Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Little contribution from punt returns

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...12/#returns::7

Through 5 weeks, the Falcons (well, Dominique Franks) average 7.3 yards per return on punts, which is tied for 23rd overall. The longest return of 22 yards is tied for 19th. In case you're wondering, they rank 8th in average yards per kick return at 27.8. Just seeing if any of you would make a change at PR (and with whom) or if it's too early to judge.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 10-12-2012 at 07:55 AM.

vCash
    Of course. I have yet to see Franks do anything back there. TOONE! Or Douglas. We know we aren't getting him the ball any other way.

vCash
    With the current offensive weapons, I'd like to see HD get more shots at it. He gets used in "waves" in our offense. Plays a couple series in a row or so then you don't see him for a quarter. Put his talent to use while they aren't using him in offense

vCash
    Still uneasy about putting HD back there. I believe he could occasionally break a few long returns, but it's tough work and he's the only real insurance on the outside in case of injury. Maybe Toone, if Franks doesn't turn it around.

vCash
    I wanna see Toone back there the guy is crazy quick.

vCash
    I've almost reached the point of just expecting fair catches from Franks no matter what.

vCash
    With the way HD runs after the catch, i dont believe he is the answer either. Just give one of these other guys a shot but idk if HD is the guy. Franks is not the answer because he doesnt even take chances.

vCash
    Keith Armstrong (ST coach) did an interview on local radio a few days ago and when asked about moving Quizz to punt returner, he said it's unlikely because the spin/flight of the football, among other things, differs from kick returner.