• Tony Dungy

14 14.89%
  • Jon Gruden

37 39.36%
  • Other (who?)

25 26.60%
Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Rex Ryan would do wonders for this team... BUT not as their head coach in my opinion. Just another example of a guy who is the best coordinator in the league, but doesn't have enough to be a head coach.

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    My loyalty would be tested if Rex coached here.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    I'm the same way with Gruden. If he ever coaches the Eagles I'm done. I have little faith in the front office now and if that move is made, you all know how I feel about Gruden. It can only get uglier from here.

vCash
    I agree with both of you. If Reid, Gruden, or Ryan are head coaches here next year, you can count me out.

FIRE ME!

vCash
    If Reid is coach next year I'd be shocked but it might mean a miracle happened this season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgon2k View Post
    Wouldn't say Lovie's failed. He's as successful if not more as andy in about the same time minus 04
    Lovie is a defensive minded coach and what has the strength of the Bears teams been during his tenure?? The defense led by Urlacher and company. That year they went to the SB their defense basically carried them with some timely playing by Sexy Rexy who then in the SB ran out of steam.

His offense has always been the downfall of the team until recently after getting Cutler and Forte breaking out on the scene, but even then they still don't utilize their offense properly.

Why do you think they gave up their whole draft for Cutler, because he wasn't capable of judging good offensive talent coming out which is why they lacked high end talent on that end until recently.

Point is we can be one of those teams and certainly have the talent to but can we count on our QB's to have timely game management skills when we need them to?? If the answer is yes then go for it but I always think balance is the way to go

Quote Originally Posted by Mattski1991 View Post
    How has Rex Ryan Failed? In one season he completely turned around a team and got to two consecutive AFC championships with Mark Sanchez! He can turn talent into production and get the most out of the players. It does scare me though that possibly his schtick could get old quick for players
    How hasn't he?? His offense has always been average to below average. Just like Lovie his defensive mind carried him through the playoffs because he found ways of stopping the other teams explosive offenses. While Sanchez just managed the game properly.

Now that his defense has lost a step and Sanchez isn't a good game manager now that teams have found a way to contain him he's getting exposed for lack of an offensive mind.

His attitudes nice, it can light a fire under players ***** and exudes confidence in them.

His big problem is never getting a good offensive coordinator and being hard headed in not giving another QB a chance yet despite getting a nice sample of Sanchez now.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    http://www.footballperspective.com/c...s-anyone-else/

Kelly’s offenses have been nothing short of incredible, with many changing parts and often less-than elite recruits. Could you say something similar about Steve Spurrier? Perhaps, but that doesn’t make the two comparable any more than being a fast, black quarterback makes Cam Newton cut from the same cloth as Vince Young. Tanier unfairly glosses over Kelly’s “incredible leadership and management skills” and his unconventional-but stats-nerd-approved decision making. That’s the key: Kelly is a creative and intelligent football mind, the exact type of person that should be able to succeed in a league that tolerates strategists like Pat Shurmur and Marvin Lewis.

The Oregon offenses are famous for their tempo, and that’s a style that Kelly could bring to the NFL regardless of the specific plays he calls. An up-tempo attack makes it difficult for defenses to substitute and tires out a defense, making life easy for an offense. If you think that sounds like a successful recipe in the NFL, you’re right. In 1978, another college coach had the 5th ranked offense that many described as gimmicky, but Bill Walsh turned out to be a pretty good NFL coach, too. Sure, Walsh learned under Paul Brown and had NFL experience, but that didn’t make his offense less controversial at the time.
    Really interesting read on Chip Kelly's future as a head coach. The more and more I read about him, the more I pray that he's here next year.

FIRE ME!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post
    http://www.footballperspective.com/c...s-anyone-else/

Really interesting read on Chip Kelly's future as a head coach. The more and more I read about him, the more I pray that he's here next year.
    Funny, the more I read, the more I don't want him here. My biggest fear is the offense. Are we gonna keep Vick? You know damn well Foles won't run in that offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Ninja View Post
    Who wouldn't want to coach this team though? We probably have one of the most talented football teams and if you don't like Vick - you can possibly have a future star in Foles. Foles just needs to be a game manager for the first few years. Honestly draft OL, maybe another QB if we are bad enough (only way Andy gets fired is if his record is not good), etc. We aren't like the Lions from a couple years back, we have the players in place to compete. Example? Look at the 49ers from two years ago.
    I agree, I think that, when healthy, we are very strong in most positions.

On OL, we are very, very good at 3 spots with Peters, Mathis and Herremans (who can play G or T). If Foles keeps looking good then I agree, 1st round pick on the best OL line available then we are looking top notch at 4 of the 5 positions and between FA (ie Sebastian Vollmer, Sam Baker) and what we currently have we should be able to find a solid fill for the remaining spot.

RB, WR and DT we are all set at.

DE, TE were solid at.

Our CB situation is frustrating, however even with Aso not playing up to expectations, hes still one of the better CBs in the league and its a tough position to get talent at especially without making MAJOR investments, I think him and DRC are good enough for us to be in the conversation as a top defense if we can start getting a pass rush

From there all I think we could use are some marginal upgrades at WLB and Safety.

Possible FA targets:
    Dashon Goldson
    Brent Grimes
    LaRon Landry
    Sean Smith
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Actually, our o-line is close if everyone is healthy. I don't think Watkins is starter material, but I do think that a healthy Kelce, Herremans, and Peters form a pretty nice core if you keep Mathis. I'd take the best RG in the draft and the o-line might just be set. We need to get a better backup center and swing tackle.

This all hinges on whether or not Peters is the same player once he gets healthy.

vCash
    I personally don't give a rats *** who the next coach is. It's not like it really matters. I get the objections to Gruden and what not, but honestly, what's the worst that can happen under a new coach? We never win the super bowl? Ok.....

It may be time for a change, but we aren't guaranteed anything more under any other coach than we are under Reid. The odds of winning a super bowl under any other coach are just as good as they are if Reid stays. Whatever happens happens, and we just hope for the best. The real question is who are we going to blame when everything goes to **** under a new head coach? Anybody expecting any other coach to come in here and replicate the same sustained success that Andy Reid had is fooling themselves. Sure, it could happen. I'm not betting my money on it.

The odds are better that we become one of those teams switching head coaches every couple of years than they are of us having another highly successful, tenured coach with any kind of continuity. That'll be tons of fun.

When it comes to Reid, we're pretty much damned if we do, damned if we don't. Anything more will just be pure luck. I have no expectations anymore.
    Last edited by Jbendz; 11-16-2012 at 12:34 PM.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    What we need to do is revamp the coaching staff around Reid. Give Reid the last year of his contract, and hire a REAL defensive coordinator with a pedigree. The problem with Juan was "nobody believed in him." Then we have to deal with yet another in season transition of defensive coaching. This defense is way too talented to be this bad, it's obvious that coaching is the main problem on that side of the ball.

As far as the offensive side, if Mcnabb can take us to 4 consecutive titles games with Pinkston and Thrash under Reid and Marty, there is no reason to believe that either of those guys are the problem. Their flaws are well documented, but they are NOT the problem. Vick has his flaws as well, but he is NOT the problem. Even with the boneheaded mistakes he's made, this offense should still have had a lot more success than it's been having. I'm all for replacing Marty at OC as well, but I don't really see that as an essential change.

The offensive line is the problem, and that isn't anybody's fault. If we had Peters and the rest of the original 5 out there from day one, things would undoubtedly be a lot different.

We just need to go back to what we KNOW works. Andy Reid, with coordinators that ACTUALLY know what they are doing. Sure, a new head coach will bring his own new coordinators in, but what happens when the coordinators are no longer an issue but the head coach is now the one that doesn't have a clue? I know Andy deserves his share of blame for hiring Castillo in the first place, but it's a correctable problem.

Hiring a new head coach altogether is a gamble no matter how you look at it, regardless of who that coach may be. We know for a fact what kind of team Andy can put on the field when he has REAL coordinators and supporting coaches in place. Give him an actual defensive coordinator and let him ride out the final year of his contract. If that still doesn't work, then it's a no brainer that it's just time for a full change.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    What if we let Reid go and the Cowboys get him?? Imagine that cause it's an event thats highly likely and maybe they haven't gotten rid of Garret yet cause their waiting on us to let Reid go.

Just something to think about going forward. I hate letting an amazing coach go like that when one of our rivals need a coach to and know how great our coach is.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Sean Payton?

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    They can have Reid if they want him. Please, take him and his poor in game adjustments, pathetics staffs, and overall arrogance.

FIRE ME!

Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast