Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 111

Thread: BCS Rankings

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,170
    vCash
    1470
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/bcs

    Oregon leap frogged by ND but they should be able to gain ground with a win against SC next week. The computers love KSU and ND.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    16,329
    vCash
    1500
    The top four looks right but logically, Georgia should be 5th, Florida 6th, and LSU 7th.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,499
    vCash
    500
    I was reading an article earlier and it was talking about how playing USC and Oregon State may not help Oregon all that much since they have other games on their schedule that could be losses as well. I think Oregon State plays Stanford, Arizona State and Oregon. USC plays Oregon and Notre Dame.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,170
    vCash
    1470
    It definitely didn't help that USC lost last week. The Trojans don't really have an impressive win on the season and having 2 losses makes them look like an avg opponent now. Still tough team to beat though.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,210
    vCash
    1500
    Still a long way to go. It usually gets crazier towards the end, that's why we love this sport.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,456
    vCash
    1500
    Can someone explain the computers to me in a way I can understand? I just looked and Florida is #4 according to the computers and Oregon is #5. So they think that Florida's schedule with 1 loss is better than Oregon's with no losses?

    I understand Florida had 4 difficult games in there, but they lost one. Arizona just beat USC 39-36, we beat them 49-0. Washington just beat Oregon State and we beat them by 31.

    LSU beat them 41-3 and we were up 35-7 at halftime and pulled our starters.

    We have made every team that has faced us look downright awful. We have literally not had a game in doubt going into the locker room at halftime. How can an undefeated team that has looked that good be ranked below a team that lost?
    2014 Bulls Forum NBA Redraft Champions!

    PG: Jose Calderon / Aaron Brooks
    SG: Wesley Mathews / Tony Wroten
    SF: Chandler Parsons / Andrei Kirilenko
    PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Kyle O'Quinn
    C: Roy Hibbert / Kelly Olynyk

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,170
    vCash
    1470
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Can someone explain the computers to me in a way I can understand? I just looked and Florida is #4 according to the computers and Oregon is #5. So they think that Florida's schedule with 1 loss is better than Oregon's with no losses?

    I understand Florida had 4 difficult games in there, but they lost one. Arizona just beat USC 39-36, we beat them 49-0. Washington just beat Oregon State and we beat them by 31.

    LSU beat them 41-3 and we were up 35-7 at halftime and pulled our starters.

    We have made every team that has faced us look downright awful. We have literally not had a game in doubt going into the locker room at halftime. How can an undefeated team that has looked that good be ranked below a team that lost?
    Well I'm pretty sure margin of victory is no longer factored in by the computers. I'm not sure how the computers factor in something like beating Arizona and then Arizona beating USC?? Hopefully someone is more BCS savvy than me...

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,499
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Can someone explain the computers to me in a way I can understand? I just looked and Florida is #4 according to the computers and Oregon is #5. So they think that Florida's schedule with 1 loss is better than Oregon's with no losses?

    I understand Florida had 4 difficult games in there, but they lost one. Arizona just beat USC 39-36, we beat them 49-0. Washington just beat Oregon State and we beat them by 31.

    LSU beat them 41-3 and we were up 35-7 at halftime and pulled our starters.

    We have made every team that has faced us look downright awful. We have literally not had a game in doubt going into the locker room at halftime. How can an undefeated team that has looked that good be ranked below a team that lost?
    That isn't right but it is because the computers don't care about you beating crap teams by 50. They only have 1 win over a ranked opponent (#22 Arizona) while Florida has 3 wins over ranked opponents (#5 LSU, #8 South Carolina and #16 Texas A&M). Thats why.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,456
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    That isn't right but it is because the computers don't care about you beating crap teams by 50. They only have 1 win over a ranked opponent (#22 Arizona) while Florida has 3 wins over ranked opponents (#5 LSU, #8 South Carolina and #16 Texas A&M). Thats why.
    Actually the Ducks have wins over 2 ranked opponents, Washington was #23 when we played them.

    And like I said before, the idea that all we've played is crap teams is complete BS. It's a revisionist argument. People only thing the teams are crap because we beat them so bad.

    Arizona just knocked off USC, they didn't even score a point against us, so they must suck.
    Washington beat Stanford and Oregon State, but we crushed them, so they must suck.
    Arizona St. was 5-1 and our first real road test, we crushed them, so they must suck.

    The theme is, whoever we beat retroactively sucks, no matter what people thought of them before the game. Imagine if we beat USC next week, the talk will be USC sucks and that we still haven't played anybody.

    I guess Oregon needs to stop blowing out opponents and actually let a game be close for people to think "that team might be good".
    2014 Bulls Forum NBA Redraft Champions!

    PG: Jose Calderon / Aaron Brooks
    SG: Wesley Mathews / Tony Wroten
    SF: Chandler Parsons / Andrei Kirilenko
    PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Kyle O'Quinn
    C: Roy Hibbert / Kelly Olynyk

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,843
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Actually the Ducks have wins over 2 ranked opponents, Washington was #23 when we played them.

    And like I said before, the idea that all we've played is crap teams is complete BS. It's a revisionist argument. People only thing the teams are crap because we beat them so bad.

    Arizona just knocked off USC, they didn't even score a point against us, so they must suck.
    Washington beat Stanford and Oregon State, but we crushed them, so they must suck.
    Arizona St. was 5-1 and our first real road test, we crushed them, so they must suck.

    The theme is, whoever we beat retroactively sucks, no matter what people thought of them before the game. Imagine if we beat USC next week, the talk will be USC sucks and that we still haven't played anybody.

    I guess Oregon needs to stop blowing out opponents and actually let a game be close for people to think "that team might be good".
    how many points you think oregon would score against alabama?

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    40,047
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Actually the Ducks have wins over 2 ranked opponents, Washington was #23 when we played them.

    And like I said before, the idea that all we've played is crap teams is complete BS. It's a revisionist argument. People only thing the teams are crap because we beat them so bad.

    Arizona just knocked off USC, they didn't even score a point against us, so they must suck.
    Washington beat Stanford and Oregon State, but we crushed them, so they must suck.
    Arizona St. was 5-1 and our first real road test, we crushed them, so they must suck.

    The theme is, whoever we beat retroactively sucks, no matter what people thought of them before the game. Imagine if we beat USC next week, the talk will be USC sucks and that we still haven't played anybody.

    I guess Oregon needs to stop blowing out opponents and actually let a game be close for people to think "that team might be good".
    and ND has 4 wins over ranked opponents when we played them. MSU Michigan Stanford Homa
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    23,582
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    how many points you think oregon would score against alabama?
    If it's on a neutral field I'll be conservative and say anywhere from 24-30. I think they have enough athletes that they could move the ball on them. Plus you have to wonder if Bama can play at that hectic pace

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,843
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    If it's on a neutral field I'll be conservative and say anywhere from 24-30. I think they have enough athletes that they could move the ball on them. Plus you have to wonder if Bama can play at that hectic pace
    oh please, oregon scored 19 against auburn.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,772
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    oh please, oregon scored 19 against auburn.
    Completely different team, and a very bad argument. Our offensive line is much more athletic than the one in that game, Mariota is more of a true dual-threat than Thomas and is a better pure passer, and we have more weapons than that team. We don't have a Jeff Maehl go-to guy as a receiver, but players like Colt Lyerla and De'Anthony Thomas are talented enough to find space against any defense. Plus, Chip Kelly has gotten better as a coach since that was only his 2nd season as a head coach. Now, I don't think Oregon would shred Alabama (probably wouldn't get 30), but the offense would not be quite as stagnant as it was versus Auburn.

    Also, our defense is much better at getting off the field in 3rd down situations than that one. The main reason why we lost to Auburn and LSU was due to turnovers and bad field position, and our defense will help us get better field position. If Oregon doesn't let Alabama get easy turnovers, then that would be huge as well. I won't say you are wrong if you would pick Bama over Oregon, but this is definitely a more talented Oregon team...
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    23,582
    vCash
    1500
    I had an argument, but Brady beat me to it

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •