• Other (who?)

25 26.60%
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Ray Horton!!!!

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    I dont get the love for old heads like Cowher and Dungy. Makes no sense.

vCash
    They have had success in this league, that's why.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    Exactly!

vCash
    The future of the NFL is the no huddle offense. It is such an advantage to the offense and it is already catching on quick. Which college team has run an impossible to defend no huddle for the last 5 years or so...Oregon. One of the best no huddles in the NFL...New England. Who has Bill Belichick worked with the last two years to help develop the no huddle...Chip Kelly.

If you are going to hire a college coach and take that risk like some of you want with Shaw, there is NO QUESTION Chip Kelly is the best option.

vCash
    They're not the style teams are going with lately though. If you look at head coaches around the league, most are assistants who have been taught for years. I'd prefer an assistant who has put in his work for 15-20 years and is itching to take over a team. Sean Payton, Mike Tomlin, Jon Harbaugh, etc. There's also the risk that you totally fail and pick a terrible coach, but that's a risk I'd be willing to take. Lurie did a fine job picking out Reid in that situation, and I'm sure that Reid would give him some suggestions.

I hate the Tony Dungy suggestion. I'd love to see his career without Peyton Manning starting every single week. It really helped him out. Same with Cowher having Roethlisberger and Lebeau the last few years to help him finally win a Superbowl. Cowher was in the same position as Reid in Pittsburgh, I'd rather keep Reid around than bring in Cowher.

FIRE ME!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post
    They're not the style teams are going with lately though. If you look at head coaches around the league, most are assistants who have been taught for years. I'd prefer an assistant who has put in his work for 15-20 years and is itching to take over a team. Sean Payton, Mike Tomlin, Jon Harbaugh, etc. There's also the risk that you totally fail and pick a terrible coach, but that's a risk I'd be willing to take. Lurie did a fine job picking out Reid in that situation, and I'm sure that Reid would give him some suggestions.

I hate the Tony Dungy suggestion. I'd love to see his career without Peyton Manning starting every single week. It really helped him out. Same with Cowher having Roethlisberger and Lebeau the last few years to help him finally win a Superbowl. Cowher was in the same position as Reid in Pittsburgh, I'd rather keep Reid around than bring in Cowher.
    More teams go with assistants because they are cheaper, not because they are better options. If you give most owners a choice between a proven HC with a Superbowl ring or someone who hasn't been a HC they are going to give the job to the proven guy if the money was the same.

Also, Dungy was a pretty good HC in Tampa before the got rid of him for an rising star in Gruden. It's not like they got rid of Dungy because he was horrible, he only had 1 losing season in Tampa in 6 years.

As for Cowher, you can basically say the same thing about Reid. He had a top level QB in Mcnabb for multiple years and one of the best DC's in the league with Jim Johnson. TBH, every great coach you name has had great coaches around him along with great players, so you can basically say the same thing for every coach.

Like I said before, I don't see either of those guys as realistic candidates anyway if the eagles do fire Reid after this season.

vCash
    They need a guy like Gruden ( already won a super bowl ). They need to fix the O line and get a new offensive coordinatorI Fire that plug Morningweg!!

vCash
    Although I would take Cowher as well.........

vCash
    More teams go with assistants because they are cheaper, not because they are better options. If you give most owners a choice between a proven HC with a Superbowl ring or someone who hasn't been a HC they are going to give the job to the proven guy if the money was the same.

Also, Dungy was a pretty good HC in Tampa before the got rid of him for an rising star in Gruden. It's not like they got rid of Dungy because he was horrible, he only had 1 losing season in Tampa in 6 years.

As for Cowher, you can basically say the same thing about Reid. He had a top level QB in Mcnabb for multiple years and one of the best DC's in the league with Jim Johnson. TBH, every great coach you name has had great coaches around him along with great players, so you can basically say the same thing for every coach.

Like I said before, I don't see either of those guys as realistic candidates anyway if the eagles do fire Reid after this season.
    Dungy got fired because he couldn't develop a quarterback, and couldn't win in the playoffs. He was handed the best quarterback in the game an benefited from manning for the next decade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agj88 View Post
    Dungy got fired because he couldn't develop a quarterback, and couldn't win in the playoffs. He was handed the best quarterback in the game an benefited from manning for the next decade
    He wasn't given the prospects to develop a QB, so can't blame that on him. The playoff thing is legit, but he still got to the playoffs 4 out of 6 years, far from a terrible head coach. I don't think Dungy is that great of a coach anyway but if given the choice between him and an unknown coach and everything is even I take the guy that has had success.

vCash
    If we do get rid of Reid, if possible i would like to see us get Bill Obrien PSU coach. He would be awesome here. He has done a great job at PSU.

vCash
    Bill O'Brien is already one of the best college coaches in the country, and is taking the PSU recovery in stride. Doubt he leaves now, he's making quite the story.

Expecially because he has the top QB recruit in the nation next year. He's probably wetting himself at the thought of actually having talent.

FIRE ME!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan70 View Post
    They need a guy like Gruden ( already won a super bowl ). They need to fix the O line and get a new offensive coordinatorI Fire that plug Morningweg!!
    Why do people think he would get the job done. His over all record is 95-81. His playoff record is 5-4. The team he won the superbowl with he went there and they all ready had a good team and a shut down defense. I dont think he would be better than Reid. If he was so good wouldnt he have all ready had a coaching job by now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by streetsmarts13 View Post
    Why do people think he would get the job done. His over all record is 95-81. His playoff record is 5-4. The team he won the superbowl with he went there and they all ready had a good team and a shut down defense. I dont think he would be better than Reid. If he was so good wouldnt he have all ready had a coaching job by now?
    Yes he had a shut down defense, but his offense was never great and his Fo didnt put much talent on the field for him in that way. He's a young coach, who's very loud and aggressive. He's exactly what the Eagles need. We have a young team that needs an in your face college coach. He's had offers to be a coach, he's just turned them down. He likes being acommentator, andhas said he'd consider coaching again if it was the right fit. Gruden always talks well of the Eagles, and says he liked his time he spent in Philly. We have a great nucleous of young talent on the team. We need to sure up the O-Line, and maybe add a saefty and we're pretty much set as long as someonecan help coach us up a little.

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast