• Tony Dungy

14 14.89%
  • Jon Gruden

37 39.36%
  • Other (who?)

25 26.60%
Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I wish we could bring Jim Johnson back, that's when things took a turn for the worse.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I wish we could bring Jim Johnson back, that's when things took a turn for the worse.
    Can Reggie White be an assistant?

vCash
    My hope is we have a defensive minded coach with a consistent accurate qb

As of now both are up in the air. But I hope we end up with both

vCash
    Once Washburn leaves, Bowles will be fine. We don't need a defensive minded coach.
    Since were going to need a new offensive coordinator our head coach should be more offensive minded.

I would love Sean Payton would be freaken perfect for us, but I'm sure he'll go back to NO or Dallas. I don't know who else is there gotta do research but besides the common names thrown out is there someone were missing out on??

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Once Washburn leaves, Bowles will be fine. We don't need a defensive minded coach.
    Since were going to need a new offensive coordinator our head coach should be more offensive minded.

I would love Sean Payton would be freaken perfect for us, but I'm sure he'll go back to NO or Dallas. I don't know who else is there gotta do research but besides the common names thrown out is there someone were missing out on??
    Ray Horton from Arizona. His Defense is pretty damn good. Maybe He'd want to go for a HC job. I also like Vic Fangio. Offensively minded coaches though, I'm not too sure about.

vCash
    I could care less if our new head coach is "offensive minded" or "defensive minded". Hell, it hardly ever works out that way, anyways. Marvin Lewis used to run the Ravens defense....and the Bengals have been a far more offensive than defensive team in his tenure, for example. Speaking of the Ravens, who remembers Brian Billeck and the defensive stallwart Ravens? What people forget is that Brian Billeck was an offensive coordinator prior to being the coach in Baltimore, and his offenses were never very good, instead, it was his defenses, under Lewis and Ryan that dominated. The coach will coach the players on his team toward those strengths, so really, the head coaches "mindedness" really has no bearing to me.

What I want is a coach with two qualities: assembling a good coaching staff and being a quality talent evaluator. You give me that, and we'll have a winning combo for a coach.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 11-11-2012 at 10:42 PM.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    I'd like them to atleast interview Josh McDaniels. I still think he'll have a great second go around as a head coach.

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post
    I'd like them to atleast interview Josh McDaniels. I still think he'll have a great second go around as a head coach.
    I wouldn't be opposed to it. I thought he did a decent job in Denver. I'm sure he learned a few things about how to handle himself too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotoworld:

An Eagles source told Yahoo! Sports that coach Andy Reid will likely keep his job heading into Week 11 against the Redskins.
    The source indicated that it's within the realm of possibility for Reid to lose his job in-season, even if a firing isn't imminent. "Don't see it before we're eliminated," the Eagles source said. The source did say Reid "probably" won't be fired "'til the season is over." The Eagles are expected to fire their entire coaching staff in January, although GM Howie Roseman is believed to be safe.
    Found this lil bit...

For head coach I would like to have 1 of 3.... the first 2 will be discipline coaches

Bill Cowher - #1
    John Gruden - #3 (dont care what you guys say)
    Tony Dungy - #2

other names I would like to see on the staff...not really head coaching

Herm Edwards
    Rex Ryan (when he gets fired I hope)
    Steve Mariucci
    Mike Singletary
    Last edited by fanofphilly; 11-12-2012 at 12:59 AM.

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Why Gruden?????? I don't get it. I want an explanation why anyone thinks he'll succeed here.

vCash
    discipline.

this team is a bunch of amazing players that are playing as if its gym class....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    discipline.

this team is a bunch of amazing players that are playing as if its gym class....
    I just don't see that alone turning the team around. He couldn't keep Tampa afloat after the Super Bowl and it just got progressively worse and like I've alluded to that team was in as big of a mess that Eagles are in right now. Cowher and Dungy are the only guys you listed that have proven they can coach through ups and downs. I'd also be more in favor of Billick than Gruden.

I'm not a Herm Edwards fan at all but I'd be in favor of Rex or Singletary running the defense. Mariucci I'm not sure. I'd like to see a change in offensive style so he's not really the right guy for me.

vCash
    come on man the Raiders were clowns...he took them to the superbowl and maybe without an injury they might have won....

the bucs were almost even bigger misfits...after that superbowl win he admitted it himself....everyone wanted to be lax and just chill plus he lost his starting qb which the wheels fell off the bus.

Gruden is better then ppl think.....maybe he will get the chance with a NFL team next year

vCash
    I just don't see it. If he didn't stay on top of things in Tampa how can you believe he's gonna survive under the scrutiny of Philly fans. He's gonna have a crappy first year and nobody is going to believe in him. The fans will run him right out of town. They either need to go with someone totally fresh or guys with very little question in coaching ability like Dungy, Cowher or Payton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    other names I would like to see on the staff...not really head coaching

Herm Edwards (He makes more as an analyst than he would as an assistant not to mention he works way less hours...only way he is back is as a head coach)
    Rex Ryan (when he gets fired I hope)
    Steve Mariucci (same as Edwards)
    Mike Singletary
    I would take a shot at either of the Ryan brothers as DC if they are available. I don't care about their trash talking...I think its rather funny.

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast