actually less likely they'll get hurt there than in the more physical NHL.
    That might be true, but it kinda f--ks DET for a 2nd line LW/C. He came off his best season last year. It's a shame these guys bolted. If a Redwing's gonna get hurt, it better happen in North America. I'm sick of this lock out. Just cancel the season now.

vCash
    I just want hockey back dammit.

vCash
    So if nothing happens in a week, games will be cancelled til Dec.15, yet the NHL wants a 2 week "moritorium"!? Makes sense to me.

vCash
    If we don't have an agreement by the end of the year, there will be no season. Sorry y'all.

vCash
    Boycott the NHL everyone. Don't buy anything NHL related. I'm planning on watching the games when they are free, but i'm not buying hats, shirts, games, tickets, or anything else hockey related. The only way we can ensure we don't have a lockout again is if we make revenues drop for the next year or so after this lockout. They won't take the fans for granted if they lost even 5% in revenue, but the problem was that we were all too anxious the last time to buy everything when it restarted that revenues actually went up and we created this ourselves. Remember the owners and players are projecting a revenue increase of between 5-7 percent each year. They are that confident that we'll be back they are banking on an increase of revenue. Shut the tap off everyone and this will never happen again I guarantee it!

vCash
    ^^^problem is, the games aren't "free". You pay the cable company to watch them. And incindently, I think some cable companies are in fact sponsers. It's a no win situation for us fans. Either we boycott and willing give up on our NHL teams, or we blindly hope back into the fray and support a league that doesn't realize we generate the revenue from our pockets to keep it alive, whether it's from merchandise, tickets and nhl packages from cable providers, or from buying a donut from Tim Hortons. It's crap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    ^^^problem is, the games aren't "free". You pay the cable company to watch them. And incindently, I think some cable companies are in fact sponsers. It's a no win situation for us fans. Either we boycott and willing give up on our NHL teams, or we blindly hope back into the fray and support a league that doesn't realize we generate the revenue from our pockets to keep it alive, whether it's from merchandise, tickets and nhl packages from cable providers, or from buying a donut from Tim Hortons. It's crap.
    Ya but you can't do anything about the cable you're already buying, you can do something about the Center Ice Package, game tickets, merchandise, games etc etc. The revenues will drop if we stop giving them our money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Ya but you can't do anything about the cable you're already buying, you can do something about the Center Ice Package, game tickets, merchandise, games etc etc. The revenues will drop if we stop giving them our money.
    If I can find it, there's a break down of every team and what businesses sponser them. It's insane that a few of these companies aren't somewhat annoyed with the lock out.

vCash
    If you want to make a statement we can arrange for a merchandise burning party outside of each home rink. That should show how angry we are with all this crap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
    If you want to make a statement we can arrange for a merchandise burning party outside of each home rink. That should show how angry we are with all this crap.
    haha yeah lets burn all that merchandise we already bought and paid for. That'll teach them. Why would they care if we burned **** we already paid for? After we gave them money for the product they could care less about what we do with it.

Not only that, but seeing as how we are all going to come back like we always do when hockey starts, burning the merchandise would probably make them think that we are going to buy more when everything gets going again hahahaha.

I will be keeping my jerseys and hats thank you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    haha yeah lets burn all that merchandise we already bought and paid for. That'll teach them. Why would they care if we burned **** we already paid for? After we gave them money for the product they could care less about what we do with it.

Not only that, but seeing as how we are all going to come back like we always do when hockey starts, burning the merchandise would probably make them think that we are going to buy more when everything gets going again hahahaha.

I will be keeping my jerseys and hats thank you
    Cancelling season tickets en masse is the way to make a statement.

Page 16 of 72 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast