14 14.89%
  • Jon Gruden

37 39.36%
  • Other (who?)

25 26.60%
Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bringinwood View Post
    The reason I would hesitate at Fangio is because you're looking at completely over hauling our roster on defense...

usually, you don't hire a 3-4 coach to coach a 4-3 roster...
    I heard that same thing in Green Bay and it didn't take long for things to change. This defense needs a shakeup the most. It was a start firing the offensive line coach who somehow got a defensive coaching position but there's more steps to go on that side of the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ********** View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bringinwood View Post
    The reason I would hesitate at Fangio is because you're looking at completely over hauling our roster on defense...

usually, you don't hire a 3-4 coach to coach a 4-3 roster...
    I heard that same thing in Green Bay and it didn't take long for things to change. This defense needs a shakeup the most. It was a start firing the offensive line coach who somehow got a defensive coaching position but there's more steps to go on that side of the ball.
    Green Bay hasn't really been a very good defense last season or this season. Also, they had a pretty top notch secondary in place when they made the switch. Finally they've invest 4 first round picks into transforming that defense.

With the exception of Jenkins not a single player in our front 7 is suited to play in the 3-4.

Switching to a 3-4 for this team at this stage is just asinine
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    Green Bay hasn't really been a very good defense last season or this season. Also, they had a pretty top notch secondary in place when they made the switch. Finally they've invest 4 first round picks into transforming that defense.

With the exception of Jenkins not a single player in our front 7 is suited to play in the 3-4.

Graham played in a 3-4 during college so I think he would fit just fine as a 3-4 as a pro.

Cole would perform well as an olb in a 3-4 as well...its not like your asking them to cover, in fact with his speed he would probably be better at a 3-4 than 4-3.

Ryans played in a 3-4 in Texas

wouldn't be too hard to think that one of our lbs could not just move to the inside.

as far as dline goes our dts could slide out and play de's in a 3-4 the only thing we really don't have is depth at each position and a NT.

all of that and I still don't want to go to a 3-4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post

Graham played in a 3-4 during college so I think he would fit just fine as a 3-4 as a pro.

Cole would perform well as an olb in a 3-4 as well...its not like your asking them to cover, in fact with his speed he would probably be better at a 3-4 than 4-3.

Ryans played in a 3-4 in Texas

wouldn't be too hard to think that one of our lbs could not just move to the inside.

as far as dline goes our dts could slide out and play de's in a 3-4 the only thing we really don't have is depth at each position and a NT.

all of that and I still don't want to go to a 3-4
    Ryan's play saw a big step off when they moved to the 3-4. A big reason as to why they traded him. There's no indication that Cole or Graham would be able to play OLB effectively at this level. They've shown they can play DE well at this level. If it ain't broke don't fix it. And NT is a huge gaping hole. It's extremely hard to find a good NT. there's only a hand full of good ones in the NFL. We'd also have no one to play the second ILB spot, Kendrick's doesn't fit the mold, his best attributes all fit into a 4-3 SAM role.

Find a team who has successfully switched defensive schemes that is performing well and didn't require a massive overhaul in terms of personnel.

Not to mention our biggest problems are QB and OL and it would be stupid to waste draft picks revamping a defense which doesn't need revamped when the offense is so poorly equipped .
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Again I said I don't want to switch.

Part of that is because of depth we would not have any

Part of that is because of the lack of NT which is really important

but to think that cole can't play olb and that Graham couldn't play olb which he was projected to play, built to play, and better suited to play because he did so so well in college is just ********. People did not want graham when he was drafted because he was a 3-4 olb not a 4-3 end. Its also easier for 4-3 ends to move to a 3-4 olb because they are basically always attacking the qb or the run either way they are not being blocked rightaway and have a little room to get up to full speed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    Again I said I don't want to switch.

Part of that is because of depth we would not have any

Part of that is because of the lack of NT which is really important

but to think that cole can't play olb and that Graham couldn't play olb which he was projected to play, built to play, and better suited to play because he did so so well in college is just ********. People did not want graham when he was drafted because he was a 3-4 olb not a 4-3 end. Its also easier for 4-3 ends to move to a 3-4 olb because they are basically always attacking the qb or the run either way they are not being blocked rightaway and have a little room to get up to full speed.
    Tell that to Dwight Freeney, Jason Babin, Vernon Gholston, Jason Taylor, Aaron Kampman etc
    Last edited by c_reinert; 11-06-2012 at 11:48 AM.
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    My contribution to the end of Reid: http://www.fireandynow.com

spread the word

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgon2k View Post
    my contribution to the end of reid: http://www.fireandynow.com

spread the word
    signed!!!

vCash
    How dumb.

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

vCash
    Wow only 15 signatures.That's sad.I'm afraid Eagles fans are numb and have no feeling one way or the other.I vote for a change personally.

vCash
    I just made it 1 hour ago, I hope throughout the season it will get alot of votes

vCash
    no point in firing him now anyhow...you don't have your future coach as his assitant and most likly your future coach isn't available to hire right now.

I was watching espn and they showed the remaining scedule...is it true we face all sub .500 teams from here on out?

vCash
    Yes, which is why throwing in the towel is a dumb idea. Anything can happen.

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

vCash
    All I hope is that Roseman and Lurie have at least started putting together a list of potential hc candidates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teehar View Post
    All I hope is that Roseman and Lurie have at least started putting together a list of potential hc candidates.
    I think they had that list when the season started. You can't have a statment like the team needs to show improvement...and have no true answer to the situation when the improvement does not come.

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast