Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Al haymon bullied lou dibella out of any part of promoting this fight. No one really knows what's going on, because lou didn't say anything and just took it.

Its not like dibella to nit speak out, haymon doesn't mess around, lou knew better. Somehow GBP negotiated a deal without Bertos promoter. Don't even know how that works.

vCash
    Share On Facebook
    Share on Twitter

As reported yesterday, Robert Guerrero will face Andre Berto in an HBO main event on November 24. It's a good fight that already has people talking, and Guerrero spoke with BoxingScene.com about the fight today.

A big point of interest is that Guerrero is flat-out saying Berto's chin is weak, and that he's got flaws that have never been improved.

"I've been watching him since they first started airing his fights on Showtime. I've seen his ESPN fights. I see a lot of stuff that's never changed, that's never improved. I'm going to capitalize on what I know and what I can take advantage of. It's exciting to know what I can do in the ring and be able to do in the ring, with capitalizing on it."

... "To see him out there with Collazo, a guy who can't crack an egg, and he almost had [Berto] out on his feet. When I see that, I don't need to be a big puncher. ... There is no question (about Berto's chin). That has already been answered. I've seen him hit the canvas in a few fights. That question was answered long before and now it's like Amir Khan - you have to tailor your style around your chin."

Guerrero (30-1-1, 18 KO) had a rough, entertaining fight with Selcuk Aydin on July 28 in San Jose, winning a decision in a very closely-contested fight. It was a fight that left questions about Guerrero's punching power at 147 pounds, but didn't leave any about his willingness to fight with naturally bigger guys, as the former featherweight titlist took the fight to Aydin and banged away with an experienced, solid welterweight.

Berto (28-1, 22 KO) is different, though. He's a lot faster than Aydin, and my gut feeling is he hits a good bit harder, too. Aydin is a pretty good pressure fighter and tougher than a two-dollar steak, but Berto is without question, I believe, a level up from that, and it's a really good fight on paper. Guerrero-Berto could be a hell of a lot of fun to watch, and whatever else you might think of Guerrero and his PR tactics, I think it's been made very clear that he's entirely serious about taking real fights and real challenges. It's not just talk. He took on a legit welter after being out over a year and never fighting above lightweight, and now he's going for a guy who's been top five in that division for years.

With Berto's own one-year layoff at this point, and some injury problems, it's kind of a wild card fight, and that's not a bad thing.
    thats why im taking the Ghost!!

vCash
    I agree w everything the ghost says, but hes never been a power puncher himself, and that was in divisions much lower than where Berto has lived his while career.

I really like Guerrero, but he talks way to much, and acts way to entitles for someone who's spent his career jumping divisions and fighting easy fights.

I'm not even a Berto fan at all, but I don't expect Berto to show the ghost any respect early on, and if the power difference is what I think it is, the ghost could be in for a tough fight early on. If he survives than he has a shot. I'm not sure he does.

vCash
    Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&o...#ixzz2ABzRZHp9
    This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Berto vs. Guerrero, a 12-round welterweight bout, is presented by Golden Boy Promotions and sponsored by Corona and AT&T. Also featured will be a junior middleweight bout between rising star Keith Thurman and former World Champion Carlos Quintana and a 12-round battle between WBA Interim Lightweight World Champion Richar Abril and number 3 rated WBA lightweight contender Sharif Bogere for the WBA Lightweight World Championship. The event will take place at Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, Calif. and will be televised live on HBO World Championship Boxing beginning at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT.

Tickets priced at $200, $100, $75, $50 and $25, not including applicable service charges and taxes, are on sale now and are available for purchase by calling (888) 9AXS TIX (888-929-7849), at the Citizens Bank Arena box office or online at www.cbbankarena.com or www.axs.com .

Andre Berto, Former Two-Time World Champion

"I'll use my speed, power and I'll be smart against Guerrero. "I'm already in shape and ready to work.

"I'm hungry. Sometimes you have to go through tough times, sit back, appreciate what you have in life and move forward.

"I went through a hell of a year for me. Now I'm back to the basics. This is what I needed.

"I want to make statements with my fights, not take tune up fights. I know the level of fighter that I am and that's what I expect from my opponents too.

Robert Guerrero, Four-Division & Six-Time World Champion

"I believe I can knock him out. I want to send him home hurting and damaged.

"They don't give me the credit I deserve, so I just have to keep winning. I wanted to find one of the strongest guys out there that no one else wanted to fight to prove I'm the best.

"I know Berto is coming to fight and he's hungry, but so am I. I'm always hungry. I'm hungry all the time because I want to be the best in the world, not just a world champion. I don't want to settle, I want to be the best.

"I'm looking forward to taking care of business on November 24."

Richard Schaefer, CEO Golden Boy Promotions

"Robert Guerrero is one of the most underrated champions in the world. I can't understand why he's not at the top of the pound for pound list.

"We have Andre Berto vs. Robert Guerrero, Keith Thurman vs. Carlos Quintana and Richar Abril vs. Sharif Bogere. This is a huge event.

"The fights on November 24 are 'pick em' bouts where either fighter can win.

"November 24 is a 'thank you' to fight fans on Thanksgiving weekend. Tickets are priced extremely low, starting at $25.00."

Tony Morgan, Berto's Trainer

"He can call himself whatever he wants ("The Ghost"), but at the end of the night, he'll be calling himself a loser.

"Guerrero is a great fighter, but he's never been hit by someone as hard as Berto can hit in the 147 lb. division."

Ruben Guerrero Sr., Guerrero's Father/Trainer

"We're going to have the advantages in all aspects against Berto.

"Robert is hungry, like a lion. He's going to swallow him up on November 24.

"We're going to be 100% ready for Berto and I promise it's going to be a great fight."
    I have to say im really excited about this fight. I think it will end up a blood bath.

vCash
    I love the Ghost's confidence, especially towards the Berto fight. What he said was pretty much 100% accurate. The Collazo fight was a robbery imo, I had Collazo winning 115-112. He hurt Berto really bad in the first round with a straight left (a punch that Guerrero is a master at throwing).

I'm taking Ghost via UD.

vCash
    Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&o...#ixzz2AFzQvvA5
    This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Luis Sandoval

Former 2 time world champion Andre Berto is preparing to step back into the ring when he takes on current interim WBC Welterweight champion Robert The Ghost Guerrero on November 24th at the Citizens Bank Arena in Ontario, CA.

Berto has overcome a shoulder injury and a failed drug test that caused his rematch with Victor Ortiz to fall through and sidelined him for over a year. He feels confident going into this bout and feels Guerrero has never faced a fighter like him.

I think hes a tremendous fighter but I dont think hes ever been in there with a fighter like me. Ever. Hes been in there with a few talented guys but I think I bring something to the table that hes never seen so Im looking forward to executing him. Im excited about it. It just shows Im willing to take any fight and Im ready to step right back in the mix said Berto.

Berto was training out in Los Angeles earlier this year but has now moved his camp back to Florida full time where he says he feels more comfortable. Media personnel would constantly interrupt and be around him inside and outside the gym so he decided to take things back home and eliminate the distractions.

After being out of the ring for so long, Berto still decided to bypass a tune up fight and go directly after a big name and try to secure a title again in his division. He doesnt believe the layoff will be a problem and believes the work in the gym will make up for it.

Ive been putting in a lot of significant rounds in sparring and I believe thats the most important thing. I already went a full 12 rounds yesterday. As long as you put in that work, we believe once you get in there and fight everything is just going to lock in Berto told BoxingScene.

This is a very important fight for both combatants and the victor will open himself up to bigger fights and opportunities. Berto went through a similar situation when he fought Victor Ortiz and says hes prepared to go through anything to come out on top this time.

Were going to be ready for everything. If were boxing or if we got to war, were going to do whatever it takes.

vCash
    Berto never should of left victor conte, he looked incredibly strong when he was with him.

And Bertos ability once he's exhausted drops dramatically. I've yet to see him ever really get a second wind in a fight. Either his natural size advantage wins him the fight, or a lack of strength late will lose him the fight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX:24062758
    Berto never should of left victor conte, he looked incredibly strong when he was with him.

And Bertos ability once he's exhausted drops dramatically. I've yet to see him ever really get a second wind in a fight. Either his natural size advantage wins him the fight, or a lack of strength late will lose him the fight.
    Yea i agree. Once he's tired he's done. He needs to work on his conditioning.

vCash
    Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&o...#ixzz2AJvVBeEq

Promoter Bob Arum recently told yours truly that the reason the fight between welterweight champion Timothy Bradley and Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero did not come to fruition was because Golden Boy Promotions offered Guerrero only half of $1.2 million offered up by HBO. Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy, in response told BoxingScene.com that was absolutely not true.

We asked Guerrero how bummed out he was about not getting what would have been a high-profile fight with Bradley.

"I was a little disappointed," Guerrero said at a Los Angeles news conference formally announcing his Nov. 24 fight against former welterweight champion Andre Berto at Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, Calif. (on HBO). "I wanted to fight Timothy Bradley because he just came off that fight with Manny Pacquiao. He had a great win and I wanted to be able to unify the division and take care of business there. But it didn't happen."

We also asked Guerrero if money was an issue in him not taking that fight. His co-manager, Luis DeCubas, jumped into the conversation.

"No, absolutely not," DeCubas said. "We had a deal in place ready to go; Bradley pulled out."

DeCubas was asked if he knew why Bradley allegedly pulled out.

"No, it never came on record," he said. "But we had a deal in place and money had absolutely nothing to do with the fight."

The same day Arum said what he said about that situation, he said Bradley may not fight until next year because the foot he injured in the Pacquiao fight was still hurting. Bradley's manager, Cameron Dunkin, confirmed that. But Bradley subsequently denied his foot was aching during an interview with his hometown newspaper, The Desert
    Sun.
    I think i prefer to see The Ghost Vs Berto over him fighting Bradley IMO.

vCash
    He would have had an easier fight vs Bradley IMO
    The Autumn Wind is a Raider

vCash
    Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&o...#ixzz2AOR1papn

By Rick Reeno

BoxingScene.com has been advised that WBC interim-welterweight champion Robert Guerrero (30-1-1, 18KOs) is dedicating his upcoming title defense to Hall of Fame trainer Emanuel Steward, who passed away on Thursday at the age of 68.

Guerrero is scheduled to face the most dangerous opponent of his entire career, former two-time welterweight champion Andre Berto (28-1, 22KOs).

The HBO televised fight is taking place on November 24th at the Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, California.

Steward, regarded as one of the greatest boxing minds in the history of the sport, was the current trainer of Wladimir Klitschko, Andy Lee, Adonis Stevenson and several others. Although Steward never trained Guerrero, the Gilroy fighter was inspired by Steward's ability to groom so many champions. Steward's Kronk Gym, located in Detroit, is one of the most well known boxing gyms in the world.

Guerrero said: "I'm deeply saddened by the news of Emanuel Steward. He was not only a pioneer of the sport of boxing but a man of integrity. My deepest condolences go out to his family and Manny will never be forgotten. November 24th on HBO, I dedicate my fight against Berto to one of my idols...Manny Steward. God Bless you Manny and I won't let you down. This one's for you!"

vCash
    I like it^ though I feel he should have let Klitchko have that right.
    The Autumn Wind is a Raider

vCash
    The ghost will do anything for some PR. I respect it, but I take it wth a grain of salt. At this point, shut up and fight already. I havnt rooted for Andre Berto in years ,I might this time around.

vCash
    I also don't see Guerrero winning this fight. I think Berto outclasses him decisively and eventually knocks him out.
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    Sounds like Berto is a full time gbp fighter now. Would love to hear how this happened, but well probably never find out.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast