Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 523
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    152
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Stash View Post
    Oh wow, I'm glad you're not a GM. That would be horrible for the A's.
    How? We have a lot of young pitching and not good catching.

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    3,862
    vCash
    1500
    Lol @ the straily for JP deal. Jp is a decent hitting catcher, but the man calls a crap game
    Unleash the Mamba!


  3. #168
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,166
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersA's49ers View Post
    Lol @ the straily for JP deal. Jp is a decent hitting catcher, but the man calls a crap game
    Actually he call a pretty decent game but still lacks the ability to block the ball. He is improving on D and is only going into his thrid season. With that said JPA for Strailey would be unfair for the A's. Maybe JPA plus a 8-12 range prospect and possibley a low level guy with upside.

    JPA, Deck McGuire and Matt Dean for Dan Strailey
    Last edited by LanceUpperCut; 11-24-2012 at 09:34 AM.

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    836
    vCash
    1500
    Giving up on Derek Norris already?
    He is a legit catcher, his hitting will come around. If there is anything he needs to improve on, its his throw to 2nd.

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    152
    vCash
    1500
    I have more faith in JP than Norris.
    Scrib for JP?

  6. #171
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    3,862
    vCash
    1500
    scrib for jp anyday, but no way AA goes for that
    Unleash the Mamba!


  7. #172
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    3,862
    vCash
    1500
    scrib for jp anyday, but no way AA goes for that
    Unleash the Mamba!


  8. #173
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    3,862
    vCash
    1500
    also. i would be very interested in seeing a Dan Straily for Wil Myers deal. The Royals are desperate for a top of the rotation, or potential to be, starting pitcher. I think we can really buy low on a star like Myers
    Unleash the Mamba!


  9. #174
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    152
    vCash
    1500
    Damn, I would love to have Wil Myers

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,166
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersA's49ers View Post
    also. i would be very interested in seeing a Dan Straily for Wil Myers deal. The Royals are desperate for a top of the rotation, or potential to be, starting pitcher. I think we can really buy low on a star like Myers
    Myers value is not low at all right now, since KC made it public that he's up for grabs every other team is going to be looking to grab him. You guys defiantly have some nice young pitching but not to many ace calibur type guys. Straily could be a piece but you might have to add a couple more top prospects or a starter.

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,162
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandFan75 View Post
    How? We have a lot of young pitching and not good catching.
    So you think giving up a young pitcher with potential for a catcher who's not good is going to solve that problem? I don't get why anyone wants JPA at all. He's not a very good hitter and he stinks behind the dish. I wouldn't want the guy even if he was a FA asking for the minimum.

  12. #177
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    152
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Stash View Post
    So you think giving up a young pitcher with potential for a catcher who's not good is going to solve that problem? I don't get why anyone wants JPA at all. He's not a very good hitter and he stinks behind the dish. I wouldn't want the guy even if he was a FA asking for the minimum.
    JP doesnt suck. He has a lot of potential and is better than Derek Norris, so how can you say that?
    Last edited by OaklandFan75; 11-24-2012 at 04:13 PM.

  13. #178
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    17
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Stash View Post
    So you think giving up a young pitcher with potential for a catcher who's not good is going to solve that problem? I don't get why anyone wants JPA at all. He's not a very good hitter and he stinks behind the dish. I wouldn't want the guy even if he was a FA asking for the minimum.
    Actually Arencibia is pretty good. Better than what the A's have now. And you can afford to give up Straily because you have tons of young pitching. Peacock can take his place

  14. #179
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,162
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakalaz View Post
    Actually Arencibia is pretty good. Better than what the A's have now. And you can afford to give up Straily because you have tons of young pitching. Peacock can take his place
    Actually Arencibia is not pretty good and just because we have tons of pitching doesn't mean we should throw it away for crap.

    Peacock is nowhere near Straily at this point.

  15. #180
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,162
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandFan75 View Post
    JP doesnt suck. He has a lot of potential and is better than Derek Norris, so how can you say that?
    What potential? He has power, that's it. His career line is 222/275/435 and he stinks with the glove. I don't know if you know this, but a sub 300 OBP is pretty terrible, but hey, let's trade a valuable young starting pitcher for him.

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •