Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zito4Prez View Post
    It was a ****ing joke.
    It was an awful joke.

Quote Originally Posted by AsfanSince99 View Post
    I know, we should have just accepted him for what he was, a good, solid defender. He reached his ceiling.
    It seems like this is a possibility, but it wasn't for us. We just gotta wait to see who our shortstop will be next year, hopefully Drew with how weak the shortstops are this year in free agency.
    Why in the world is it so important to get the calls right ?
    -7chuck7

vCash
    Would anyone else like to have Garrett Jones?

vCash
    Jones had a good year, but I am not sure if he will do it again. I think he is 31, which means he probably won't be getting any better, if any thing he will be declining. Additionally, I don't know where he would fit on our roster. He might be a good pickup for some team, just not the A's.

vCash
    I'm shocked we re-signed Colon..

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash

Asdrubal Cabrera

I know his name has been mentioned before, but the Indians just traded for infield utility man Mike Aviles. I think this implicates Cleveland's willingness to trade Cabrera. If so how do you guys compare him to Stephen Drew, both by skill-set and by cost?

vCash
    Cabrera signed a two-year extension earlier this year making $6.5 million in 2013, and an additional $10 million in 2014.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/77...165m-extension

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cgriffen1 View Post
    I know his name has been mentioned before, but the Indians just traded for infield utility man Mike Aviles. I think this implicates Cleveland's willingness to trade Cabrera. If so how do you guys compare him to Stephen Drew, both by skill-set and by cost?
    I like the idea of Cabrera. Great defense, good hitter, in his prime. The A's have a little cash to spend, just wondering what prospects we'd have to give up.

vCash
    Cabrera's actually a pretty poor defensive SS. He's basically a 3B playing SS.

vCash
    He has a good bat with inconsistent d. If we can't resign Drew (I don't think we will be able to), I would like to go after him. I would be curious if we could pull it off without trading any of our top specs. I wonder if a deal could be started around Smith or Milone? Both had good years for us, but can replaced and would fit Cleveland's needs.
    Last edited by Raidersfan93; 11-05-2012 at 04:46 PM.

vCash
    Who else would be worthy to trade for as far as a SS?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defjersol View Post
    Who else would be worthy to trade for as far as a SS?
    At this point the most likely options for us are Stephen Drew, and Yunel Escobar.
    -7chuck7

vCash
    There is an article on MLB trade rumors, about the Nationals making either Espinosa, Desmond, or Lombarzi (don't think I spelled that right) expendable. I like Esponosa because he would appear to be easier to get than Desmond. What do you think it would take to get him?

vCash
    I would like Escobar. Seems like he may be the cheapest option trade wise. Not sure if the Philly would deal him but I'd love to get J-Roll. I know he is on the decline but it would be great to have a veteran presence at that spot that could fill the spot the next few years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defjersol View Post
    I would like Escobar. Seems like he may be the cheapest option trade wise. Not sure if the Philly would deal him but I'd love to get J-Roll. I know he is on the decline but it would be great to have a veteran presence at that spot that could fill the spot the next few years.
    This was talked about right around the deadline and I believe most of us including me passed. Bad contract, too much decline, and too old.
    -7chuck7

vCash
    What would be on your A's wishlist for the Off-Season?

Mine would look like this-

1) Lock up young talent to team friendly deals to build a core
    2) Trade excess OF and P for SS
    3) Sign veteran SP
    4) Add RP
    5) Keep farm system built up

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast