Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Maybe we should use Reggie Bush as a WR instead of having him on the bench. For a RB he's a great WR. I don't know why we have one of our best play-makers on the bench.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    I can comfortably say our WRs in '07 are easily worse than right now.
    i can comfortably say our WRs in 07 were better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    i can comfortably say our WRs in 07 were better.
    Stop. Ted Ginn jr and Marty Booker are not better than Davone Bess and Brian Hartline. Ted Ginn jr was terrible for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    When it comes to preseason too much is made of how veterans perform. The fans seem to throw away past regular season performance in favor of meaningless preseason performance. Lot of times veterans are working on other things in preseason, on the flip side that might not be the case with Moore who was playing for the starting job.

Tannehill audibled earlier in the season for a long pass when all we needed was a few yards to win the game. He has done well but he is a rookie and thinks like a rookie. Personally I do not like to give up on the season before it even started, and this season is a excellent example, many fans did not even think we would win 4 games and here we are 4-5 and still in the playoff hunt.
    i agree too much is made of how people play in preseason but Moore wasnt a fit for this style of offense from the get go. what i dont understand about this post and other Moore supporters have said it as well is what Moore did for us last season. what did he do for us last season? all he did was prove that he wasnt the answer and never would be and should be a backup in this league for the entirety of his career. ive said it before and ill say it again Henne is a better QB than Moore
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 11-18-2012 at 03:39 PM.

vCash
    I would like to see Tannehill play with a receiving corps like the Falcons have, it would seem that having an elite LT is not all that important. I was on board with the Jake Long pick from day 1 but the Falcons have shown how drafting is done

vCash
    Stop. Ted Ginn jr and Marty Booker are not better than Davone Bess and Brian Hartline. Ted Ginn jr was terrible for us.
    you forget Chris Chambers who is better than both Hartline and Bess and i hate to say it but Ginn is better than Hartline and Bess. think of it like this if Ginn was here right now he would be our #1 again. Bess, Hartline and Ginn were all here at one time and Ginn was the #1
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 11-18-2012 at 03:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nocal_lbm View Post
    I would like to see Tannehill play with a receiving corps like the Falcons have, it would seem that having an elite LT is not all that important. I was on board with the Jake Long pick from day 1 but the Falcons have shown how drafting is done
    Falcons have the best receiving core in the league and the best WR duo in a long time.

vCash
    i agree too much is made of how people play in preseason but Moore wasnt a fit for this style of offense from the get go. what i dont understand about this post and other Moore supporters have said it as well is what Moore did for us last season. what did he do for us last season? all he did was prove that he wasnt the answer and never would be and should be a backup in this league for the entirety of his career.
    I disagree, we were on a roll with Matt Moore at QB. The last 9 games we were 6-3 under Moore, WINS is what its all about. The offense was rolling under Moore, we scored over 30 points in 4 of those games and in 8 of the 9 games we scored 19+. Something to be said about a QB who is willing to sling the ball down field. With Tannehill we have reverted back to the short game which has given us lower scores. We won't know how well Moore would of done over a full season, but he looked pretty good against the Jets, he was doing what we need a QB willing to throw the ball down field. The only time I have seen Tannehill willing to throw the ball down field was halfway through the 3rd QTR against the Bills and he did not do well. He missed Clay on that one pass that may of been a TD if not would of been a chip shot FG instead of the 49 yard miss, and then the last 2 drives when he threw INT.

Tannehill to me so far has looked like Chad Henne, a QB with potential and all the physical tools that has not performed well. The major difference to me is Ryan Tannehill is still a rookie while Chad Henne had three seasons and showed no improvement. People are excited about all the audibles that Tannehill has done and think that is leadership, but are those good audibles? I hear fans blaming the OC for the play calling, how much of that is on Tannehill's audibles? Sherman in a press conference let us know about 1 audible that contributed to us losing. It was a rookie mistake. There was a play that resulted in a sack, they were discussing how the fans blamed Martin for that sack, but they said the real culprit was Tannehill. They said Martin had no chance of making that block and that Tannehill should of recognized it and kept Fasano in to block instead of sending him on a pass route, the play resulted in a sack. These are things us the fans don't see and hear about. We will never know if Moore would of done better, but we know the results under Tannehill has been poor.

vCash
    I disagree, we were on a roll with Matt Moore at QB. The last 9 games we were 6-3 under Moore, WINS is what its all about. The offense was rolling under Moore, we scored over 30 points in 4 of those games and in 8 of the 9 games we scored 19+. Something to be said about a QB who is willing to sling the ball down field. With Tannehill we have reverted back to the short game which has given us lower scores. We won't know how well Moore would of done over a full season, but he looked pretty good against the Jets, he was doing what we need a QB willing to throw the ball down field. The only time I have seen Tannehill willing to throw the ball down field was halfway through the 3rd QTR against the Bills and he did not do well. He missed Clay on that one pass that may of been a TD if not would of been a chip shot FG instead of the 49 yard miss, and then the last 2 drives when he threw INT.

Tannehill to me so far has looked like Chad Henne, a QB with potential and all the physical tools that has not performed well. The major difference to me is Ryan Tannehill is still a rookie while Chad Henne had three seasons and showed no improvement. People are excited about all the audibles that Tannehill has done and think that is leadership, but are those good audibles? I hear fans blaming the OC for the play calling, how much of that is on Tannehill's audibles? Sherman in a press conference let us know about 1 audible that contributed to us losing. It was a rookie mistake. There was a play that resulted in a sack, they were discussing how the fans blamed Martin for that sack, but they said the real culprit was Tannehill. They said Martin had no chance of making that block and that Tannehill should of recognized it and kept Fasano in to block instead of sending him on a pass route, the play resulted in a sack. These are things us the fans don't see and hear about. We will never know if Moore would of done better, but we know the results under Tannehill has been poor.
    Tannehill slings it down the field alot. you say he throws short alot but he has the same mentality as Moore when it comes to going deep. Moore just happened to be the QB at the helm when the rest of the team stepped up last yr against the poorer teams. Moore didnt do squat last yr himself

vCash
    you forget Chris Chambers who is better than both Hartline and Bess and i hate to say it but Ginn is better than Hartline and Bess. think of it like this if Ginn was here right now he would be our #1 again. Bess, Hartline and Ginn were all here at one time and Ginn was the #1
    Chambers was a very good WR however that was the year he was traded to San Diego.

Hartline was a rookie when Ginn was here. That is like saying Ray Alexander was a better WR than Michael Irvin because Ray Alexander was the #1 WR and Michael Irvin was the #2 WR his rookie season.

The Dolphins tried to give Ginn a chance to be the guy as the #1 WR, but after Ginn failed miserably the Dolphins shipped him to the 49ers for a 5th round pick and kept Hartline and Bess instead. Ginn was so bad that the 49ERS who were desperate for WR help could not even give Ginn quality WR time. Ginn was a dolphin experiment that failed miserably and shipped off for a low round draft pick. Who does not remember all the Ginn drops? Ginn at his best was not half as good as Hartline and Bess are now.

vCash
    Tannehill slings it down the field alot. you say he throws short alot but he has the same mentality as Moore when it comes to going deep. Moore just happened to be the QB at the helm when the rest of the team stepped up last yr against the poorer teams. Moore didnt do squat last yr himself
    Tannehill almost never passes it down field. A long pass for Tannehill is 15 yards down field. It kills me watching his constant 4 and 5 yard passes. Against the Bills it took him 3 1/2 quarters and us being down 19-7 before he got away from the dink passing game.

When Moore was at the helm we scored. With Henne and Tannehill we did not score. Something to be said about putting points on the scoreboard.

vCash
    Out of Tanne's completed passes this season, 22 are for 20+ yards, and 3 are for 40+ yards
    My concern watching football this year is everyone goes deep no matter how bad the team is but our team has a constant inability to have even a chance at a deep threat.

vCash
    Chambers was a very good WR however that was the year he was traded to San Diego.

Hartline was a rookie when Ginn was here. That is like saying Ray Alexander was a better WR than Michael Irvin because Ray Alexander was the #1 WR and Michael Irvin was the #2 WR his rookie season.

The Dolphins tried to give Ginn a chance to be the guy as the #1 WR, but after Ginn failed miserably the Dolphins shipped him to the 49ers for a 5th round pick and kept Hartline and Bess instead. Ginn was so bad that the 49ERS who were desperate for WR help could not even give Ginn quality WR time. Ginn was a dolphin experiment that failed miserably and shipped off for a low round draft pick. Who does not remember all the Ginn drops? Ginn at his best was not half as good as Hartline and Bess are now.
    i understand he was a rookie but if Ginn was here now he would be the #1 again on this team and be the deep threat we currently dont have. nobody has used Ginn right but he is no different than Harvin

vCash
    i understand he was a rookie but if Ginn was here now he would be the #1 again on this team and be the deep threat we currently dont have. nobody has used Ginn right but he is no different than Harvin
    Ginn sucked. Every ball thrown to him was a adventure. I still remember the game he lost for us when he dropped a TD pass right in his hands. I understand where you are coming from, you say we need a deep threat to stretch the field and I agree, but the Niners have needed that deep threat for a couple of seasons and they still did not use Ginn at WR. Thats why the 49ers reached for Jenkins this season, they need that stretch WR. We gave Ginn every chance to become that #1 and we finally wrote it off by dumping him on the 9ers. I personally thought we should of kept Ginn as a occasional decoy WR and KR, 5th rounders hardly ever amount to anything and we needed a KR the last couple of seasons.

vCash
    Ginn sucked. Every ball thrown to him was a adventure. I still remember the game he lost for us when he dropped a TD pass right in his hands. I understand where you are coming from, you say we need a deep threat to stretch the field and I agree, but the Niners have needed that deep threat for a couple of seasons and they still did not use Ginn at WR. Thats why the 49ers reached for Jenkins this season, they need that stretch WR. We gave Ginn every chance to become that #1 and we finally wrote it off by dumping him on the 9ers. I personally thought we should of kept Ginn as a occasional decoy WR and KR, 5th rounders hardly ever amount to anything and we needed a KR the last couple of seasons.
    Im not so sure we need a deep threat actually. Hartline is speedy & acrobatic enough when the defense is not sticking a safety on top of him. We need a possession WR that is a large target with good routes. Someone reliable that makes a defense think about putting a safety up the gut to help the slot. We also need some signs of a running game, again to draw the safeties attention. It has been relatively gone since the Cincinnati game and Tannehill carried the team to 2 wins (Cincy & St. Louis) and a decent performance in a loss to the Colts.

Here is another issue, Tannehill likes to roll right, it is known. he cant a lot because Martin is allowing 28 qb hurries in 10 games so rolling right takes a pushed back Martin, who is likely still in front of his man, into a sure sack.

First, the defenses shut down our run game. Next, they barely blitz (Tennesee did 25%, and Buffalo did 9%). Then, they shut down our deep game by playing mostly dual high safety cover 2 schemes. With no blitzing, run game being stopped because the O-line is being beat in the trench, and 2 high safeties all the time, tell me, what can we do other than go short?

Here are the percentage of plays teams have blitzed us:
    Hou, 50%
    Oak, 48%
    Jets, 38%
    Ari, 62%
    Cin, 35%
    StL, 44%
    Jets, 46%
    Colts, 42.5%
    Titans, 25%
    Bills, 9%
    Last edited by DusG1988; 11-19-2012 at 02:05 AM.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast