Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I will be mad if we lose Ovechkin

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    My question.. Is what happens to the Salary Cap? How far will it fall? What about the teams that are already up against the Cap? Anyone know?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    I will be mad if we lose Ovechkin
    i would be too, it would sad to lose all these great players because of the owners wanting more profits. I can't blame the Europeans when they get better offers where they came from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    i would be too, it would sad to lose all these great players because of the owners wanting more profits. I can't blame the Europeans when they get better offers where they came from.
    Are we really going to start this again? Over half the NHL teams lost money last season but how dare they want more "profits". Don't give me this big market/small market crap either. If you are the owner of a big market team, congratulations. The Boston, New York, Detroit, Chicago & Canadian teams are the reason the NHL is staying afloat.

First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

vCash
    I blame the NHLPA. The NHL has made offers and tried to negotiate. The NHLPA is just crossing their arms and waiting for their demands to be met. The NHL is negotiating and the NHLPA is not.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    It is tough to say "I blame the players" now as this offer is essentially a day or two old. They have barely had time to digest it and prepare their full response. There will be a counter proposal to be sure but IMO the League has made significant strides in attempting to get this thing done with this offer.

It was also a brilliant PR move to make this entire offer public with it going so far as seeing the full offer on NHL.com. The ball is in Fehr and the NHLPA's court now and if they deny the offer outright or pretty much anything but accepting the offer, they will seem like the bad guys.

We here know they aren't, but the pressure is on them now to push these negotiations along following what I consider to be a pretty solid proposal. We may have hockey again yet boys

vCash
    I don't see why everyone thinks this was a gracious offer from the NHL. They "offered" to take 7 % of the players share of the money. Smart PR from the NHL as it is widely known that hockey fans felt a 50/50 split was a fair deal, it definately puts the pressure on the players.

vCash
    Updates?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    I don't see why everyone thinks this was a gracious offer from the NHL. They "offered" to take 7 % of the players share of the money. Smart PR from the NHL as it is widely known that hockey fans felt a 50/50 split was a fair deal, it definately puts the pressure on the players.
    I don't think it is a gracious offer but I find it to be significant progress. Maybe I am getting my hopes up but this is honestly the first time I have felt like the owners are making a real attempt to find common ground. I could be wrong and I probably am. I just feel better about this whole thing than I did a week ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Are we really going to start this again? Over half the NHL teams lost money last season but how dare they want more "profits". Don't give me this big market/small market crap either. If you are the owner of a big market team, congratulations. The Boston, New York, Detroit, Chicago & Canadian teams are the reason the NHL is staying afloat.
    under the CBA of the last lockout, the players got a higher revenue so the owners could put a salary cap in place. Now they wanted a 50/50 split from the beginning.
    Small market teams are not making profits while big market teams are making huge profits. This was poor management that the owners need to work out among themselves.
    How dare you want to take salaries from players under the contracts that they were signed to.The players shouldn't have to sign 50/50 & on top of that not even get into other details. This was a cheap shot.
    again BAD MORALS = BAD ECONOMICS
    Last edited by kevin13697; 10-17-2012 at 11:57 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    I don't think it is a gracious offer but I find it to be significant progress. Maybe I am getting my hopes up but this is honestly the first time I have felt like the owners are making a real attempt to find common ground. I could be wrong and I probably am. I just feel better about this whole thing than I did a week ago.
    I feel the owners have been planning this offer from their first proposal where they offered 43%. They haven't made a real attempt to find a common ground at all. It's been take it or leave it from the beginning

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    I feel the owners have been planning this offer from their first proposal where they offered 43%. They haven't made a real attempt to find a common ground at all. It's been take it or leave it from the beginning
    You aren't wrong, I think we just share different opinions here.

In a letter to the players from Donald Fehr regarding the offer, he stated that he believes this to be a step forward. Whether or not that is a little or big step is open to interpretation.

I just feel like this offer is an improvement and as such, I feel as if these negotiations have a real opportunity to get moving along in a more productive manner

vCash
    The owners wanted 50/50 all along, I don't think they'll back down from 50/50 really. Also, I have no idea how it's possible to not have a roll back of salaries and get to 50%. Having said all that atleast they are offering and counter offering, the only thing the NHLPA has on their side right now is that it seems as though the NHL wants an 82 game season, that's their only trump card IMO and I'm sure they'll delay a day or so in getting a counter proposal so as to pressure the NHL to sign it before their own 9-10 day deadline as to when you'd have to start training camp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelfer View Post
    You aren't wrong, I think we just share different opinions here.

In a letter to the players from Donald Fehr regarding the offer, he stated that he believes this to be a step forward. Whether or not that is a little or big step is open to interpretation.

I just feel like this offer is an improvement and as such, I feel as if these negotiations have a real opportunity to get moving along in a more productive manner
    “We do not yet know whether this proposal is a serious attempt to negotiate an agreement, or just another step down the road. The next several days will be, in large part, an effort to discover the answer to that question.”-Fehr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    The owners wanted 50/50 all along, I don't think they'll back down from 50/50 really. Also, I have no idea how it's possible to not have a roll back of salaries and get to 50%. Having said all that atleast they are offering and counter offering, the only thing the NHLPA has on their side right now is that it seems as though the NHL wants an 82 game season, that's their only trump card IMO and I'm sure they'll delay a day or so in getting a counter proposal so as to pressure the NHL to sign it before their own 9-10 day deadline as to when you'd have to start training camp.
    I'm still trying to figure that out.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast