14 14.89%
  • Jon Gruden

37 39.36%
  • Other (who?)

25 26.60%
Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 76erEaglePhils View Post
    The eagles already have their vp of football operations working for them now his name is Tim Donahoe. Andy Reid will be officially terminated on 12-31-2012 after the eagles last regular season game. After that Tim Donahoe who the eagles hired as senior advisor last spring will take over the football side of things drafting, scouting, and player personnel. Roseman will keep his title of gm, but will be restricted to slary cap, and player contract issues.

There will be no Jon Gruden, Tony Dungy, Bill Cowher type of ex-Coaches interviewing with the Eagles for this is not Donahoe’s personality or style. These are some of the coaches Tim has had a relationship with, and is very comfortable with football wise.
    1) Tom Clements (OC/QB Coach of the Packers)
    2) Vic Fangio (DC of 49ers)
    3) Dave Wannstadt (DC of Buffalo BIlls and longtime friend)
    4) Russ Grimm (OL Coach of Arizona, strong Ties from Steeler days)
    5) Ray Horton,Jr

There is also a very long shot that Dick Lebeau could be added to the mix due to their very long relationship,but it is a possible.
    Do u know what ur talking about or r u just trying to give me a boner

vCash
    I'm not a huge Rex Ryan fan, but the guy is a defensive guru. With the quality of guys this defense has, Rex Ryan could really do some damage. Also, let's not forget that Buddy Ryan is an absolutely beloved figure in Philadelphia. It's almost meant to be. Come on, the guy got the JETS to be relevant, with freakin' Mark Sanchez as their quarterback and Santonio Holmes as the number 1 receiver.

vCash
    The eagles already have their vp of football operations working for them now his name is Tim Donahoe. Andy Reid will be officially terminated on 12-31-2012 after the eagles last regular season game. After that Tim Donahoe who the eagles hired as senior advisor last spring will take over the football side of things drafting, scouting, and player personnel. Roseman will keep his title of gm, but will be restricted to slary cap, and player contract issues.

There will be no Jon Gruden, Tony Dungy, Bill Cowher type of ex-Coaches interviewing with the Eagles for this is not Donahoe’s personality or style. These are some of the coaches Tim has had a relationship with, and is very comfortable with football wise.
    5) Ray Horton,Jr

There is also a very long shot that Dick Lebeau could be added to the mix due to their very long relationship,but it is a possible.
    If Donahoe even thinks of interviewing Wannstedt he is a moron!

vCash
    the Ravens just fired their OC
    that's the kind of GM i like, address the right source of the problem and make a move no matter what time of year it is.
    there is no excuse for ray rice to not get 20+ carries a game.
    hope other teams with dynamic RBs (Eagles) are taking notes.
    but this is what happens when you have a GM that has played and understands the game, good decision to get rid of the OC even if the replacement don't do better you have send a strong message.
    DO YOUR JOB!

why is Marty still here?
    Eagles offseason:
    Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    Sign/draft Outside LB
    Sign/draft Inside LB (Ryans Replacement)
    evulate/Sign/draft QB

vCash
    If Andy is kept for next season, any chance we don't see Marty sticking with him? Let's hope some team will offer Marty a head coaching job, but it seems unlikely.

vCash
    ^I can't really imagine Marty being back here next year with or without Reid, but I also find it hard to believe that Reid would fire Marty. I said it in jest earlier, but Doug Pederson is probably the OC IF Reid is back next year. Just another loyalty move that Reid would make.

vCash
    That's the one problem with bringing Reid back, means more Marty, he's like the one guy Reid is reluctant to let go. I hope he finally sucks it up and lets him go to, but judging from Reid's comments after the game about Marty and Foles having good working chemistry, I don't see it.

I know it was one game and I don't want to jump the gun but I still think Bowles would be a legit option going forward. We abondoned the Wide 9 and look how magical our defense looked. I'd love a Rex Ryan to but I just don't see a reason to fire Bowles yet.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    You don't see a reason to fire Bowles yet? What more do you need? Has there ever been a worse 7 game stretch in Eagles history? On top of that, the worst part of the defense is the secondary, which is what he was brought in to coach. No thanks, seems like a great guy, but McDermott and Castillo were fired for less.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teehar View Post

5) Ray Horton,Jr

If Donahoe even thinks of interviewing Wannstedt he is a moron!
    Agreed. Guy has been an awful HC at both the college and NFL level
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Eagles need a strict disciplinarian as their next head coach a Vic Fangio, Russ Grimm, Winston Moss, Ray Horton Jr, Brad Seeley type. Tom Clements, Dirk Koetter would be good candidates but are offensive Coaches. I believe the Eagles need a defensive-minded, no nonsense type of Leader to get this Franchise back to physical football.

vCash
    Eagles need Andy Reid. Yep, I said it.

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

vCash
    If the Eagles rattle off a couple of good, solid wins...... I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back.

The wide-9 was an abomination that plagued our defense. Washburn's hiring was at least partially Reid's fault, but no one thought it be this bad.

Reid has had some poor drafts, but it looks like this year he nailed it with several playmakers to build around.

If Foles is the real deal (not sold, but I am excited) then who would develop him better than Andy?

Andy needs some better staffers (again, this is his fault) and coordinators, but if he gets some help on the defensive side, like what JJ did, Reid could turn into an elite program builder again.

I think I want him back, and its not because we squeeked out a game against Tampa Bay. I think the last couple of seasons opened his eyes and he's starting to get back to his roots.

vCash
    Also, if we fire him, he will have an offer from another team the next day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandrew View Post
    If the Eagles rattle off a couple of good, solid wins...... I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back.

The wide-9 was an abomination that plagued our defense. Washburn's hiring was at least partially Reid's fault, but no one thought it be this bad.

Reid has had some poor drafts, but it looks like this year he nailed it with several playmakers to build around.

If Foles is the real deal (not sold, but I am excited) then who would develop him better than Andy?

Andy needs some better staffers (again, this is his fault) and coordinators, but if he gets some help on the defensive side, like what JJ did, Reid could turn into an elite program builder again.

I think I want him back, and its not because we squeeked out a game against Tampa Bay. I think the last couple of seasons opened his eyes and he's starting to get back to his roots.
    Wide - 9 isnt bad. It worked just fine for us last season. Problem is we dont have the players for it. Babin was the only player who did and he had a dramatic decline between seasons. Just about every scheme has validity, its about whether or not you have the players to run it
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    Wide - 9 isnt bad. It worked just fine for us last season. Problem is we dont have the players for it. Babin was the only player who did and he had a dramatic decline between seasons. Just about every scheme has validity, its about whether or not you have the players to run it
    So basically, it was bad.

That's like bringing in Chip Kelly, implementing a 1-read, Option type of offense, and trading for Joe Flacco. Why run a scheme with improper personnel?

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast