14 14.89%
  • Jon Gruden

37 39.36%
  • Other (who?)

25 26.60%
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Maybe we could give it to all the players?
    Sadly its a banned substance in the NFL ala the reason for Joe Haden's suspension this season
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Two more names that came to mind that I'm surprised haven't been thrown around more:

Joe Vitt. He's got ties to Philadelphia. He was the linebackers coach from 95-98. He's turned the Saints around. He's been an assistant head coach in 2 or 3 different places already, and is an interim head coach for a second team now.

One more college name I thought of over the weekend was Chris Petersen.

I guess I get why he doesn't get more credit for absolutely dominating in college football, but if he were in a major conference he'd probably get the same hype that Chip Kelly is getting. BSU typically only plays BCS teams early in the year, or during Bowl Season, but that isn't due to being afraid of those teams, thus the move to the Big East. He's got an incredibly impressive record of 82-8. With Kellen Moore as his quarterback the team was 50-3, losing the three games by a combined 5 points, with wins @Georgia, vs Arizona State, @Virginia Tech, vs Oregon State, vs Utah, vs Oregon, vs TCU, @ Oregon. (some of those games were "neutral fields" and bowl games in bold)

I'll give the credit to the argument about his record which will certainly be that BSU has played the majority of their games against the WAC and the MWC. To counter that though, BSU has averaged the 70th recruiting class over the past 9 years according to Rivals. They've gotten two 4-star recruits, one in 2005, and one in 2010. The two BSU players drafted in the first round last year were both 2-star recruits coming out of high school. So is it that Petersen is a very good judge of talent, is he very good at coaching his players up, or is he just lucky that his recruits were better than predicted?

vCash

who will be the Eagles NEW Head Coach

Make Mcnabb HC that way we can keep Marty as our offensive coordinator. Let Dawkins run the defense. Maybe sign Terrell Owens so we can have a big WR?
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    Make Mcnabb HC that way we can keep Marty as our offensive coordinator. Let Dawkins run the defense. Maybe sign Terrell Owens so we can have a big WR?
    No no no, dawkins head coach, mcnabb offensive coordinator/qb in waiting, trotter as DC, and todd pinkston can come show the wr core how its done. Dream team baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hievan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    No no no, dawkins head coach, mcnabb offensive coordinator/qb in waiting, trotter as DC, and todd pinkston can come show the wr core how its done. Dream team baby
    Maybe have David Akers coach the special teams in his free time?
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Unpopular opinion but I say keep big Andy around. This team has needed to be rebuilt for some time and wouldn't fire a HC just because we were unable to immediately fulfill McNabb's production.

vCash
    He's had plenty of time to get this team going and stay afloat. He's lot control. It's just a time for a culture change with this team because of rebuilding. If they were just retooling, then yeah, I'd be on board to keep Andy around for sure. You can't be making decisions like making your O-Line coach your DC and expect to be in contention.

vCash
    I say keep Andy too.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    I like Gruden, he gives this team some fire. Sort of the opposite of Andy. Plus he won a SB. But i am also for a defensive minded coach. I can't wait for the Eagles defense to be great again. Tough call.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietWyatt View Post
    Unpopular opinion but I say keep big Andy around. This team has needed to be rebuilt for some time and wouldn't fire a HC just because we were unable to immediately fulfill McNabb's production.
    We can't and it doesn't have to do with replacing McNabb.
    It's just a time for a change and ya we know what were losing but sometimes in life you need a change to better yourself ( in this case the team), because we've given him year after year after year and it's still the same mistakes and problems, it's time we take the next step as an organization and for that to happen we need a coaching change.

The fans have even gotten to the point where he's worn out on them, even the die hards who used to fight for Andy and defend him year after year have some what given up and just want a fresh face.

The same things people are saying now are the same things people said last year and last offseason and instead of taking a step forward we took like 10 steps backwards.

Think about it we had a 4 game winning streak to end the season, then won all our 4 preseason games and 3 of the first 4 games into the season then for some unknown reason **** just started unraveling.

Our team played with more heart and passion in the preseason than they have during the season, which is seriously really odd and something just doesn't add up.

Something took a turn along the way and is having trouble finding its way back.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    well like the old saying goes...If it ain't broke don't fix it.err wait that doesn't fit.If its broke fix it.It's definitely broke the engine needs an overhaul.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietWyatt View Post
    He made the decision to get rid of McNabb. Its also been 3 seasons since then. I wouldnt call it "immediate" to have at least have an idea of what our teams future holds at the position, especially considering hes drafted 3 QBs and acquired 3 FA QBs in that time frame.
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Greg Roman

vCash
    Elaborate

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    David Shaw

Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast