Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will getting Canty back help the Giants contain the Skins rushing attack?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, big time

19 57.58%
  • Will help a little

10 30.30%
  • No, makes no difference

4 12.12%
Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    Wrong. Try reading what I wrote and what I'm referring to before commenting. Better you not comment than make a half-assed one.
    He's actually 100% right.

Where the hell are you during the games?

Maybe I overreact while watching the game, so what?

The nonsense I spew? I'm pretty sure I only throw**** players who are playing like **** under the bus. I didn't get on Cruz yesterday did I? No, pretty much Eli for playing like **** and almost costing us the game. THis game should have been a much easier one if Eli didn't keep handing the ball back to them after our defense got a turnover.

Sorry you don't like what I say, block me then.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    Wrong. Try reading what I wrote and what I'm referring to before commenting. Better you not comment than make a half-assed one.
    Actually he's right and did respond to your statements, so maybe you should read what he wrote before you make a half assed one. Your the one talking out of your ***.. Leave the ****ing guy alone already, this is NY/NJ not Canada or California (sorry G lol).. A lot of fans say **** when players **** up.. Everybody handles it differently.. Who are you to go at him?
    Last edited by JerzeyStorm; 10-22-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    He played pretty bad today...definitely his worst game of the year.

But, he got it done again in the most important time.

Even when he plays like dog **** he finds a way. Thats pure mental toughness right there.
    The great ones figure out a way in the end. Doesn't matter how they played up until that point. Eli has a soft spot in my heart(even though I hate you guys) because he does what he does. He isn't deemed great because of volume stats(Marino). He is deemed great because of how he plays when the game is on the line(Montana).

Don't get me wrong, he does get impressive stats. It's just not what makes him so good, ya know?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    The great ones figure out a way in the end. Doesn't matter how they played up until that point. Eli has a soft spot in my heart(even though I hate you guys) because he does what he does. He isn't deemed great because of volume stats(Marino). He is deemed great because of how he plays when the game is on the line(Montana).

Don't get me wrong, he does get impressive stats. It's just not what makes him so good, ya know?
    Well said

vCash
    Thank god we got a win yesterday. I don't care how Eli played against Washington because he's earned the right to have an off drive or 2. Do I think we should have been throwing on 1st down when we should have been killing clock? Absolutely not. But Bradshaw couldn't consistently get more than a few yards, so I see why we were throwing. It was a divisional game, which are always tough no matter the team, and the Skins are legit. We already know Eli will bounce back, because he always does.

If there was anything I was truly concerned with was how we came out in the first half against the run. The Skins were running what looked like a spread option college-style offense, and we couldn't stop them until the halftime adjustments came into play. We got really lucky that we forced some turnovers and got a few stops, because we should have been in a big halftime hole. That being said, we completely bottled Morris up after half and the phenomenal play of RG3 is just something we're gonna have to learn to contain. Also hated how Andre Brown didn't get enough carries, especially when Bradshaw was so hit and miss, and David Wilson was M.I.A. for no reason whatsoever. He's been a great change of pace recently. Could have run by the defenders with ease if we let him.

Things I liked: Martellus Bennett. He looks healthy and can really do damage in the passing game. Nicks looks like he's getting healthier every game, which is crucial for us. He made some phenomenal hands catches yesterday, and just missed making another nice back shoulder catch in the 4th I believe. Having him at 100% going forward will be big. Chris Canty coming back and just getting some work in will also help us a ton. Even if his name wasn't called much, we know what he's about and getting him in game shape without any setbacks was probably the Giants' biggest goal for that game. Finally, Prince continues to impress me. He's been really good when healthy and I believe once he gets his confidence up, he'll develop that shutdown corner swagger that we'll need.

Overall, it wasn't a pretty win, but we got it done. Doesn't look like anyone was injured, which is always a plus. Canty is back. Nicks is getting to 100%. Eli is still clutch. Bottom line: We came off a huge win against the 49ers and avoided the trap game before next week in Dallas. You know Tom Coughlin will have the troops ready for next week's revenge game in Dallas (which might as well be Giants Stadium part 2 with the way Eli loves playing there) and we're sitting pretty at 5-2. If we take next week, that's 6-2 and a 2-2 record in the division. We need that game, and we should be ready.

vCash
    I'm dying to know what that fight between Bradshaw and Coughlin was about. They asked TC after the game and he said "that's between him and I".

vCash
    BTW, a little love for the unsung hero Black Unicorn? Solid day. 2 real bad mistakes when it seems like on every streak route he slows up and stops while the ball flies past him, but overall solid day of blocking and had 5 catches for 79 yds.

Eli has no shortage of targets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    BTW, a little love for the unsung hero Black Unicorn? Solid day. 2 real bad mistakes when it seems like on every streak route he slows up and stops while the ball flies past him, but overall solid day of blocking and had 5 catches for 79 yds.

Eli has no shortage of targets.
    He's been very solid no doubt, I got lots of love for a te that can block like he does.. Add the ability of his passing game.. Very happy with him..

vCash
    I'm dying to know what that fight between Bradshaw and Coughlin was about. They asked TC after the game and he said "that's between him and I".
    The belief is the lack of running..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyStorm View Post
    The belief is the lack of running..
    That would make sense.

For as good as Gilbride has been, he sure called a **** game at the end.

vCash
    That would make sense.

For as good as Gilbride has been, he sure called a **** game at the end.
    Yea but that throw by Eli was beyond ********..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyStorm View Post
    Yea but that throw by Eli was beyond ********..
    Oh no doubt. Eli was off all day and even the game winner I gotta put more credit on Cruz for winning the battle off the line and the safety for completely whiffing. The bigger question on that last INT was why was that a play call to begin with? I mean I guess a WR screen for us is typically a conservative call and surefire completion, but but the safe move is to get Brown in there and muscle a couple yards and THEN use 2nd down to take a shot and 3rd (if there's one) to kill time.

It was kinda disturbing how off they were for this game. Eli and Nicks not on the same page for that back-shoulder throw? That NEVER happens. Eli missed Cruz on 3 different passes (including the easy TD) that were flat out gimmies. It was like watching 2006 Eli.....really weird. I'll say it again, I really think something was off with him.....like a bad night's sleep, a fight with the wife, kid stuff......just SOMETHING that took his head out of the game.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post

Try telling that to the rest of PSD lol.

But yeah, I basically called Eli a poor man's Montana in one of the threads in the main forum. Didn't get a chance to see anyone's response yet.

He can look mediocre at times, and don't get me wrong...he generally plays well but....his greatest strength is that nothing rattles him, and he has shown a consistent knack for getting hot late in games when his team needs him most...and becoming an unstoppable force of momentum that can't be shaken when the game is on the line.

Montana made a HOF career out of this. He looked human often...good...but human. Then as the game comes to is crucial points, he would often get into a rhythm. It would build and build and then all of a sudden...he and his offense are unstoppable...just like that. The timing of his ability to "get into an unstoppable rhythm" was so uncoincidentally at the most crucial late part of games.

Another word for this is clutch. It results in having the ability to win any game at anytime. Its a huge aspect of the game that outweighs stats at the end of everything IMO.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Does anyone know why Bradshaw was so fired up during the game? The announcers were saying it was because he wanted the ball more but I feel like there was wayyy more to it. He looked more pumped up then mad at some points and he almost gave Cruz a concussion

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast