Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 53
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12,782
    vCash
    1500
    It would be sick if hes cleared.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    63,595
    vCash
    2000
    I'd honestly be stunned if he was cleared. I read a few days ago the doctors refused to clear him because they didn't want to be responsible if he got another concussion.



    Catches: Yards: TDs:

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12,782
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'd honestly be stunned if he was cleared. I read a few days ago the doctors refused to clear him because they didn't want to be responsible if he got another concussion.
    They are way to concerned about concussions. I guarantee you he can play and be fine and even if he were to get another concussion. It's the media that made concussions a big deal. These people suing the NFL make concussions seem like a big deal. I've had multiple concussions from football and other activities and I'm fine and will continue to do these such activities. I don't get why the don't want to get the blame for him getting another concussion, I mean it's not like him being not in football shape would make him get a concussion. It's really stupid if him not playing is the reason of concern of the doctors not wanting to get the blame if he gets another concussion.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    86,460
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    They are way to concerned about concussions. I guarantee you he can play and be fine and even if he were to get another concussion. It's the media that made concussions a big deal. These people suing the NFL make concussions seem like a big deal. I've had multiple concussions from football and other activities and I'm fine and will continue to do these such activities. I don't get why the don't want to get the blame for him getting another concussion, I mean it's not like him being not in football shape would make him get a concussion. It's really stupid if him not playing is the reason of concern of the doctors not wanting to get the blame if he gets another concussion.
    Not to butt in, but I think you nailed it. You're probably right but IF something very severe were to happen after letting him play.....it would open pandora's box. They want to do everything to stop that.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12,782
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Not to butt in, but I think you nailed it. You're probably right but IF something very severe were to happen after letting him play.....it would open pandora's box. They want to do everything to stop that.
    Are you being sarcastic? Your choice of words are too highly intelligent for me.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    86,460
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Are you being sarcastic? Your choice of words are too highly intelligent for me.
    I'm being dead serious lol. Sorry rocket.

    Da guyz at da nfl dont wanna hav a big mess if sum1 gets real ****ed up from havin too many head owwies so dey dont wanna clear any1 if there is any risk at all.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    17,306
    vCash
    500
    Don't think Best is coming back. Once we made the trade for the quick WR it summed up that he will try to be like Best in his role.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12,782
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I'm being dead serious lol. Sorry rocket.

    Da guyz at da nfl dont wanna hav a big mess if sum1 gets real ****ed up from havin too many head owwies so dey dont wanna clear any1 if there is any risk at all.
    Thank you. now I understand.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, CA.
    Posts
    25,788
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I'm being dead serious lol. Sorry rocket.

    Da guyz at da nfl dont wanna hav a big mess if sum1 gets real ****ed up from havin too many head owwies so dey dont wanna clear any1 if there is any risk at all.

    Classic norm

    My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 tackles sacks ints
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    377
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Thank you. now I understand.
    You just proved why they wont clear best. Hahaha jk man

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Muskegon, MI
    Posts
    1,005
    vCash
    1500
    My buddy has a Brother who does sports medicine for Grand Valley State Univ. We were talking about Best and he stated that most likely Best is fine to play now but the issue is that the Doctors that need to clear him are independent contractors for the NFL and not actual employees.

    The NFL went this route because of all of the law suits forming with retired players and the league. Now the way it is set up, if Best is cleared to play, and later furthers his injury, the NFL's hands are "clean" of any wrong-doing.

    The downside is that none of these guys want to clear Best to play because now THEY become liable instead of the NFL should Best decide to file suit years down the road.

    I say let Best sign a waiver if he wants to play or if doesn't want to sign it, release him. At some point, this needs to be Best's decision because no one else is going to "stick thier necks out".

  12. #42
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12,782
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah. Does Best have a say in if he can play or not? I'd be pissed if I were him.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    160
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    I wonder what these tests are like? Does he have to walk a straight line, or does he have to pass the Bar?

    Best is one of the first big lessons in dealing with concussed players in the new NFL. I bet this drives future players that have a history of concussions (like Best) down draft boards. Teams may not have understood how rigid these tests were going to be. Had there been previous cases to go on, the Lions may not have taken Best…hence, we should get a compensatory pick.
    i play highschool ball right now, beginning of training camp everyones required to take a concussion test where you repeat a set of words back to the trainer
    and another is jogging around a while and when you get done if your dizzy or not, obiously if your dizzy you are still concussed etc

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,089
    vCash
    500
    Tim Twentyman ‏@ttwentyman

    The Lions have made the decision to keep RB Jahvid Best on the Reserve/PUP list, ending his season.
    I actually got my hopes up. I think JB should just look out for his well being and retire.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

  15. #45
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12,782
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    Tim Twentyman ‏@ttwentyman



    I actually got my hopes up. I think JB should just look out for his well being and retire.
    Lol. Why the **** would he retire? He has had like 3 concussions and that's it. The only reason he's not playing because if he were to get another concussion everyone would be pointing fingers. He can play right now but you know the NFL is too over cautious.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •