Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I saw a poll a few years ago that was done for each team, and 31 of the 32 teams fans polled said their offensive line was poor . Every teams fans thinks their offensive line sucks. I keep seeing people complain we don't have a pass rush and we can't pass block. Our defense is 12th in the league sacks and our offense is 13th in the league in how few sacks we have given up, that is above average in both categories. Since Tannehill takes blame for nothing and gets credit for everything I am sure Dolphin fans will give all the credit to Tannehill for the lack of sacks. I have watched all the Dolphin games and enough of other teams games to where I feel the Dolphins line is blocking better than half the teams in the league.

We are missing a critical speed WR, and I also feel we are missing that pass catching TE, I am not a Fasano fan. However Bess and Hartline are excellent WR, they run great routes and Hartline finds ways to get behind the secondary. When I saw Moore winging the ball down the field for 3 1/2 quarters I kept wondering if Tannehill was just a better more talented version of Chad Henne including the choking of close games. People are also complaining about the play calling, how much of that is also on Tannehill changing at the line? He seems to audible often, and people are giving him great credit for the ability to audible, but they do not want to place blame for the fact that he may be making bad audibles. I personally like to give 3 seasons to a QB before coming to a full opinion, but these are things I am noticing in his first season and hope they will be corrected.

One thing I will say is if next season we do get that speed WR and Tannehill continues to dink all his passes I hope Dolphin fans get off his nuts.

P.S-I do think Tannehill has all the physical tools and he is playing better than what I expected from him this season. I just listed my concerns. I was concerned about a couple other things this season but they do not seem to be a major problem. I am still concerned about his ability for the game winning drive to end the game, but its still a little early to make that decision.
    I'm not giving Tannehill a free pass, because I know he is making mistakes...he's a rookie. Bess and Hartline being possession WR's are not going to stretch the field, so everything becomes bunched together making passing windows smaller. If we had some speed receivers like Mike Wallace, DeSean Jackson for example...I believe Tanny would be much more successful. Brian Hartline and Bess may run great routes, but against top CB's they become non existant because they lack speed. What top rated CB's have Bess and Hartline light up this year? None!!! The offensive line is an issue, blocking is horrible. They kill drives with holding calls, because they are being beaten at the line of scrimmage, which comes from ineffective blocking. The Dolphins just don't have the playmakers and speed, and that is killing them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kendawg73 View Post
    I'm not giving Tannehill a free pass, because I know he is making mistakes...he's a rookie. Bess and Hartline being possession WR's are not going to stretch the field, so everything becomes bunched together making passing windows smaller. If we had some speed receivers like Mike Wallace, DeSean Jackson for example...I believe Tanny would be much more successful. Brian Hartline and Bess may run great routes, but against top CB's they become non existant because they lack speed. What top rated CB's have Bess and Hartline light up this year? None!!! The offensive line is an issue, blocking is horrible. They kill drives with holding calls, because they are being beaten at the line of scrimmage, which comes from ineffective blocking. The Dolphins just don't have the playmakers and speed, and that is killing them.
    I agree we need a speed WR, I have been on the we need a speed WR and a receiving TE for a couple of years. My issue with the ball not going downfield was the little I watched Matt Moore play this season and saw him winging it downfield quite a bit. I am not saying Tannehill would not throw the ball downfield if we had a real speed threat, but its something that sticks in the back of my mind that he may be a dink passer.

The Miami Dolphins have 9 offensive holding calls this season. Looking at the numbers the league average is probably between 8 and 9. The Dolphins offensive line is not holding any more than your average team.

vCash
    OmarKelly
    After nine starts Chad Henne completed 57.8 percent of his passes for 1,755 yards. He threw 9 TDs, 7 Ints and was sacked 17 times. 78.8 QBR

After 9 starts Ryan Tannehill is completing 58.9 percent of his passes for 1,979 yards. He's thrown 5 TDs, 9 Ints. Sacked 17 times. 73.2 QBR
    Still view Tannehill's ceiling higher, but we need to stop crowing him and let things play out.

vCash
    I agree lets worry about the Bills this weekend.

I also agree Tannehill has a higher ceiling than Henne, but Henne also had the physical tools he just could not get the job done. We will see where Tannehill is after about 2 seasons.

vCash
    I think Moore is better right now. Tannehill isnt in the class of RG3 or Luck

The Future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieB23Ricky View Post
    I think Moore is better right now. Tannehill isnt in the class of RG3 or Luck
    this guy lol. no where to be seen when we are winning and tanny is playing well, but shows up after a loss and a bad game from tannehill.

vCash
    i still think hes in the same level as luck nd rg3 dont forget this is only his 2 in a half year playin QB which is incredible of the progress hes made nd luck nd rg3 will be having terrible games like tannehill has had
    Players MIAMI Missed On That I Suggested To Draft But didnt

Navarro Bowman
    Sean Lee
    Stefen Wisniewski
    Luke Kuechly
    Russell Wilson
    Janoris Jenkins
    Mychal Kendricks
    Larry Warford
    Marcus Lattimore
    Vontaze Burfict
    Jason Demache (only cause same hometown)

Players I HOPE we Draft

Erik Lora WR
    Terrence West RB
    Shane Skov MLB
    Taylor Lewan OT
    Ra'Shede Hagemon DT
    Darqueze Dennard CB

vCash
    Luck looked pretty amazing against us, I have not seen Tannehill look that good in any of the games we played.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Luck looked pretty amazing against us, I have not seen Tannehill look that good in any of the games we played.
    Did you also see his recievers getting wide open? Did you also see our defense unable to puut any pressure on Luck? Did you also see the wide open lanes for Luck to run away from pressure. I think if we swapped QB's before the game we would have been talking about how Luck is not in the same league as Tannehill and RG3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabmeone2 View Post
    Did you also see his recievers getting wide open? Did you also see our defense unable to puut any pressure on Luck? Did you also see the wide open lanes for Luck to run away from pressure. I think if we swapped QB's before the game we would have been talking about how Luck is not in the same league as Tannehill and RG3.
    What I saw was a QB who when he had no pressure waited like a veteran and scouted the whole field waiting for a WR to get open. I have not seen that very much from Tannehill. Tannehill usually makes quick decisions, but they are almost always dink decisions, its almost like Tannehill's gameplan is I am going to throw the ball to the first guy who is open 5 yards down field. When Moore was QB against the Jets he gave the WR time and waited until the last second to make a play and it resulted in some passes down field. When we did get pressure on Luck he was constantly burning us. It was pretty much damned if we did blitz Luck damned if we don't blitz Luck.

vCash
    For this year, I have it rated-

1: RG3
    2: Luck
    3: Tannehill

For the years to come and overall careers, I have-

1: Luck
    2: RG3

RG3 will have a shorter career though and Tannehill will probably have better overall statistics by the time he retires. He is definitely better than Weeden and Wilson.

vCash
    Edit

Machine Gun Kelly!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    For this year, I have it rated-

1: RG3
    2: Luck

For the years to come and overall careers, I have-

1: Luck
    2: RG3

RG3 will have a shorter career though and Tannehill will probably have better overall statistics by the time he retires. He is definitely better than Weeden and Wilson.
    Tannehill isn't having a better year than Wilson. Wilson has a 90.5 QB rating with 15 TD and 8 INT's. And Wilson has showned us that he can make plays when the game is on the line unlike Tannehill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambit1 View Post
    i still think hes in the same level as luck nd rg3 dont forget this is only his 2 in a half year playin QB which is incredible of the progress hes made nd luck nd rg3 will be having terrible games like tannehill has had
    Tannehill was a QB in college. He was moved to WR.

I want to believe that Tannehill will be great because he's looked good at points. But he also needs to get some kills before he's the franchise. He's clearly not ready to carry the team by himself yet.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Tannehill was a QB in college. He was moved to WR.

I want to believe that Tannehill will be great because he's looked good at points. But he also needs to get some kills before he's the franchise. He's clearly not ready to carry the team by himself yet.
    Omar, is that you?

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast