Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yankees claimed Jim Miller off waivers.

Also with Barton's contract being non guaranteed I see absolutely no problem with the deal, good signing by Beane with Barton.
    Why in the world is it so important to get the calls right ?
    -7chuck7

vCash
    I love Daric Barton. I like to think of the good times, like his .393 OBP in 2010

vCash
    Barton is like the ex girlfriend that wont go away..i mean its only 1.1 and non guaranteed, but still. And we can do w/o Miller. He was just extra depth
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Didn't know it was non guaranteed, I can live with that then.

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    Barton wasnt THAT bad guys

vCash
    I like the addition of Moore and Resop. I feel like Resop might be a huge surprise this year. And Moore has some pop and can play multiple positions, might be a good utility man. Beane has done a lot of small moves so far, wonder if he is setting up something bigger like he has in the past.

vCash
    Lolololol Kevin Millar said Troy Tulowitzki should get traded. Now there's a nightmare contract my friends
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    A's still looking to sign Drew, asked about Escobar, and are exploring more options including a SS from Japan. Drew would be my first choice between the 3, also saw on MLB trade rumors that the Indians are asking for four prospects for Cabrera, seems like too much.

vCash
    Four prospects for two years of Cabrera.....thats tough. It was 3-4 years, I'd definitely pull the trigger. God dude, Cabrera or Drew would be pure perfection behind Coco/Young in the lineup
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Getting Drew at a decent rate for 2 years would be a great deal, I also hope McCarthy decides to stay in Oakland. Haren signed with the Nats. I would like to see the A's get one more starter or bullpen arm, maybe take a risk on a bounce back canidate?

vCash
    If we can get Drew for 2 years, then it's definitely a steal. But we pretty much already know its 3-4 with how thin the SS market is
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    We received a flurry of Yunel Escobar rumors yesterday once it was revealed that the Marlins were shopping their recently acquired infielder. Specifically, the Athletics had ongoing discussions with the Fish surrounding the controversial shortstop. We'll keep track of today's Escobar rumors with the newest info up top...

According to MLB trade rumors- The A's, Yankees, and Rays are the most likely teams for Escobar, reports Danny Knobler of CBS Sports. Talks with the A's have centered around Brad Peacock or Grant Green, while talks with the other clubs involve younger minor leaguers.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#JmsT9uPbV5mayqjU.99

vCash
    I hope they go a different route, Escobar seems like he wouldn't be worth the trade at all, would like to get an alternate player.

vCash
    Noooooo. I wouldnt want that trade at all
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersA's49ers View Post
    Noooooo. I wouldnt want that trade at all
    I hear ya on that...Problem is, we're pretty darn deep in pitching. I think it's pick and choose...

Do we want Drew & pay big $$$$ ? yet, keep our talented arms and Green ?

Do we want Escobar, pay his 5 M or whatever, & give up minor leaguers like Peacock/Green ?

We have to give to get if we're trading. Guys like Peacock & Green can be had if we're getting a SS with the talent of Escobar.

The great thing is, we have plenty of pitching depth.

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast