Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Are you kidding me?....

God ****ing damnit.

Man oh man. We need to draft a good RB in the later rounds if this years draft.
    Come on. There is more to life then football. We should be happy he got out before it was too late. It does suck for is but he does not need to risk his future and no one should.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    Come on. There is more to life then football. We should be happy he got out before it was too late. It does suck for is but he does not need to risk his future and no one should.
    I don't think I criticized Best for not playing so idk what your trying to prove. I know he doesn't need to risk his life. Just mad that this happened.

**** you

vCash
    we were kinda chasing a pipe dream thinking he would be able to comeback and play at 100% now even if he does play in the future he probably wouldnt be the same player anyways so best of luck to you Jahvid.

vCash
    We need a 3rd down/ kick returner in this draft. bye bye logan
    Max Scherzer season stats

blue eyes - 1

brown eyes - 1

wins

losses

KOs

BB

WHIP

vCash
    Best was done when he took that crazy hit into the inzone when he played at Cal...Sucks Im a big Best fan but he has to think about his health now.

He made this offense better by being on the field because the D knew he could take it to the house at any moment....Or just run in between the tackles for a 1 yard gain...

Props to StriveGreatness

vCash
    He'll be remembered for helping us win on Monday night against the bears

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 58 tackles / .5 sacks / 1 safety / 1 amazing int
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    I wonder what these tests are like? Does he have to walk a straight line, or does he have to pass the Bar?

Best is one of the first big lessons in dealing with concussed players in the new NFL. I bet this drives future players that have a history of concussions (like Best) down draft boards. Teams may not have understood how rigid these tests were going to be. Had there been previous cases to go on, the Lions may not have taken Best…hence, we should get a compensatory pick.
    #66 LaAdrian Waddle

vCash
    ^ Id like an extra pick, but doubt it. We need to stop taking risks on damaged players:
    Follet= no longer playing
    Best= most likely retired
    Broyles= too soon to call?

What did best actually cost us, not just $ wise, but what did we give up to move up & get him? If we didn't move up, who would we have pick? Including the pick we lost?
    Last edited by Lionsfanfromsac; 10-18-2012 at 02:45 PM.

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 58 tackles / .5 sacks / 1 safety / 1 amazing int

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    ^ Id like an extra pick, but doubt it. We need to stop taking risks on damaged players:
    Follet= no longer playing
    Best= most likely retired
    Broyles= too soon to call?

What did best actually cost us, not just $ wise, but what did we give up to move up & get him? If we didn't move up, who would we have pick? Including the pick we lost?
    we traded a 2nd round pick to minnesota for him...but there is no way we are going to get anything back he played a few games for us then got hurt. Its not like he never played.

Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    vCash
    pointless keeping this dude.
    [URL=http://gifsoup.com]GIFSoup

Kingwood A Man Before His Time Dvd in Stores

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwood313 View Post
    pointless keeping this dude.
    Good to see you back kw

Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Good to see you back kw
    Thanks Vacation was pretty cool.
    [URL=http://gifsoup.com]GIFSoup

Kingwood A Man Before His Time Dvd in Stores

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    I wonder what these tests are like? Does he have to walk a straight line, or does he have to pass the Bar?

Best is one of the first big lessons in dealing with concussed players in the new NFL. I bet this drives future players that have a history of concussions (like Best) down draft boards. Teams may not have understood how rigid these tests were going to be. Had there been previous cases to go on, the Lions may not have taken Best…hence, we should get a compensatory pick.
    From what I understand, they're not all that rigid. There are baseline tests (motorsensory, memory both long and short, strength, etc) performed, and the players have to pass those tests within certain levels to be cleared.

I coached some this past season (granted, HS, but the concept of testing is similar as far as I've been told), and we had a kid that sat 5 weeks because his short term memory testing was atrocious after a concussion (down 45% with just one concussion). If Best is having similar issues, it's probably best that he retires. It's sad to say that, but if you can't remember **** just a few minutes after being told to remember something, you have issues way beyond not being able to help a football team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post

Not to be rude, but we didn't get **** when Gaines Adams died unexpectedly. You don't get compensatory picks because a player doesn't pan out as you thought he would.

vCash
    RB Jahvid Best would have to come off the Physically Unable to Perform list and back on the practice field or would have to move to the reserve/injured list, which would end any hope of him playing this season.

The Lions have until next week Tuesday to get running back Jahvid Best off the Physically Unable to Perform list and back on the practice field or place him on the reserve/injured list, which would end any hope of him playing this season.

“With regard to Jahvid, we'll have an update on that soon,” Lions general manager Martin Mayhew said. “At the appropriate time.”

Best has not played in over a year since suffering a concussion Week 6 last season in a loss to the 49ers.

The Lions placed Best on the Physically Unable to Perform list to begin the season, with the hope that he’d be able to get clearance to resume contact and come off the list after Week 6.

That didn’t happen, obviously.

Now, Best has just five days to get clearance from an independent team of neurologists or will have to go on IR. If he resumes practice, the Lions would then have another three weeks to add him to the active roster.

"There's still time," Lions head coach Jim Schwartz said earlier this month after it was announced Best would not being coming off the PUP list.

That time is quickly running out.
    http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lio...3-e0f107c4fafc
    % of Souls Taken: 100

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast