Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1088

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,204
    vCash
    1500

    Lockout Discussion

    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=407490

    NHL puts a new offer on the table

    (How is there not a sticky thread for the Lockout and updates for it?)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    6,748
    vCash
    1500
    John Shannon from Sportsnet tweeted that contracts would limit to 5 years and FA would happen at 28 years of age and 8 years of service in the league. Entry Level deals run for 4 years as well in this offer. I didn't post the tweets. You'll hear about it all soon enough.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 10-16-2012 at 01:35 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,535
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KingerSoxMaster View Post
    John Shannon from Sportsnet tweeted that contracts would limit to 5 years and FA would happen at 28 years of age and 8 years of service in the league. Entry Level deals run for 4 years as well in this offer. I didn't post the tweets. You'll hear about it all soon enough.
    Pretty big news. The divide looks much smaller now.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    4,407
    vCash
    1500
    Also included in the offer is that all NHL players playing in the AHL will have their contract count towards the cap. "Now scratched from tonight's Wheeling Nailers game, Scott Gomez."
    Last edited by Kenny Powders; 10-16-2012 at 02:21 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    10,541
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Powers View Post
    Also included in the offer is that all NHL players playing in the AHL will have their contract count towards the cap. "Now scratched from tonight's Wheeling Nailers game, Scott Gomez."
    wouldnt this screw over the rangers outside of any other team?(wade redden)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    7,364
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SensandRaps View Post
    wouldnt this screw over the rangers outside of any other team?(wade redden)
    I'm sure they'll have some sort of one time buyout or something along those lines included or atleast they should. I think it would really mess with the Rangers especially if there wasn't. As a Ranger fan I'm happy we're able to get rid of Redden's salary but I also think it's wrong that he's in the minors only because of cap space, because as much as people want to crap on Redden he's still an NHL caliber player, and if he was making 1-2 million he'd be on our team as a 3rd pairing d man. If he were able to be bought out without killing the Rangers cap I could see a team like Edmonton or Detroit aquiring him for a mill or 2.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    14,433
    vCash
    1500
    Dan Rosen‏@drosennhl

    As for the compression of the schedule to get to 82 games, Bettman said it would include one extra game every five weeks per team.


    PAPI SMASH!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,193
    vCash
    500
    Apparently Fehr said it was a good starting point. I'm still skeptical. I think the PA wants to see them lose games.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,730
    vCash
    2708
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Apparently Fehr said it was a good starting point. I'm still skeptical. I think the PA wants to see them lose games.
    why would the PA want players to lose games? that makes no sense

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,193
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    why would the PA want players to lose games? that makes no sense
    The players have ways to make money during the lockout, the owners don't.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,730
    vCash
    2708
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    The players have ways to make money during the lockout, the owners don't.
    very few players have to chance to make millions overseas or even in local leagues, some are even playing for free
    The owners pushing for the lockout are billionaires

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,193
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    very few players have to chance to make millions overseas or even in local leagues, some are even playing for free
    The owners pushing for the lockout are billionaires
    They didn't become billionaires by owning hockey teams, that's for sure. Where are all these players that are losing money? There aren't any.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,204
    vCash
    1500
    I really think that the ball is completely in Fehr's court at this point. The NHL, atleast to the observer, seems like they reached out and made a pretty "fair" deal. This could make Bettman look like the good guy, and Fehr the bad if a deal isn't reached soon now.

    I'm sure there is a lot in the deal that we don't know yet but it has to be a good starting point and may be the first time I have heard Fehr say something positive about this situation.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    25,074
    vCash
    1500
    I think we are getting Hockey back very soon from the sounds of it. Sounds like they are really close.
    TAKE PRIDE

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boston/Florida
    Posts
    9,188
    vCash
    1500
    I think the right choice for them is to accept it.
    Proud to be PSD's Chris Kelly!
    The Chris Kelly Watch: 3 G /0 A/ 3 Pts / 2 +/-


    He went to the top self where Momma keeps the Peanut Butter & Where i hid the Porno's

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •