Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersA's49ers View Post
    Lol. I think Norris will be Napoli in another 2-3 years
    you mean mediocre defensively? and that's fine if he will be him in 2-3 years, but Nap could help this team now, i am not saying make him the starter, but you don't want norris catching every day that's what the dodgers were doing with AJ ellis and he was totally worn out by the end of the year,

Mike Nappoli could be the back up catcher, back up 1st basemen, regular DH and full time Mike Scioscia hater.

vCash
    Thoughts on A-Rod?
    ESPN LA is talking about the Angels or Dodgers getting him for 5 years 25-35m from the Yankees.

we could get him for almost nothing.

I am not saying I want him, but yea, thoughts?

vCash
    Hell nah! And i mean offensively when comparing norris to napoli
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    A-Rod would have to be for literally free for me to even consider him even then I may even have to pass.
    Why in the world is it so important to get the calls right ?
    -7chuck7

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agureghian View Post
    Thoughts on A-Rod?
    ESPN LA is talking about the Angels or Dodgers getting him for 5 years 25-35m from the Yankees.

we could get him for almost nothing.

I am not saying I want him, but yea, thoughts?
    for that little money, they would want a boatload of specs in return; prob Donaldson and Griffin to start.

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    Pass on Arod, old and expensive. Even if they were giving him away for nothing I wouldn't be interested, I just plain don't want Arod at this point in his career.

vCash
    A-Rod is just mehh right now. Could he give us 20 bombs? Sure. But he's not that huge an improvement over Donaldson nowadays
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    If Donaldson hits like he did in the 2nd half of the season, ARod would be a significant downgrade.

vCash
    BOLD MOVE by Billy Beane trading pennington and yordy cabrera for chris young. Must be cost saving move for Stephen Drew
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kings Analyst View Post
    What's the point?

Why not just keep what we have, resign McCarthy and instead of Harden's couple starts keep one of our young pitchers up here so he can continue to develop at a major league level. I'd rather go with

Anderson
    McCarthy
    Parker
    Griffin
    Milone

Than

Anderson
    McCarthy
    Parker
    Griffin/Milone or Griffin/Harden or Milone/Harden

if Harden's the "guy" to sign
    I was kidding. I dont' want any part of Harden. Don't get me wrong, I like him, but I wouldn't depend on him to be a front line starter. Sign him to a minor league contract, nothing more.

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    Would anyone else want Danny Haren back? I love Haren, but it is unrealistic and doesn't make a ton of sense for us to try to add him. That being said, what do you think he will get on the market this year? I can see somewhere between 10-12 mil per year 2 years. If we could get him for 8 or 9 for 2 years I think that would be a good deal. But overall adding an expensive SP isn't our priority. If this were somehow to happen we could make some of our sps expendable and add somewhere else.

vCash
    Having haren is never a bad idea. With that said, we dont really need him
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidersfan93 View Post
    Would anyone else want Danny Haren back? I love Haren, but it is unrealistic and doesn't make a ton of sense for us to try to add him. That being said, what do you think he will get on the market this year? I can see somewhere between 10-12 mil per year 2 years. If we could get him for 8 or 9 for 2 years I think that would be a good deal. But overall adding an expensive SP isn't our priority. If this were somehow to happen we could make some of our sps expendable and add somewhere else.
    Haren's my favorite non-Athletic, and people have been saying they want a veteran starter, but I'm not sure about Haren. He would add that veteran solid starter, but is he really the addition we want? At this point I'm going to have to say no on Haren which sucks.
    Why in the world is it so important to get the calls right ?
    -7chuck7

vCash
    Haren could be a good 1 year reclamation project. He knows the Coliseum, it's a pitchers park, we're in contention, etc. He gets a year to prove to the league he's still Haren, we get a chance at an Ace(if the price is right).
    Last edited by Cheezombie; 10-22-2012 at 04:02 PM.

vCash
    And if they bring back both Haren and Harden they can replay that old commercial. Couldn't find it but it goes something like this.

"Isn't it interesting that the Oakland Athletics have two pitchers named Haren and Harden? How about that Harden throws so hard and Haren has so much hair? Coincidence?"

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast