Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Will Frank heed his words for playing time?

Frank has said many times that he will play the guys that earn the minutes. Well, I really want to see how truthful he's going to be to that statement. I have watched much of the pre-season so far and I can tell you point blank that the WORST Pistons so far have been Charlie V and Daye. Both have been awful, and I even tried to give them some slack. Daye got some boards but he shot everytime he got a pass and he didn't make many. Same goes for Charlie and his defense and rebounding suck.

So if Frank is honestly going to go by production then you need to look no farther than playing Drummond/Slava at the Center spot, putting Monroe at the PF slot, and Knight at PG. After that, you have a lot of positives and you can mix and match but those four have earned their minutes already in my mind. I think at best Charlie V should be a fixture on the bench again without gauranteed minutes. I know that doesn't help us to trade him but he's just too bad to steal minutes from this young core we have now.

vCash
    Yea I agree. If Frank is saying that whoever plays the best should get the minutes then it should be drummond/slava at the center position. I just think the reason we are seeing daye and cv play so much is because its there last chance ( hopefully) to show the organization that they can play. The effort is there so they might get a pass, but they are not very good. They need to be released to make room for other players.

vCash
    I hope Charlie and Daye get stuck on the bench and never leave.

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash
    I remember when I once considered charlie villanueva a good signing...

vCash
    I tried to make myself like that signing but man what a bad offseason that was.
    Max Scherzer season stats

blue eyes - 1

brown eyes - 1

wins

losses

KOs

BB

WHIP

vCash
    Please, Frank is another Kuester. He won't have the balls to bench Stuckey and Prince. Prince cause he's the longest tenured Piston, and Stuckey cause he will just cry in his diapers if that were to happen.

I just don't see him doing it

vCash
    How has T. Williams looked?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    How has T. Williams looked?
    To me, he's looked suprising well at the point in the minutes he's gotten. The thing that gets me, of course it's early, is that with the exception of CV and Daye this team has looked pretty good. Yea, we've lost two of three but it's more the mix is bad than the players have been. It's going to be interesting to see what the 10 man rotation for the regular season will be. Here's my guess at the 10 Frank will rotate- starting with the guys getting the most minutes:

Monroe
    Knight
    Stuckey
    Prince (not my pick but he'll get his minutes)
    Meggette
    Drummond
    Jerebko
    Maxiell (again not by my choice)
    Slava
    English

Bynum could get more minutes but I could see them moving Stuckey over when English or Meggette are at SG. We'll see what happens.

vCash
    Who knows if Frank will stick with that philosophy, but I hope he does because I actually have a lot of faith in his coaching and want all decisions to be about whats best for the team and not any other political reasoning.

I like how we have looked in preseason so far and I am pretty excited for the season to start.

vCash
    I hope Williams can beat Bynum out to back up Knight/Stuckey. He would be a perfect piece for this team. Good defender and also helps the team in pts/reb/ast. Also doesnt rush English to adapt to the NBA game.

Maxiell is better off the bench. Due to Drummomd being better defensively..Maxiell can be the low post offense we need for the 2nd unit.

Also with Jerebko playing Sf/pf I can see Maggette playing some SG.

Knight/Williams/Bynum
    Stuckey/Williams/English (Maggette could see spot minutes)
    Prince/Maggette/JJ/Singler
    Monroe/JJ/Maxiell
    Drummond/Maxiell/Slava

Very good young team and pretty darn good defensively too.

vCash
    This dude is another boring **** ***. Joe D is the only one to find these guys. I thought your gonna start players who EARNED it???? Really Prince, Maxiel and Stuckey EARNED IT?

Another dude who is all talk!

vCash

Liar!