Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    vCash
    i actually think RG3 has more weapons than Luck,Tannehill, and Wilson by quite a bit. that said that Cousins pass to Hankerson was beautiful.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    ^^^ yes it was was

NO hunger Foul
    Highest scoring points
    regular season Champ
    2012 PSD Fantasy football Champion

No Hunger Foul
    2x Def-con1 Squad Champion(1000$ League)
    Highest scoring points
    2011 and 2012 Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxDolphan26 View Post
    So, other than the mobility, Kirk Cousins pretty much matches RG3's production passing-wise in his first career start. I wonder if RG3 does everything himself, or the Redskins just have more offensive weapons than guys like Luck, Tanny, and Wilson... hmmm...
    Interesting stat... RG III is 1-5 when garcon isnt suited up and playing...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Tannehill misses most of his deep passes. He either overthrows or throws the ball out of bounds. I did not watch todays game so I don't know how he did against the Jags.
    ESPNStatsInfo:
    Ryan Tannehill is the NFL's most accurate passer on throws of 21+ yards (48%)
    (As of this week)

We just don't go deep enough.

vCash
    Hopefully, Plague sees that stat.

Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxDolphan26 View Post
    Hopefully, Plague sees that stat.
    lol was thinking the same. Tannehill's deep accuracy was supposed to be one of his negatives coming out. still feel like he is a below average deep passer but hopefully that stat is a sign that he is getting better. was hitting the deep passes before the brace. its weird because he hasnt had a deep threat or true #1 in college or the pros yet
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    I can answer that easily and I am also going to request some other related stats. I never complained about his accuracy of 5, 10, 15, 20 or even 25 yards. I was talking about his deep passes, the passes that are difference makers, those 35-40 yard down field passes. The passes that have those high arcs. Showing passes 21+ dilutes those numbers and is not what I said about Tannehill....

Also to make it clear I am not talking about YAC, if a QB throws the ball down field 15 yards and then the WR picks up another 10 yards thats a 15 yard pass not a 25 yard pass.

What I would like to know is if the stats are available

Where does he(Tannehill) rank on completion percentage 35+ and 40+.
    Where does he rank on passes attempted per game on 35+ and 40+.
    Throw in his rank on passes attempted 21+ a game. Since they have completion percentage on passes 21+ they should have where he ranks on attempts.
    Where does the Dolphins rank on passes thrown 35+ that resulted in defensive PI. (I am assuming this stat is not easily attainable but if it is.)

One of the reasons I ask about passes attempted is because my complaint is he does not want to make the tough throws. He only throws to players down field that are college open or until the game gets out of hand and he must open it up more. Tough throws equals more incomplete passes but they also equal bigger chunk yards. If you avoid tough throws your going to have a low amount of attempts, but a high completion percentage because players wide open tend to catch passes, but players don't get wide open very often which means less attempted passes. I ask about the defensive Pass Interference because if your giving your WR a chance to catch the ball you will on average draw more defensive pass interferences, the refs are not going to call PI on un-catchable balls.

The other question I have to ask is are you guys watching the same games I am watching? I have watched all games except the JAX game... You guys are not noticing when Tannehill throws the bomb that its almost always either overthrown and the WR either has no chance of catching the ball, or the WR has to dive for the ball, or Tannehill throws the ball out of bounds where the WR has no chance of catching the ball.....That is what I have been seeing.

I don't pay for pro football focus but with the free stats I could not find the questions I asked.

What I did find was

Tannehill is

22nd in completions over 20 yards. I was surprised to see Andrew Luck was 1st.
    T26th in completions over 40 yards.
    T20TH in Yards per attempt
    22nd in balls thrown 15+ yards.
    Last edited by Plague; 12-19-2012 at 07:45 AM.

vCash
    i wasnt surprised by Luck leading in interceptions with Sanchez. its why i didnt like him coming out
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    When you wing the ball down field your going to throw more interceptions. Colts have 9 wins with almost all rookies starting at every skilled position on offense. I would prefer Tannehill to throw the ball down field more even if it meant more interceptions. Your not going to win trying to get 6 first downs a drive, you need some chunk plays. We are not playing in the 1980's anymore, the game has evolved.
    Last edited by Plague; 12-19-2012 at 06:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    When you wing the ball down field your going to throw more interceptions. Colts have 9 wins with almost all rookies starting at every skilled position on offense. I would prefer Tannehill to throw the ball down field more even if it meant more interceptions. Your not going to win trying to get 6 first downs a drive, you need some chunk plays. We are not playing in the 1980's anymore, the game has evolved.
    Luck has players that allow him to wing it down field as he has 2 deep threats. Tannehill cant wing it down field as he doesnt have guys that can get down field. unlike you im actually surprised at how much he throws down the field based on what he has. get him the weapons
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Luck has players that allow him to wing it down field as he has 2 deep threats. Tannehill cant wing it down field as he doesnt have guys that can get down field. unlike you im actually surprised at how much he throws down the field based on what he has. get him the weapons
    Luck also has a coaching staff that will let him wing it down the field. That comes down to Luck was more pro ready than Tannehill.

I have wanted a deep threat for a few seasons. I am believer you need someone who can stretch the field. Marlon Moore is the closest thing we have to a WR who can stretch the field but he looks to be nothing more than a borderline quality NFL WR. He could of really upped his stock by making that diving catch but he failed and he will probably never be more than a bottom of the pack WR.

After we played the Niners Dashon Goldson had his post game interview and was answering questions from the media. One of his answers he said in the first half the Dolphins did not run any patterns over ten yards because they did not want Tannehill to make reads. He did not mention anything about the speed of the WR. Here we have one of the top Free Safeties in football making that comment. He is a guy who would have a pretty good idea of the situation. Whether he knew this from word of mouth, game experience, gameplanning, or game film I do not know. He then said after the Dolphins got down 20-6 they had to open it up. Which is pretty much what happen, and that is really what happens every game, we spend 3 1/2 to 4 quarters dunking and dinking and then when down by more than 7 late we open it up.

In Tannehills post game interview he said that when we got down 20-6 Sherman decided to open it up. That is what we saw, we saw the Dolphins WR going down field and getting open enough that if Tannehill threw a good pass we would of had some completions, Tannehill really blew it on that one drive when we were down 13-6 and he threw 3 out of 4 passes that were terrible passes.. These WR were not getting Jerry Rice or Randy Moss open, but they were open to where Tannehill just had to make a good throw, but he overthrew or threw the ball out of bounds.

I feel the Dolphins management thought we had no hope before the season and that Matt Moore was not going to be the difference in us making the playoffs, so they decided to start the learning process with Tannehill. The Dolphins thanks to their defense has over performed, if the offense could of just been mediocre we would probably be in the playoffs, and the offense starts with the QB. Tannehill was not ready and could of learned on the bench for a season just like Colin. He came in and has been protected like a rookie and has made rookie mistakes. Tannehill's lack of experience was probably the reason we lost the first Jets game, Sherman threw Tannehill under the bus by saying Tannehill audibled a short pass which is all we needed and Tannehill changed it to a long pass. We only needed a FG to win, that is where being a rookie killed us. Against the Bills, Patriots, and 49ers you could see the frustration from Hartline and Bess with all the QB failures. Bess was irate when he had the DB beat by 5 yards and Tannehill threw a 5 yard check down pass.....

I hope its the coaching staff and not Tannehill, if its the coaching staff then that ticks me off because if their going to baby him he should of never been named opening day starter.
    Last edited by Plague; 12-20-2012 at 05:32 AM.

vCash
    several weird coaching decisions for us this year.

we benched Bush when our offense runs through him and the next week dont bench Hartline for the same thing you benched Bush for the week before.

we needed a crucial stop in the New England game and all the defensive stars are on the sideline.

Miller hasnt had crap for playing time but when he is on the field he shows up the other running backs every time.

instead of taking a knee and going in at halftime they have repeatedly injured running backs.

the misuse of timeouts during clock management.

the trading of a #1 WR bc everybody must be a boy scout. now we cant give anyone chances that have similar red flags because it will make Philbin look like a hypocrite and make you wonder why they traded Marshall if they are just getting similar. this leaves no Da'Rick Rodgers, no Tyrann Mathieu and no Jared Cook
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    several weird coaching decisions for us this year.

we benched Bush when our offense runs through him and the next week dont bench Hartline for the same thing you benched Bush for the week before.

we needed a crucial stop in the New England game and all the defensive stars are on the sideline.

Miller hasnt had crap for playing time but when he is on the field he shows up the other running backs every time.

instead of taking a knee and going in at halftime they have repeatedly injured running backs.

the misuse of timeouts during clock management.

the trading of a #1 WR bc everybody must be a boy scout. now we cant give anyone chances that have similar red flags because it will make Philbin look like a hypocrite and make you wonder why they traded Marshall if they are just getting similar. this leaves no Da'Rick Rodgers, no Tyrann Mathieu and no Jared Cook
    I am with you on the coaching decisions. I have liked the new coaching staff better than the old coaching staff, but I have one foot on the bandwagon and one foot off the bandwagon.

The Bush injury really ticked me off, there was no reason for that too happen and after that happen Bush was never the same.

Miller to me looks like he will be a solid RB and I like him a lot better than Thomas. I would be curious to hear from Philbin why he rarely plays him.

vCash
    my only guess is Philbin doesnt want to rush his development when he has quality players like Bush that make it so he doesnt have to but im curious along with you.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    i think philbin is racist, thats y he benched bush for fumbling but not hartline

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast