Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mike Trout

56 76.71%
  • Buster Posey

17 23.29%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Who would you rather have? Buster Posey or Mike Trout?

explain

vCash
    Trout, younger.

that's basically the only breaking point for me.

Posey will also likely be moved to first at some point, or risk injury.

He is highly valuable being an offensive catcher. But you have to be careful how you handle him. It is easier to find a centerfielder closer in offensive value to Trout than to find an offensive catcher that can hit like Posey. But Trout is a safer bet for a stronger career at this point to me.

It is worth noting. Trout is better defensively compared to his peers at his position, than Posey is. But Posey plays a significantly more valuable position, even though they are only two slots a part on the defensive spectrum.

Either way, both are ideal players to build around and nobody is wrong to pick one or the other.

It's sort of like asking, what color do you want your Ferrari to be. Because both are just awesome.

vCash
    Damn though choice. I have to take trout. His year as a rookie starting in basically may was incredible.

vCash
    Trout...

vCash
    Trout... Posey dealed with that horrific injury and Trout had a great rookie year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Trout, younger.

that's basically the only breaking point for me.

Posey will also likely be moved to first at some point, or risk injury.

He is highly valuable being an offensive catcher. But you have to be careful how you handle him. It is easier to find a centerfielder closer in offensive value to Trout than to find an offensive catcher that can hit like Posey. But Trout is a safer bet for a stronger career at this point to me.

It is worth noting. Trout is better defensively compared to his peers at his position, than Posey is. But Posey plays a significantly more valuable position, even though they are only two slots a part on the defensive spectrum.

Either way, both are ideal players to build around and nobody is wrong to pick one or the other.

It's sort of like asking, what color do you want your Ferrari to be. Because both are just awesome.
    That's why I made this thread, because I thought about it and couldn't really come up with a strong case for one over the other. Mike Trout, while showing more potential than Posey(hard to believe that's possible) has had only one season under his belt. What if he hits .260 next year? Not likely, but it is baseball.

For me, I would say Trout, because he seems like a potential once-in-a-decade type player, even though at this point I would say it's slightly more of a gamble, simply because of his experience. I don't take Posey's injury into consideration because it was a 'freak' accident that won't likely happen again. It's not like he has a reoccurring injury that is likely to pop back up.

Also, I don't know how to make polls, but if a mod could edit this thread and add one that would be awesome!
    Last edited by jonnydanger1; 12-13-2012 at 03:43 AM.

vCash
    Trout. Eventually Posey will be moved off of catcher to preserve his bat and health; plus that injury could come back to haunt him one day.

vCash
    Trout, but this one is dangerously close. Posey is a true elite talent at the hardest position in the sport besides pitcher to find one at. OTOH, Trout is also an elite talent with no injury history.

vCash
    Can I have Trouts overall physical talent with Buster's defensive position and leadership qualities??

San Francisco Giants Trophy Wall

vCash
    Trout by a mile in my book.

vCash
    Trout is incredible...

vCash
    Michael Trout

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Trout easy.

Guy is just too impressive.

vCash
    Mike Trout
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    Buster Posey. He's proven he can carry the Giants to a ring, or two.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast