Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 231
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    387
    vCash
    1500
    the Byrd interception? I haven't seen less ball skills from a WR since a Tedd Ginn.

    god bless Bess but he was closest to the ball, a real WR would have tracked that ball not let it graze his helmet

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    4,217
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by godolphins View Post
    Omar, is that you?

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    4,217
    vCash
    1500
    Tanny may have a higher ceiling than Henne, but right now he is playing like Henne.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,123
    vCash
    1500
    1)Luck/RG3
    2)Russell Wilson












    3.)Tannehill

    he has the potential to be better-this is a rookie slump now he has to pull himself out of it

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    13,147
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by godolphins View Post
    Tannehill isn't having a better year than Wilson. Wilson has a 90.5 QB rating with 15 TD and 8 INT's. And Wilson has showned us that he can make plays when the game is on the line unlike Tannehill.
    Wilson hasnt shown that he can make plays when the game is on the line his WRs have. the reason some people dont like Dalton or Stafford is the reason Wilson has been good. he just tosses it up there for his receivers to outjump. i do like Dalton though and believe the way people view him is not accurate of how great a QB he is. Wilson also doesnt have an oline that wants to kill him. if Tanny had that line and his weapons and that defense we would be in the running for the division

    i believe Tannehill is having a better yr than Wilson
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 11-16-2012 at 03:42 PM.
    Take Notes Rook

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,158
    vCash
    1500
    I was one of the fans not happy at all about the Dolphins picking Tannehill at #8 in the draft. But then Tannehill showed he was the right choice...in some games. I believe the lack of experience at the QB position, along with WR's that have a hard time getting separation and a struggling offensive line...is making everything look horrible. Tannehill is definetaly just as much to blame as the rest of the offense, but at the same time, everyone must remember Tannehill is a rookie. He is going to have these types of games, it comes with learning in the NFL.

    Now as far as the defense, I'll give them a free pass...other then the secondary. With the offense not able to sustain drives, the defense is tiring. I believe that is why the rush defense is getting worse and they are not able to rush the QB effectively. Once the offense is able to get it together, everything should fall into place. But if you expect this to happen this year your going to be dissapointed. I see this team not being competitive for at least another year or two...until all the right "system players" are brought in.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,923
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Wilson hasnt shown that he can make plays when the game is on the line his WRs have. the reason some people dont like Dalton or Stafford is the reason Wilson has been good. he just tosses it up there for his receivers to outjump. i do like Dalton though and believe the way people view him is not accurate of how great a QB he is. Wilson also doesnt have an oline that wants to kill him. if Tanny had that line and his weapons and that defense we would be in the running for the division

    i believe Tannehill is having a better yr than Wilson
    Dolphins have been sacked 21 times and the Seahawks have been sacked 19 times and the league average is 20.6...The offensive line has done ok in pass blocking.

    People act like other teams in the league pass block with no problem that no one gets sacked but us.

    Sidney Rice and Golden Tate are weapons?

    You can give credit to whoever you want but when the game has been on the line Wilson has found a way to bring his team to victory, something Tannehill has not done yet and something Tannehill struggled to do in college.
    Last edited by Plague; 11-16-2012 at 06:14 PM.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    13 Inches From The Sun
    Posts
    975
    vCash
    1500
    Under Pressure: Short and Long Sacks by J.J. Cooper

    Cam Newton has been sacked 24 times this year, as the Panthers’ 7.7 percent Adjusted Sack Rate ranks 24th in the league. But please don’t point fingers at Jordan Gross and the rest of the Panthers’ offensive line -- it really hasn’t been their fault. Newton’s legs create plenty of big plays and buy lots of time, but in logging the time of every sack this year, it’s also apparent that his decision to hold the ball frequently is leading to a lot of sacks that aren't really the line’s fault.

    It’s not a perfect measure, but quick sacks (those that occur in 2.4 seconds or less) are almost always a function of either a poor block or a mistake that left a blocker untouched. With the exception of blitzes that force a quarterback into a hot read, the quick sack is usually not the quarterback’s fault. Newton has only two quick sacks all season (0.7% of dropbacks), which ranks ninth-best in the league. Among regular starters, Newton’s short sack percentage is third-best in the league
    Short Sacks Through Week 10
    TEAM QB Sacked Short Sacks Pct Rk TEAM QB Sacked Short Sacks Pct Rk
    KC Brady Quinn 0 0.0% 1 DEN Peyton Manning 5 1.5% 22
    PHI Nick Foles 0 0.0% 1 PIT Ben Roethlisberger 5 1.5% 23
    MIA Matt Moore 0 0.0% 1 BUF Ryan Fitzpatrick 5 1.6% 24
    WAS Kirk Cousins 0 0.0% 1 ATL Matt Ryan 6 1.6% 25
    NYJ Tim Tebow 0 0.0% 1 GB Aaron Rodgers 6 1.7% 26
    NYG David Carr 0 0.0% 1 HOU Matt Schaub 5 1.7% 27
    NYG Eli Manning 1 0.3% 7 MIN Christian Ponder 6 1.8% 28
    CIN Andy Dalton 2 0.6% 8 OAK Carson Palmer 7 1.8% 29
    CAR Cam Newton 2 0.7% 9 SEA Russell Wilson 5 1.8% 30
    DET Matt Stafford 3 0.7% 10 SD Philip Rivers 6 1.9% 31
    TEN Jake Locker 1 0.8% 11 NO Drew Brees 8 2.1% 32
    NE Tom Brady 3 0.8% 12 DAL Tony Romo 8 2.2% 33
    SF Alex Smith 2 0.8% 13 STL Sam Bradford 7 2.2% 34
    TB Josh Freeman 3 1.0% 14 WAS Robert Griffin III 7 2.5% 35
    CHI Jay Cutler 3 1.1% 15 NYJ Mark Sanchez 8 2.5% 36
    CLE Brandon Weeden 4 1.1% 16 ARI John Skelton 5 2.7% 37
    BAL Joe Flacco 4 1.2% 17 MIA Ryan Tannehill 8 2.7% 38
    TEN Matt Hasselbeck 3 1.3% 18 PHI Michael Vick 10 2.9% 39
    IND Andrew Luck 5 1.3% 19 ARI Kevin Kolb 11 5.2% 40
    JAC Blaine Gabbert 4 1.3% 20 JAC Chad Henne 3 7.1% 41
    KC Matt Cassel 4 1.4% 21

    But when you look at long sacks (those of three seconds or longer), there are few who pick up more sacks than Newton by holding the ball for a tick or two after the internal alarm clock in his head starts screaming "throw the ball now." In looking back at Newton’s long sacks, one trend pops out: tackle Byron Bell is competent enough to generally block his man for three seconds or so, but after that, all bets are off. By my count, Bell has allowed only one sack this season that can truly be called his fault, but there are three "long sacks" where his man eventually got free to sack Newton.

    Newton isn’t the only young quarterback who has a dramatic discrepancy between his short sacks and long sacks. Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton generally has plenty of time to throw -- he has only two short sacks this year. But Dalton has taken 16 long sacks after having only 10 long sacks in his entire rookie season.

    Long Sacks Through Week 10
    TEAM QB Sacked Long Sacks Pct Rk TEAM QB Sacked Long Sacks Pct Rk
    TEN Jake Locker 0 0.0% 1 PHI Nick Foles 1 2.9% 22
    DEN Peyton Manning 3 0.9% 2 DET Matthew Stafford 12 3.0% 23
    MIA Ryan Tannehill 3 1.0% 3 KC Matt Cassel 9 3.2% 24
    OAK Carson Palmer 4 1.0% 4 MIN Christian Ponder 11 3.2% 25
    NO Drew Brees 4 1.0% 5 JAC Blaine Gabbert 10 3.4% 26
    HOU Matt Schaub 3 1.0% 6 SD Philip Rivers 11 3.4% 27
    DAL Tony Romo 4 1.1% 7 STL Sam Bradford 11 3.5% 28
    TEN Matt Hasselbeck 3 1.3% 8 WAS Robert Griffin III 10 3.5% 29
    NYG Eli Manning 7 1.9% 9 SEA Russell Wilson 10 3.7% 30
    ATL Matt Ryan 7 1.9% 10 PHI Michael Vick 13 3.8% 31
    CLE Brandon Weeden 7 2.0% 11 ARI Kevin Kolb 8 3.8% 32
    NE Tom Brady 8 2.1% 12 GB Aaron Rodgers 15 4.2% 33
    KC Brady Quinn 1 2.2% 13 CAR Cam Newton 14 4.7% 34
    BUF Ryan Fitzpatrick 7 2.3% 14 CIN Andy Dalton 16 4.7% 35
    JAC Chad Henne 1 2.4% 15 MIA Matt Moore 1 4.8% 36
    BAL Joe Flacco 8 2.4% 16 CHI Jay Cutler 16 5.7% 37
    TB Josh Freeman 7 2.4% 17 SF Alex Smith 16 6.6% 38
    NYJ Mark Sanchez 8 2.5% 18 WAS Kirk Cousins 1 10.0% 39
    ARI John Skelton 5 2.7% 19 NYJ Tim Tebow 1 14.3% 40
    PIT Ben Roethlisberger 9 2.7% 20 NYG David Carr 1 33.3% 41
    IND Andrew Luck 11 2.9% 21

    Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill’s lack of long sacks is surprising. Generally, quarterbacks with mobility are more likely to get a long sack because they are more likely to buy time by scrambling. Jake Locker’s zero long sacks would appear to be even more impressive, but since I've been logging sacks for three-and-a-half years now, it’s hard to not notice that it may be a function of the Titans scheme. With the exception of Vince Young, no Titans quarterback in the past four years has picked up many long sacks. Kerry Collins had five long sacks in 508 dropbacks from 2009-2010 (1 percent), and Locker and Matt Hasselbeck combined to pick up six long sacks in 608 dropbacks last year (again, 1 percent).
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/und...and-long-sacks

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,923
    vCash
    1500
    Tannehill plays more like a traditional QB, I don't notice him scrambling or using his speed, that is not a complaint just a observation.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    13,147
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Dolphins have been sacked 21 times and the Seahawks have been sacked 19 times and the league average is 20.6...The offensive line has done ok in pass blocking.

    People act like other teams in the league pass block with no problem that no one gets sacked but us.

    Sidney Rice and Golden Tate are weapons?

    You can give credit to whoever you want but when the game has been on the line Wilson has found a way to bring his team to victory, something Tannehill has not done yet and something Tannehill struggled to do in college.
    idk if you have noticed but Miami has the worst WR core in the NFL and in my opinion the worst WR core in the history of the NFL.

    Sidney Rice is by far better than any WR we have.

    Seattle also has a 1000 yard rusher already in Lynch something we dont have that helps Wilson out

    Seattle has a top defense something we dont have and something that allows them to never panic and go against their game plan

    when the game is on the line Tannehill has yet to bring this team to victory bc he doesnt have the WR help to do so. he didnt have it in college neither though Ryan Swope just had a game for the ages and probably the best game of his career against Alabama
    Take Notes Rook

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,923
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    idk if you have noticed but Miami has the worst WR core in the NFL and in my opinion the worst WR core in the history of the NFL.

    Sidney Rice is by far better than any WR we have.

    Seattle also has a 1000 yard rusher already in Lynch something we dont have that helps Wilson out

    Seattle has a top defense something we dont have and something that allows them to never panic and go against their game plan

    when the game is on the line Tannehill has yet to bring this team to victory bc he doesnt have the WR help to do so. he didnt have it in college neither though Ryan Swope just had a game for the ages and probably the best game of his career against Alabama
    You obviously have not watched much football. I have seen a lot more worst WR staff than the Dolphins. Bess and Hartline would of both been the best WR on the 76 and 77 Tampa Bay Bucs team, to even put the Dolphins WR staff among the worst ever is a joke. Tampa Bay Bucs in 76 did not even have a 400 yard WR, they went through so many WR because they all sucked. 78 Chiefs teams WR was horrible, they only had 1 WR on the team that caught 10 or more passes.

    We had a top defense until 2 weeks ago. The defense was what was keeping us in many games. The Dolphins have only scored above the league average in 2 games this season. Since the BYE there has not really been a bright spot on offense.

    I will save my final judgement for Tannehill in his third season, he has a lot that I like about him, but so did Henne. Even though I like his potential and I think he has performed better than I expect I have some concerns from what I have seen and I want to see if this is a long term problem or a rookie problem.
    Last edited by Plague; 11-18-2012 at 01:18 AM.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pompano
    Posts
    62
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Luck looked pretty amazing against us, I have not seen Tannehill look that good in any of the games we played.
    Heres the issue tho, Luck should have had 2 interceptions in that game (Smith & Dansby totally had bad drops on both). Tannehill had a game that was 2 yards off of that in ARI. Tannehill did have 2 interceptions in that game BUT 1 was a Hartline fall down and the other he was hit as thrown. So we have seen the same caliber game from Tannehill, it is just Luck was... luckier.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    13,147
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    You obviously have not watched much football. I have seen a lot more worst WR staff than the Dolphins. Bess and Hartline would of both been the best WR on the 76 and 77 Tampa Bay Bucs team, to even put the Dolphins WR staff among the worst ever is a joke. Tampa Bay Bucs in 76 did not even have a 400 yard WR, they went through so many WR because they all sucked. 78 Chiefs teams WR was horrible, they only had 1 WR on the team that caught 10 or more passes.

    We had a top defense until 2 weeks ago. The defense was what was keeping us in many games. The Dolphins have only scored above the league average in 2 games this season. Since the BYE there has not really been a bright spot on offense.

    I will save my final judgement for Tannehill in his third season, he has a lot that I like about him, but so did Henne. Even though I like his potential and I think he has performed better than I expect I have some concerns from what I have seen and I want to see if this is a long term problem or a rookie problem.
    sorry im not as old as you so i never watched football in the 70s. we never had a top defense. the only bright spot on offense has been Tannehill which was expected.
    Take Notes Rook

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,923
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    sorry im not as old as you so i never watched football in the 70s. we never had a top defense. the only bright spot on offense has been Tannehill which was expected.
    If you are going to use the "sorry I am not as old as you excuse" then don't claim the WR staff is the worst in the history of the NFL. You make a claim and then you come across like you have no clue what you are talking about. Just say they are the worst WR staff you have seen play, because I have seen a lot worst.

    We had the 5th ranked defense going into the Colts game I would call that a top ranked defense.

    Tannehill has been a bright spot in potential but not in results. When the game has been on the line he performed poorly. On the winning drives against the Colts, Bills X3, Jets, and Cardinals he looked bad in all 4 of those games, Jets game only because he did a poor audible. We did not score in the 4th quarter of the Rams or the Bengals so there was no clutch situation. Only 4 teams have thrown more INT than him.

    This is how bad our offense has been and its been a team effort. Only 4 teams have thrown more INT than us, only 4 teams have lost more fumbles than us, and we are 4th in the league in punts. It does not get more pathetic than that.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,218
    vCash
    1500
    I can comfortably say our WRs in '07 are easily worse than right now.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •