Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Im unlike most here, i have faith in Grant Green. And i'm not trying to see Peacock become a stud in the Miami system
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersA's49ers View Post
    Im unlike most here, i have faith in Grant Green. And i'm not trying to see Peacock become a stud in the Miami system
    I'd like to see Green as well. I don't want Peacock to become a stud elsewhere, but right now, I think Straily & Gray have the upper hand on him. If we can land a quality SS without giving up Straily, we have to think about it.

We need a SS bad. I'll take Escobar and giveup Peacock if need be. Now, I wouldn't giveup Peacock + Grant Green....

If it were me, I'd land Escobar if Drew is overpriced, & sign McCarthy back for the rotation going forward.

vCash
    again, no thanks on escobar

vCash
    My dream scenario is signing Drew and not giving up prospects!! Lol. This is where its tough to be Billy. If Drew signs elsewhere, then it forces our hand
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    My dream scenario is signing Drew and not giving up prospects!! Lol. This is where its tough to be Billy. If Drew signs elsewhere, then it forces our hand
    exactly.
    signing drew or that japanese guy is crucial...

cleveland asking for 4 prospects for escobar

vCash
    Oh yah. Japanese guy too. Either one of those two is ideal. Cabrera would be a luxury!! But 3-4 prospects would be tough as **** to give
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    yeah, no way we should give either Peacock or Green for Escobar. Hoping for Drew.

vCash
    Susan Slusser tweet:

Rumblings in Nashville that #Rays might be best fit for Yunel Escobar. #Athletics are still considering him as an option however.

vCash
    I am probably going to get criticized for this, but I would not be apposed to a Green for Escobar swap. Purely based on talent, I think that would be a good trade for us, with us coming out on top. But considering character and attitude concerns, I think it would be an even swap. Escobar has shown he can play d and hit (sometimes), while what has Green done? He hit well in AAA, but can't play a position. But, with this being said, Escobar is not my 1st option. I really like the cuban kid (but I haven't seen any rumors regarding us), Nakajima, and Drew over him. But if it comes down to Rosales, Parrino, or Sogard starting, I would do the Escobar trade in a heartbeat.

vCash
    Haha. Yah escobar stomps on the in house options we have at the high AAA-MLB level. Rosales and Sogard are serviceable backups. Unfortunately thats all they are. And about the Escobar tweet with Tampa, who would Tampa give? Ive only heard price,hellickson,shields being available. Not usual to see tampa trading prospects
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Rays acquire Yunel Escobar for 23 year old minor league SS. There goes one option. Luckily it wasn't one of our top choices
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidersfan93 View Post
    I am probably going to get criticized for this, but I would not be apposed to a Green for Escobar swap.
    I don't know why you'd be criticized for that because Grant Green isn't very valuable. It looks like Escobar ended up going to the Rays so this doesn't really matter, but that would have been a steal for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stash View Post
    I don't know why you'd be criticized for that because Grant Green isn't very valuable. It looks like Escobar ended up going to the Rays so this doesn't really matter, but that would have been a steal for us.
    I said that because multiple posts before me said how they were against the trade. So I am glad I wasn't alone. But as you said, it doesn't really matter now anyways.

vCash
    the rays-marlins trade shows me that we simply werent truly interested in Yunel Escobar. Because a 23 yeard old High A guy would of been beaten easily by us in a package.
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    the rays-marlins trade shows me that we simply werent truly interested in Yunel Escobar. Because a 23 yeard old High A guy would of been beaten easily by us in a package.
    My gut feeling is that Beane is salivating over that .382 OBS for Nakajima last year. That's his first choice, IMO.

Like you said, if he really wanted Escobar, he had the talent in the minors to get that job done easily. Obviously, he kicked the tires, but is going another direction.

If Drew could be had for a decent bargain, Beane would jump on that as well. I believe Drew will get paid a handsome sum and we'll be out of that action.

If I'm guessing Beane's priority list...

1) Nakajima
    2) Drew
    3) Trade elsewhere

He's not rushing which leads me to believe he's getting a feel of what Nakajima's & Drew's agents are wanting...The bidding war will then start and the lesser of the two will most likely come our way...

I hope.

Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast