Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    im fine with him playing under the radar. I will say, after the draft when we put some weapons around tanny, look the F out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    Going to sound like a Zombie, but Tannethrill would produce better than Luck & Griffin if he had the same supporting cast, I think Tannethrill is ether than Luck - right now - and would look better than Griffin if he had a better supporting cast, however, Tannethrill will be overlooked until this team becomes successful because a) it's Miami, b) Griffin is flashier, c) Griffin is more athletically gifted and versatile, d) Luck is the 'Second Coming' of every single great QB combined, e) Luck is also going to get more attention because of who he replaced.

I think he's better than Luck and Griffin, definitely going forward I love his potential, especially if Sherman - and Philwin - hang(s) around and him, or the team, doesnt sustain any major injuries.
    i think he is better then Luck but i never liked Luck

keep in mind RG3 hasnt had Garcon for a few games. Griffin's only problem i see so far is protecting the ball when he runs

i do not believe the whole RG3 wont last a whole season bc of the way he plays bit. he is one of the toughest QB ive ever seen play.

even though i wanted Tannehill to start at QB for us from the get go of training camp he has performed alot better then i expected. he seems to be very confident on the field and not get rattled. def can take a hit as he has taken some huge ones already. can make all the throws. runs only when its there. takes what the defense gives him and is a quick learner. he was missing Bush as his outlet early but used him alot in the last game when it was there. is quick with his decision making when it comes to where he is going with the ball. he doesnt wait long before the ball is out of his hands. idk thats my impression of him so far. what i like about him more then RG3 is he doesnt seem to take himself too seriously if that makes sense

looking back now im glad they didnt trade up for RG3 bc we have a QB. wether he is better then RG3 or not is yet to be seen but he is def no slouch and is a student of the game and could very well end up better and we saved a whole bunch of draft picks
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 10-17-2012 at 01:48 AM.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    The beauty with Tannethrill is that while many players have had success as rookies, most of them already had good players (WRs/TEs) around them and then regressed while still having those players, Tannethrill is more likely to get better weapons, so I believe the chances of him regressing are much lower as he's goingto have better talent around him.

vCash
    yea and thats what makes the future promising and makes me think that Tannehill may actually be the best Qb of his draft class. im quite shocked at how well we are able to move the ball with the weapons we have and its all bc of him
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post

keep in mind RG3 hasnt had Garcon for a few games. Griffin's only problem i see so far is protecting the ball when he runs

i do not believe the whole RG3 wont last a whole season bc of the way he plays bit. he is one of the toughest QB ive ever seen play.

even though i wanted Tannehill to start at QB for us from the get go of training camp he has performed alot better then i expected. he seems to be very confident on the field and not get rattled. def can take a hit as he has taken some huge ones already. can make all the throws. runs only when its there. takes what the defense gives him and is a quick learner. he was missing Bush as his outlet early but used him alot in the last game when it was there. is quick with his decision making when it comes to where he is going with the ball. he doesnt wait long before the ball is out of his hands. idk thats my impression of him so far. what i like about him more then RG3 is he doesnt seem to take himself too seriously if that makes sense

looking back now im glad they didnt trade up for RG3 bc we have a QB. wether he is better then RG3 or not is yet to be seen but he is def no slouch and is a student of the game and could very well end up better and we saved a whole bunch of draft picks

well said

vCash
    To be honest, I wanted Luck. Then RG3, then Luck then RG3 and then Luck again.

I new we needed a QB but wasn't confident in what we're getting with Tannehill. I also thought he shouldn't start day one.

Then there was the contract hold out. He was showing good signs during rookie camp but didn't look so hot initially in camp.

Then he won the starting job after Garrard went down because Matt Moore didn't seem comfortable in the new offense.

Then there was the first game where he threw a few INTs at the end of the 1st half. We got demolished by the Texans, things didn't look great. I had to remind myself, it's just the first game.

Then we came out and beat the Raiders soundly. Most in part to Bush but Tanny showed he can manage the game and not turn the ball over.

The next two games were OT losses to a couple of decent teams. Mostly in part to Carpenter not hitting the FGs when we needed them. Tanny showed moxie and grit and improvement in these two efforts. Especially in the Cards game, he showed he can throw the ball around.

Then we came and won two close games against the Bengals and Rams. Both were close games but again Tanny has shown that he is learning from game to game. This coaching staff doesn't have to a do a lot of things to hide QB inefficiencies.

The exciting part of this is that Tanny is a QB with only 19 college starts because Texas A & M needed WRs and Tanny took one for the team and played the position. Tanny is able to do what he is doing with limited experience, imagine when he hits his "QB peak". Things are definitely look better than in previous years but we still got 10 games to go and see how Tanny continues to show steady improvement.

Can't wait for when he's has a 6TD game like Aaron Rogers.

vCash
    I truly believe that Luck and RG3 were the better prospects in the draft class, no doubt about it. Luck has that rare talent and game management that you don't find very often. RG3 I think is not going to live up to the hype machine he was placed in, but will still be good. Both were better prospects than Tannehill.

But I believe that Tannehill will have the better career than both. I don't think RG3 will win the SB ever. And I do believe he will be oft-injured throughout his career due to his playing style. Luck will eventually win a SB and be a supreme talent in this league for many years. But Tannehill I think will have the consistency of a Tom Brady/Peyton Manning. I'm not talking stats, but I'm talking winning seasons and playoff appearances. To me Tannehill is the future of this team and I am very impressed and happy with him leading the Dolphins into the future.

In short, he absolutely deserves to be mentioned with RG3 and Luck.

vCash

vCash
    i dont think any of them belong in the RG3 category who is leading ROTY race by a mile
    Im not gonna say Id rather have Tannehill over RG3 at this point, but I think Tannehill is the safer bet long term. Mobile QBs are a shorter shelf life as their athleticism fades and they must rely on their arm more.

Tannehill has the size and arm strength to have long term success as a QB in this league. He has already proven that he can make all the throws and succeeds under pressure as well. Let alone the fact that we have a very mediocre WR core to boot. I think we have ourselves a franchise QB.

vCash
    thats where most people pideon hole RG3. they see him run 70+ yards down the side line and assume his arm is average or good . its quite the opposite as he is a better passer then he is a runner.

i actually dont think Luck will ever see a SB. Patriots have Mallett and 2 elite TE's heading forward. Miami has alot of pieces going forward and have alot coming to build on it. alot of teams in the AFC have a long way to build their teams for the future. for example the Colts will likely spend the entire draft on trying to upgrade their defense and Dolphin fans know its a bad idea to spend a whole draft on one side of the ball. not only do they need beaucoup defensive players they need OL,RB,and more receivers as Wayne is at the end of his career. you can say well Rodgers and Brady can win a SB with no OL or D or what have you but Luck isnt a gunslinger type of QB and when he came out i believe he was at his ceiling. Ravens and Pitt have alot of future building also

TBH when thinking of the future and thinking about the young talent on teams right now and what teams could add to it i believe Miami and the Bengals are the future powerhouses of the AFC.

NFC wise looking at the talent i think Redskins will be the top powerhouse going forward even though they lack some draft picks.

i also believe we have a franchise QB and one of the best young franchise QBs in the league to build around. finding the franchise QB is the hard part. once you get one you can have crap draft after crap draft like the Pats and still be contending
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 10-18-2012 at 12:46 AM.
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Andrew Luck, Doug Martin among NFL's best rookies of 2012
    By Gil Brandt
    4) Ryan Tannehill, QB, Miami Dolphins
    Tannehill gets better every week in all phases of the game. He's very athletic, a smart signal-caller with a strong arm who has surprised everyone with how well he's played. As I wrote in October, the Dolphins' 17-year-long search for a franchise quarterback to replace Dan Marino finally seems to be over. Hot 100 rank: 4.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ookies-of-2012

Andrew Luck is ranked number 1
    RG3 is #2
    Matt Kalil of the Vikings is #3
    Trent Richardson is #5

Big ups to Tanny

vCash
    i think its funny, at the beginning of the season , all the EXPERTS wrote miami off saying we had the worst recieving corps in the league. now we're sitting at 4 and 4 and finally getting recognition as a good but not great team. just think if we were to have a #1 reciever... and a better secondary. this team will become the beasts of the east in the next couple of years. tannehill is the second best quarterback in the afc east right now and with a couple more years of experience he will over take brady.

vCash
    idk about overtaking Brady, rather him retiring first

vCash
    After this game clearly not , my bad on starting the thread

vCash

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast