Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandFan75 View Post
    I think everyone knows Taylor is just a waste of a prospect. He's already 27 and he was predicted to be a star by this time. Everytime he gets called to the bigs i think he is going to be great, but he winds up blowing.. Not saying the Royals wont want him as a piece, but his value definitely isnt as high as a couple years ago. I think if the trade were to go through it would be for Straily and Reddick.
    Obviously he isn't what he used to be, be he has hit well in the minors. And as far as Straily and Reddick for Meyers, that is way to much in my opinion.

vCash

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Raidersfan93 View Post
    Obviously he isn't what he used to be, be he has hit well in the minors. And as far as Straily and Reddick for Meyers, that is way to much in my opinion.
    I agree, Reddick + Straily would be too much for him, but I think that would be the offer that holds the most interest on the Royals. What about Straily and Chris Carter?

and I have no idea why there is an angry face as my title.... I didn't do that
    Last edited by OaklandFan75; 11-26-2012 at 01:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandFan75 View Post
    I agree, Reddick + Straily would be too much for him, but I think that would be the offer that holds the most interest on the Royals. What about Straily and Chris Carter?

and I have no idea why there is an angry face as my title.... I didn't do that
    Thats funny. I am still a huge Carter lover, probably to much so, so I feel that would be to much. I feel that Seth Smith should be traded, but not sure if the Royals would be the right team.

I kind of like Straily Taylor and maybe a minor league reliever for Myers.

But as I have said before, Myers isn't a need, so a trade for him would mean more trades to come. I wouldn't trade for Myers unless Beane can be sure he has other trades set up that will make the team even better.

vCash
    Not that I wouldn't LOVE to have Myers but like many of you have said, it is certainly not a need that the A's have. I would like to pose this question, What are the A's needs for this year and beyond? I think the core is forming nicely, what could be added to the mix to keep this team competitive now and in the long run?

vCash
    brandon hicks to mets for cash coniderations. self explanitory, doesnt need a link
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersA's49ers View Post
    brandon hicks to mets for cash coniderations. self explanitory, doesnt need a link
    So now we only have have 3 incapable shortstops on our 40 man roster! Come on Billy, lets make a move and get a good one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defjersol View Post
    Not that I wouldn't LOVE to have Myers but like many of you have said, it is certainly not a need that the A's have. I would like to pose this question, What are the A's needs for this year and beyond? I think the core is forming nicely, what could be added to the mix to keep this team competitive now and in the long run?
    needs this year:
    SS
    vet catcher

But there are still some other questions, such as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. I am confident that Carter and Moss will be fine there. I also feel Donaldson is for reel, and one of weeks, sizemore, or green should be good at 2nd, but you never know. All of those guys aren't very proven.

needs for the future:
    can't ever have enough pitching
    SS will be Russel's eventually
    I think we have good outfield depth for the future.

vCash
    Interesting read on Myers. It says many of the same things we have already said.

http://swinginas.com/2012/11/25/if-t...-theres-a-way/

vCash
    I think the biggest point of concern is shortstop. We need a shortstop who a stay in the green and gold for a solid 3 to 4 years. Then we hand the keys to Addison Russel, who I believe will stay t short, instead of moving to 3rd like some beat writers have suggested.

At 3rd base going forward, I think Donaldson is adequate to stick it there. Would love for him to come out big in the spring both offensively and defensivily in order to gain confidence.

At first, the platoon of Moss and Carter will only be nice for so long as we will eventually have to get rid of one or even both, to possibly pave the way for Matt Olsen, who we all hope becomes a legitamite first baseman.

At second, right now itll be a dead heat between Weeks/Sizemore/Green. I can honestly see Grant Green win the job out of Spring Training if he works hard, and gets a chance in game time situations during ST

In the three outfield positions, were pretty set with Cespedes and Reddick for a while. CF remains a long term issue though, unless Michael Choice comes back strong from wrist surgery and eventually makes Oakland in 2014.

In the rotation, we have Anderson/Parker/Milone/Straily/Griffin/Gray/Peacock who should all be in the long term plans. Obviously Colon and hopefully Mac are short term fillers.

In the bullpen we got Cookie/Norberto/Blevins/Neshek/Doolittle/Scribner who all have excellent careers in front of them as well as someone like Nolan Sanburn who I feel can eventually become a Star Closer for us. Also can never forget about Balfour.

I can see the 2015 and beyond teams looking a little like this

C-Derek Norris,Max Stassi
    1B-Olson,possibly Moss/Carter
    2B-Weeks,Green,maybe Sizemore
    SS-Russel
    3B-Donaldson or even Daniel Robertson
    RF-hopefully Shreddick
    CF-Choice,Cespy
    LF-Cespy
    SP-Brett Anderson,Jarrod Parker,Dan Straily,Tom Milone,AJ Griffin,the others mentioned before
    RP-Cook,Doolittle,other fillers,maybe one of Norberto/Blevins

Sorry i wrote a lot, felt like a fun topic to write about. Love what our future holds. Great ball team both in the present and future
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersA's49ers View Post
    I think the biggest point of concern is shortstop. We need a shortstop who a stay in the green and gold for a solid 3 to 4 years. Then we hand the keys to Addison Russel, who I believe will stay t short, instead of moving to 3rd like some beat writers have suggested.

At 3rd base going forward, I think Donaldson is adequate to stick it there. Would love for him to come out big in the spring both offensively and defensivily in order to gain confidence.

At first, the platoon of Moss and Carter will only be nice for so long as we will eventually have to get rid of one or even both, to possibly pave the way for Matt Olsen, who we all hope becomes a legitamite first baseman.

At second, right now itll be a dead heat between Weeks/Sizemore/Green. I can honestly see Grant Green win the job out of Spring Training if he works hard, and gets a chance in game time situations during ST

In the three outfield positions, were pretty set with Cespedes and Reddick for a while. CF remains a long term issue though, unless Michael Choice comes back strong from wrist surgery and eventually makes Oakland in 2014.

In the rotation, we have Anderson/Parker/Milone/Straily/Griffin/Gray/Peacock who should all be in the long term plans. Obviously Colon and hopefully Mac are short term fillers.

In the bullpen we got Cookie/Norberto/Blevins/Neshek/Doolittle/Scribner who all have excellent careers in front of them as well as someone like Nolan Sanburn who I feel can eventually become a Star Closer for us. Also can never forget about Balfour.

I can see the 2015 and beyond teams looking a little like this

C-Derek Norris,Max Stassi
    1B-Olson,possibly Moss/Carter
    2B-Weeks,Green,maybe Sizemore
    SS-Russel
    3B-Donaldson or even Daniel Robertson
    RF-hopefully Shreddick
    CF-Choice,Cespy
    LF-Cespy
    SP-Brett Anderson,Jarrod Parker,Dan Straily,Tom Milone,AJ Griffin,the others mentioned before
    RP-Cook,Doolittle,other fillers,maybe one of Norberto/Blevins

Sorry i wrote a lot, felt like a fun topic to write about. Love what our future holds. Great ball team both in the present and future
    Wow, you just made my little write up look bad. haha. I really hope Choice works out, him and Cespedes in the same of would be awesome, not to mention Reddick. All 3 of those guys have absolute cannons good speed and serious pop, all capable of hitting 30+ bombs! That would be sweet. In addition I think one of Robinson, Whitaker, and or Oberacker will become decent.

As far as Head, I feel like a lot of people aren't that high on him. I would love to see him stick at 3rd, but will probably end up at 1st. I know Stockton is a crazy hitters park, but he still managed well in AA. I think he can be for real.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidersfan93 View Post
    Wow, you just made my little write up look bad. haha. I really hope Choice works out, him and Cespedes in the same of would be awesome, not to mention Reddick. All 3 of those guys have absolute cannons good speed and serious pop, all capable of hitting 30+ bombs! That would be sweet. In addition I think one of Robinson, Whitaker, and or Oberacker will become decent.

As far as Head, I feel like a lot of people aren't that high on him. I would love to see him stick at 3rd, but will probably end up at 1st. I know Stockton is a crazy hitters park, but he still managed well in AA. I think he can be for real.
    holy crappppppp. how did i forget about miles head!!
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    I think both of you have the similar notion that the A's should look the same for the coming years. I would be happy with that and to build on what we have. Only thing I would really want out of this off-season is to solidify that left side and maybe add a young stud SP. I like and understand the need for depth with our P but how great would it be to trade some OF depth for IF and SP? I think the Rays would be a great trading partner. I'm sure it would take a whole hell of a lot (which may not be a good thing) and I'm just wishing.... But David Price and/or Zobrist?

vCash
    [QUOTE=defjersol;24467618]I think both of you have the similar notion that the A's should look the same for the coming years. I would be happy with that and to build on what we have. Only thing I would really want out of this off-season is to solidify that left side and maybe add a young stud SP. I like and understand the need for depth with our P but how great would it be to trade some OF depth for IF and SP? I think the Rays would be a great trading partner. I'm sure it would take a whole hell of a lot (which may not be a good thing) and I'm just wishing.... But David Price and/or Zobrist?[/QUOTE]

holy crap. lol. i think we'd have a better shot at hellickson or shields no doubt over price. on zobrist, he is the epitome of the term "value" can do a whole lot for his team
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    [QUOTE=LakersA's49ers;24467927]
    I think both of you have the similar notion that the A's should look the same for the coming years. I would be happy with that and to build on what we have. Only thing I would really want out of this off-season is to solidify that left side and maybe add a young stud SP. I like and understand the need for depth with our P but how great would it be to trade some OF depth for IF and SP? I think the Rays would be a great trading partner. I'm sure it would take a whole hell of a lot (which may not be a good thing) and I'm just wishing.... But David Price and/or Zobrist?[/QUOTE]

holy crap. lol. i think we'd have a better shot at hellickson or shields no doubt over price. on zobrist, he is the epitome of the term "value" can do a whole lot for his team
    Yeah I know Price is shooting for the stars, and you are right, Hellickson and Shields would cost a lot less ($ and spects) But I think Zobrist is an interesting option. The Rays have good depth at SS in the minors, and I'm sure the A's and Rays value him equally. Just thinking of some options (far-fetched as they may be) for now and the future. This team just reminds me of the mid- 2000s teams with Haren, Blanton, Swisher but they developed faster and have a decent farm system behind them. I don't want to completely mortgage the future but with 5 solid ML OF'ers and young P depth the A's could be quite active this winter. I don't see C as that huge of a problem, we need to let guys like Norris develop, but SS is a glaring hole. Filling that would be huge this off-season.

vCash
    yah. i think norris is ready. His ceiling reaks Mike Napoli. Definitely no problem with that. If we can snag a quality SS like Cabrera,Lowrie,Cozart, or even resign Stephen Drew, then we are in business
    Unleash the Mamba!

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast