Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidersfan93 View Post
    At a glance he looks good, but I have heard a lot of people complain about him, so I need to do some more research.
    Just throwing out possible solutions at SS. Minors numbers are decent, could be a bridge until we develop another player? I'm looking down rosters wondering who could fit with the A's.

vCash
    The Braves would also be a great trade partner, they have extra at SS and need OF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defjersol View Post
    Josh Rutledge? thoughts?
    At a deeper look he has some questions. I like his bat and decent speed, (even if Coors helps his bat). His BB% is way to low, and he has questionable d. Overall all I would take him over anyone we have assuming we don't have to give up to much.

vCash
    The Braves would also be a great trade partner, they have extra at SS and need OF.
    Who do you have in mind from Atlanta?

vCash
    guessing he was talking about pastornicky or *giggle* simmons
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Yeah Pastornicky, Not sure if the A's have what it takes to pry away Simmons. If they don't sign Bourne or Upton the OF is thin....
    Last edited by defjersol; 11-28-2012 at 11:52 AM.

vCash
    Yeah Pastornicky, Not sure if the A's have what it takes to pry away Simmons. If they don't sign Bourne or Upton the OF is thin....
    I am not a huge Pastormicky fan, unless it is really cheap. As for Simmons, we can dream. He will be great and Beane won't give up the specs to get him, and I don't blame him.

vCash
    A's acquire Sandy Rosario, designate Mitchell
    link:
    http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/new...s_oak&c_id=oak

I think he can be a good arm in the pen. But I am confused about our 40 man roster. Even with adding him, doesn't that still put us at 39, because Hicks is gone. If so, why did we get rid of Mitchell?

vCash
    Rosario had good stats at Pawtucket. Mitchell was a waste so now someone who deserves the spot can get it
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersA's49ers View Post
    Rosario had good stats at Pawtucket. Mitchell was a waste so now someone who deserves the spot can get it
    I know he isn't exactly good, but why put him on the 40 man in the 1st place?

vCash
    ^^^ true. he was never worthy of a 40 man spot
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    We re-signed Pat Neshak.

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AsfanSince99 View Post
    We re-signed Pat Neshak.
    If I remember correctly it is for 900k. Seems like s good deal to me. It will be interesting to see what happens with the rest of our arb eligible players.

vCash
    Aledmys Diaz and Daniel Alverez close to free agency.
    link:
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...ee-agency.html

We all know shortstop is a need. Could Diaz fit our needs? He has a good glove (supposedly), strong arm, decent pop, speed and average. He would probably have to spend some time i the minors, but maybe play this year. Could rosy/ parino hold down the fort at the beginning of the year while waiting for Diaz?

vCash
    Wow there was alot of activity in one week! First of all, I don't think Straily will go anywhere unless it is a big name player we receive in return. People are throwing Straily's name around like he is expendable... he is not. He is a potential #1 with the floor (IMO) of a number 4. Every MLB team would have him pencilled in their starting rotations for the 2013 season.

The Giancarlo (Mike) Stanton deal intrigues me. But to pull him away from Miami would take a huge package. The A's don't have a huge need for him although it would be nice to have him. Miami is looking to shed payroll so guys like Coco and Young are out. The deal would be something like Reddick and Straily (with one or two "B" prospects) to acquire him. It seems like alot to give up.

Billy Beane will have a good major league SS at the start of the season. I find it difficult to believe that Beane would decline Drew's option without having a plan "B".

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast