Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Reds extend Dusty Baker 2 more seasons

i just saw it on the Reds facebook page. a press conference is scheduled for 3:00 at GABP.

vCash
    I am sorry for you guys. I know what it's like to have a crappy manager

Props.LgnD.

vCash
    Well, here we go, 2 more years of the same nonsense as the last 3 years. I guess this means Jacoby will stay on as hitting coach and we continue to watch Stubbs strike out most of the time every game? At least Rolen looks wise enough to retire, wish he had done that last year but thats in the past now.

vCash
    The entire coaching staff will return in 2013 as well.

I'm might be alone on this, but I'm happy Dusty Baker will return as the Reds Manager for the next 2 seasons. I think it's a good signing and I'm anxious to see if this young team can win a championship within the next 3-5 years. I will be the first to admit that Dusty is not the perfect manager, but I also know there is no such thing as a perfect manager. I believe Dusty made a few glaring mistakes in the postseason, but he is smart enough to learn from those. I'm not going to hold a grudge against a guy who has changed the perception of the team I love. The Reds are now considered one of the better teams in baseball and I think we owe some of that to Dusty Baker.

Thank you Bob Castellini and Walt Jocketty for getting this deal done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stsparks72 View Post
    The entire coaching staff will return in 2013 as well.

I'm might be alone on this, but I'm happy Dusty Baker will return as the Reds Manager for the next 2 seasons. I think it's a good signing and I'm anxious to see if this young team can win a championship within the next 3-5 years. I will be the first to admit that Dusty is not the perfect manager, but I also know there is no such thing as a perfect manager. I believe Dusty made a few glaring mistakes in the postseason, but he is smart enough to learn from those. I'm not going to hold a grudge against a guy who has changed the perception of the team I love. The Reds are now considered one of the better teams in baseball and I think we owe some of that to Dusty Baker.

Thank you Bob Castellini and Walt Jocketty for getting this deal done.
    I agree. If there is a perfect manager out there, let me know, because I'm yet to find him. I think it's amazing when the team does bad, everyone wants him fired, but when he does good, he gets no credit at all.

he won 97 games last year and took us to the playoffs 2 out of 3 years. obviously he knows what he's doing most of the time. I think he has like 19th most wins by a manager in baseball history.

and realistically, who else would we hire? no other good managers are going to be available that I know of. and if we hire a new guy, its a gamble. they may never take us to the playoffs. at least we know Dusty is capable of getting us there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    I agree. If there is a perfect manager out there, let me know, because I'm yet to find him. I think it's amazing when the team does bad, everyone wants him fired, but when he does good, he gets no credit at all.
    Mark Sheldon agrees as well.

Check out Mark Sheldon's Blog post
    http://marksheldon.mlblogs.com/2012/...-good-ol-days/

Thanks for posting that Mark.

vCash
    I'm very happy with this. I like the timing too, we didn't drag this out for several months.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stsparks72 View Post
    Mark Sheldon agrees as well.

Check out Mark Sheldon's Blog post
    http://marksheldon.mlblogs.com/2012/...-good-ol-days/

Thanks for posting that Mark.
    I don't really remember Jack McKeon but I know a lot of people who liked him.

I actually really liked Pete Mackanin after Narron was fired. I thought he was going to get the managerial job but they went with Dusty.

vCash
    I dislike it but whatever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    That's alright man. I can understand why some would feel that way. You're a big part of this forum I would like to read your thoughts on Dusty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    like sparks said, I also understand. I get frustrated a lot with him too. I would rather him have gotten a 1 year deal, but whatever. It's not like there's better managers looking for a job this winter anyway

vCash
    I like Dusty a lot, I'm glad he is returning. The players love him so that in itself is a great thing. People are always going to be critical and not everyone can be happy. But as jlohm said, there isn't a lot of options manager wise this offseason. Dusty has brought excitement and WINNING back to the Reds so that alone gets my praise.

vCash
    Charlie Sheen has also brought "WINNING" back to the Reds. LOL!

I think its cool that Charlie is a huge Reds fan.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post

he won 97 games last year and took us to the playoffs 2 out of 3 years. obviously he knows what he's doing most of the time. I think he has like 19th most wins by a manager in baseball history.

and realistically, who else would we hire? no other good managers are going to be available that I know of. and if we hire a new guy, its a gamble. they may never take us to the playoffs. at least we know Dusty is capable of getting us there.
    Well said. Good luck to you guys next season!

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    My reasoning is that Dusty seems out of touch with roster moves and his 25 man roster. He always starts turd vets over young and up and coming players. Corey Poop Stain Patterson, Darnell McDonald, Gomes, Rolen (this season more than ever), Cairo (over better PH options), a struggling Stubbs ect. I just think his time as coaching is done and we need someone who is younger and more on the level that others are than the lame old school motto Crusty has that has won him Zilch World Series titles. I dont want the Reds to make the goddamn playoffs and lose in the Fing 1st round. It should be World Sereis or F'ing bust.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast