Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Straily is an interesting case. He has ace qualities, but with how our rotation is, we can trade him w/o it truly hurting the rotation any
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Any Free Agents that are in the A's price range that you would like to see them sign? Drew is obvious but I was thinking maybe a bullpen peice, or SP? Utility guy? Thoughts..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersA's49ers View Post
    Straily is an interesting case. He has ace qualities, but with how our rotation is, we can trade him w/o it truly hurting the rotation any
    I think we would be wise to hold on to Straily, I see what you are saying, but I'd much rather part with another SP. I really doubt that any of them are dealt. Their value will likely increase as they develop. I think the A's stay patient and sell when the value is peaked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidersfan93 View Post
    Aledmys Diaz and Daniel Alverez close to free agency.
    link:
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...ee-agency.html

We all know shortstop is a need. Could Diaz fit our needs? He has a good glove (supposedly), strong arm, decent pop, speed and average. He would probably have to spend some time i the minors, but maybe play this year. Could rosy/ parino hold down the fort at the beginning of the year while waiting for Diaz?
    That is a better option then most I would say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defjersol View Post
    That is a better option then most I would say.
    Its just really hard, because there are so many questions with foreign players, especially from Cuba.

vCash
    A's get Chris Resop from the Pirates

vCash
    Looks like he changed his pitching style. He went from a high K flyball pitcher to a low K groundball one.

vCash
    Nice little move getting Resop
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    I'm not sure what your bullpen situation is but Resop is a passable middle reliever who can pitching 2 innings an outing if needed. Anything positive to say about Thorton or is he just organizational depth like he appears to be?
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    I like the addition of Scott Moore. He had a decent year at the dish last season, he could provide nice depth on the bench or in AAA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post
    I'm not sure what your bullpen situation is but Resop is a passable middle reliever who can pitching 2 innings an outing if needed. Anything positive to say about Thorton or is he just organizational depth like he appears to be?

gonna be honest. never heard of thornton in my life until today. not a good sign dude
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    yah @stash i really liked the moore acquisition. did some nice things in a limited role with Houston
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    gonna be honest. never heard of thornton in my life until today. not a good sign dude
    Same here.

I don't ever remember hearing his name and I pay attention to our minor league system.

In other news, the A's re-sign Daric Barton to a 1-yr/ $1.1M contract. Penny pinching and we give a guy who doesn't even play, a million dollars?? I've given up on Barton already, but it appears Beane is still in love with the guy. Must be a depth move.
    Last edited by AsfanSince99; 12-01-2012 at 04:35 AM.

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    Rosario had good stats at Pawtucket. Mitchell was a waste so now someone who deserves the spot can get it
    A's DFA'd Rosario.

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AsfanSince99 View Post
    Same here.

I don't ever remember hearing his name and I pay attention to our minor league system.

In other news, the A's re-sign Daric Barton to a 1-yr/ $1.1M contract. Penny pinching and we give a guy who doesn't even play, a million dollars?? I've given up on Barton already, but it appears Beane is still in love with the guy. Must be a depth move.
    It's apparently not a guaranteed contract. It's a no risk move. They can hold on to him and flip him if they want.

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast