Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 231
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    50
    vCash
    1500
    Sorry guys but,
    M. Moore > R. Tannehill

    Should have went with M. Barron / Wilson or Foles or Kaepernick instead of Tanny and Egnew.
    He, like Weeden, aren't even close to compete at NFL level. Put any other coaches on the sideline and the Dolphins better off with Moore.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    15,247
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Drevenger View Post
    Sorry guys but,
    M. Moore > R. Tannehill

    Should have went with M. Barron / Wilson or Foles or Kaepernick instead of Tanny and Egnew.
    He, like Weeden, aren't even close to compete at NFL level. Put any other coaches on the sideline and the Dolphins better off with Moore.
    Was Tannehill that bad?

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    19,792
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Drevenger View Post
    Sorry guys but,
    M. Moore > R. Tannehill

    Should have went with M. Barron / Wilson or Foles or Kaepernick instead of Tanny and Egnew.
    He, like Weeden, aren't even close to compete at NFL level. Put any other coaches on the sideline and the Dolphins better off with Moore.
    You need to watch much more football there bud.

    Tannehill has shown aton of promise, and was the most raw of any of the QBs coming into the league. He had a bad game, it happens. His ceiling is very high.

    You also know that Kaepernick was drafted two seasons ago, right?

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,889
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by godolphins View Post
    Was Tannehill that bad?
    He did not look terrible, it however was not one of his better games. He threw 3 INT which did not go over well with me. It was probably his worst game since game 4 of the season, but this loss was a team effort, a lot of blame to go around for a 37-3 loss.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,889
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    You need to watch much more football there bud.

    Tannehill has shown aton of promise, and was the most raw of any of the QBs coming into the league. He had a bad game, it happens. His ceiling is very high.

    You also know that Kaepernick was drafted two seasons ago, right?
    I am going to agree with a lot of what you said. My only question is whether Matt Moore would of been better(for this season) to start this season compared to Ryan Tannehill. The announcers even said that Locker said he learned a lot the last few weeks on the sidelines watching Hasselbeck quarterback. This idea that a QB can only learn playing is a bunch of crap.

    Tannehill has played much better this season than I expected, but Tannehill did struggle the 1st four weeks of the season and we lost a few close games in that time period. While I like what I have seen from Tannehill I would not sell the ranch on him yet, I have a few concerns about him and its really hard to tell about a QB from just his rookie season. Bradford to me looked really good his rookie season, I am not impressed by him since then.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    53,863
    vCash
    1503
    there is no substitue for experience

    this season was always to get tanny's feet wet. we started overachieving and the expectations got higher than they should have been

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    19,792
    vCash
    1200
    Oh I always wanted to start Moore and let Tannehill ride the bench but Moore just could not run this offence and Tannehill could. Moore was terrible in presason at the helm and kinda made it an easy choice.

    I also feel Tannehill has been given too much free rain in running the O, he makes ATON of audibles presnap. Some good but alot of bad as well. Like today we had a 3rd and 1 in like the 2nd Q and it looked like a called run in which Tannehill checked out to a pass play with was incomplete. I think this no hurdle is a bit much for him in his first season, I think we need to slow things do a bit.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,889
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Oh I always wanted to start Moore and let Tannehill ride the bench but Moore just could not run this offence and Tannehill could. Moore was terrible in presason at the helm and kinda made it an easy choice.

    I also feel Tannehill has been given too much free rain in running the O, he makes ATON of audibles presnap. Some good but alot of bad as well. Like today we had a 3rd and 1 in like the 2nd Q and it looked like a called run in which Tannehill checked out to a pass play with was incomplete. I think this no hurdle is a bit much for him in his first season, I think we need to slow things do a bit.
    When it comes to preseason too much is made of how veterans perform. The fans seem to throw away past regular season performance in favor of meaningless preseason performance. Lot of times veterans are working on other things in preseason, on the flip side that might not be the case with Moore who was playing for the starting job.

    Tannehill audibled earlier in the season for a long pass when all we needed was a few yards to win the game. He has done well but he is a rookie and thinks like a rookie. Personally I do not like to give up on the season before it even started, and this season is a excellent example, many fans did not even think we would win 4 games and here we are 4-5 and still in the playoff hunt.
    Last edited by Plague; 11-12-2012 at 12:29 AM.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,658
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Drevenger View Post
    Sorry guys but,
    M. Moore > R. Tannehill

    Should have went with M. Barron / Wilson or Foles or Kaepernick instead of Tanny and Egnew.
    He, like Weeden, aren't even close to compete at NFL level. Put any other coaches on the sideline and the Dolphins better off with Moore.
    Chill out.
    Players have bad games, it happens. Especially in your rookie season.

    2012(3) Football Season. Bring It. (Let's Go.)

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,158
    vCash
    1500
    I honestly think if Tannehill had better weapons...WR's that could get seperation and a TE that fits the WCO he would be much better. If you watch all his games, he has very small windows to get the ball into his receivers. When his receivers have seperation, he rarely misses. Tannehill is doing a very good job at QB, the Dolphins just need better playmakers. It doesn't help that the run game is non existent and the OL is playing like crap. The blocking is horrible, and when they do give him time...someone is being penalized for holding. So factor in no seperation from the WR's and terrible OL play... No QB could succeed.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,889
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kendawg73 View Post
    I honestly think if Tannehill had better weapons...WR's that could get seperation and a TE that fits the WCO he would be much better. If you watch all his games, he has very small windows to get the ball into his receivers. When his receivers have seperation, he rarely misses. Tannehill is doing a very good job at QB, the Dolphins just need better playmakers. It doesn't help that the run game is non existent and the OL is playing like crap. The blocking is horrible, and when they do give him time...someone is being penalized for holding. So factor in no seperation from the WR's and terrible OL play... No QB could succeed.
    I saw a poll a few years ago that was done for each team, and 31 of the 32 teams fans polled said their offensive line was poor . Every teams fans thinks their offensive line sucks. I keep seeing people complain we don't have a pass rush and we can't pass block. Our defense is 12th in the league sacks and our offense is 13th in the league in how few sacks we have given up, that is above average in both categories. Since Tannehill takes blame for nothing and gets credit for everything I am sure Dolphin fans will give all the credit to Tannehill for the lack of sacks. I have watched all the Dolphin games and enough of other teams games to where I feel the Dolphins line is blocking better than half the teams in the league.

    We are missing a critical speed WR, and I also feel we are missing that pass catching TE, I am not a Fasano fan. However Bess and Hartline are excellent WR, they run great routes and Hartline finds ways to get behind the secondary. When I saw Moore winging the ball down the field for 3 1/2 quarters I kept wondering if Tannehill was just a better more talented version of Chad Henne including the choking of close games. People are also complaining about the play calling, how much of that is also on Tannehill changing at the line? He seems to audible often, and people are giving him great credit for the ability to audible, but they do not want to place blame for the fact that he may be making bad audibles. I personally like to give 3 seasons to a QB before coming to a full opinion, but these are things I am noticing in his first season and hope they will be corrected.

    One thing I will say is if next season we do get that speed WR and Tannehill continues to dink all his passes I hope Dolphin fans get off his nuts.

    P.S-I do think Tannehill has all the physical tools and he is playing better than what I expected from him this season. I just listed my concerns. I was concerned about a couple other things this season but they do not seem to be a major problem. I am still concerned about his ability for the game winning drive to end the game, but its still a little early to make that decision.
    Last edited by Plague; 11-12-2012 at 03:42 AM.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,350
    vCash
    1500
    The biggest concern i have with Tanne, is that his INT to TD Ratio is now almost double, and the disconcerning part of that is these are not happening on deep passes they are check down throws. We need to stretch the feild, however Ireland the genius he was got rid of Marshall and then we got rid of Ocho

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    454
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigtuna View Post
    The biggest concern i have with Tanne, is that his INT to TD Ratio is now almost double, and the disconcerning part of that is these are not happening on deep passes they are check down throws. We need to stretch the feild, however Ireland the genius he was got rid of Marshall and then we got rid of Ocho
    Marshall and/or Ocho would not have stretched the field for Tanny. They are both possession style receivers. We would have still had noone stretching the field for us. We don't even have a decoy on the team that can play WR and act as that speed guy.
    The glorious days of Teddy Ginn and his family are gone

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,934
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Drevenger View Post
    Sorry guys but,
    M. Moore > R. Tannehill

    Should have went with M. Barron / Wilson or Foles or Kaepernick instead of Tanny and Egnew.
    He, like Weeden, aren't even close to compete at NFL level. Put any other coaches on the sideline and the Dolphins better off with Moore.
    Guys hes new here, give him a break
    Head of the Bandwagon to make tunnicliffderek the Miami Dolphins Manager, Guaranteeing us another 72' season

    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    i would trade our first,our 1st next yr and cam wake for aj green.Locker isnt a project hed start day one
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    i think cutler is worth 2 1st rounders and a 3rd thats just me though

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,934
    vCash
    1500
    No running game puts way to much pressure on Tanny, give the kid a break.
    Head of the Bandwagon to make tunnicliffderek the Miami Dolphins Manager, Guaranteeing us another 72' season

    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    i would trade our first,our 1st next yr and cam wake for aj green.Locker isnt a project hed start day one
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    i think cutler is worth 2 1st rounders and a 3rd thats just me though

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •