Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    So you just wanna stick with Norris who offers nothing at the plate? We dont have to give up Starily for JP, but the fact that you said he isnt worth anything is pretty damn stupid

vCash
    Where did I say anything about just sticking with Norris? Please show me where I said that. It's pretty stupid to make assumptions like that.

vCash
    You said even if Arencibia was a FA and asking for the minimun, you wouldnt want him. Which is implying you'd rather stick with Norris, who ****ing blows. Thats ignorant and selfish

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakalaz View Post
    You said even if Arencibia was a FA and asking for the minimun, you wouldnt want him. Which is implying you'd rather stick with Norris, who ****ing blows. Thats ignorant and selfish
    Again, you are making assumptions. That doesn't mean I'd rather stick with Norris. You act like it's JPA or nothing. Do you think he's the last catcher on the planet or something? Oh, and in case you forgot, we have that Kottaras guy who is actually better than JPA. I don't particularly want to stick with just him either, but that would be better than signing JPA or trading Straily for him which is laughable.

vCash
    I said it doesnt have to be straily. You keep making that asumption. Im just argueing on the fact that you think you know everything, JP has a lot of potential and can hit 25 homers. How many will Norris and Kotarras hit? 20 total?

vCash
    I said it doesnt have to be straily. You keep making that asumption. Im just argueing on the fact that you think you know everything, JP has a lot of potential and can hit 25 homers. How many will Norris and Kotarras hit? 20 total?
    I don't think you know what assumption means. I mentioned Straily because he was who was initially brought up in this conversation as part of the trade. I never said you mentioned Straily. JP does not have a lot of potential. Just because he can hit homers doesn't make him good. He'll hit more homers than Kottars, but Kottaras is still the better player.

vCash
    i'd rather have d'Arnaud over JP. But yah, i kind of messed up by saying buy low on myers. I meant that more as like it woudnt take much for us, per say, to get him. Straily and a low end guy could bring him on board. Even though Myers is an OF, he can come in and straight rake, makin some other guys like Young, and even Reddick expendable. And we all know that Reddick's value is at an all time high. not saying lets trade reddick, but just stating the facts
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersA's49ers View Post
    i'd rather have d'Arnaud over JP. But yah, i kind of messed up by saying buy low on myers. I meant that more as like it woudnt take much for us, per say, to get him. Straily and a low end guy could bring him on board. Even though Myers is an OF, he can come in and straight rake, makin some other guys like Young, and even Reddick expendable. And we all know that Reddick's value is at an all time high. not saying lets trade reddick, but just stating the facts
    I doubt that. Myers is a top five maybe top three prospect in all of baseball. Straily might be top 40.
    Last edited by LanceUpperCut; 11-25-2012 at 09:10 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersA's49ers View Post
    Um, no.
    Do you have any idea how many teams are interested in him? Myers and Straily arent even close to the same. Bigger teams are gonna give a lot more to try for him.

vCash
    Just curious what people think about Ynoa being on the 40 man. I feel like it is a sign that he is finally healthy and fully recovered. Maybe we can expect to dee him start moving quickly through our farm.

vCash
    The only reason he's on the 40 man is because he's now eligible for the rule 5 draft. Putting him on the 40 man protects him from another team selecting him.

vCash
    Yah. A's invested to much into this guy for him to be swiped by another squad
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezombie View Post
    The only reason he's on the 40 man is because he's now eligible for the rule 5 draft. Putting him on the 40 man protects him from another team selecting him.
    I am fully aware of this. My point is that it isn't often that a pitcher who has pitched 40 innings in his career, all if which are low A and lower is placed on a 40 man roster. This makes me the front office thinks he is going to start moving quickly.

vCash
    Um, no.
    Do you have any idea how many teams are interested in him? Myers and Straily arent even close to the same. Bigger teams are gonna give a lot more to try for him.
    I am a Myers fan, but I don't think trading for him would be our best option. If we were to get him what would it take? I am sure Straily would be involved. Would Straily and Taylor be enough? Probably not, but maybe a starting point. Just for conversation sake, what would be the next move?

Trade Crisp
    Trade Reddick (his value is at an all time high)
    trade Young
    none of the above

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidersfan93 View Post
    I am a Myers fan, but I don't think trading for him would be our best option. If we were to get him what would it take? I am sure Straily would be involved. Would Straily and Taylor be enough? Probably not, but maybe a starting point. Just for conversation sake, what would be the next move?

Trade Crisp
    Trade Reddick (his value is at an all time high)
    trade Young
    none of the above
    I think everyone knows Taylor is just a waste of a prospect. He's already 27 and he was predicted to be a star by this time. Everytime he gets called to the bigs i think he is going to be great, but he winds up blowing.. Not saying the Royals wont want him as a piece, but his value definitely isnt as high as a couple years ago. I think if the trade were to go through it would be for Straily and Reddick.
    Last edited by OaklandFan75; 11-26-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast