Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BCS Rankings

vCash
    A one loss team can be ranked higher then OS,MS and the Big East Schools that are still Undeafted. Also need one for College Basketball called March Madness then every week we could see who's going to be the 4 number one seeds as of that week and it would be 64 Teams in that Poll and the last one would show who's made it from 1 to 64.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Oh yeah we aren't the 2nd best team in the country. We probably aren't the 2nd best team in the SEC....

I think they were ranked in the 20s.

Edit: They were 22 in the AP

It will all fix itself.... Unless we get down to the end and have something like

Alabama
    Oregon
    Kansas State
    Notre Dame

All undefeated

Ahhhh I didn't count Oregon State because I just seen the Oregon part and had already counted them
    I would have welcomed this chaos in the past to make the BCS look bad. But now that we have a playoff on the horizon having a situation with a bunch of undefeated teams would sort of suck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    I would have welcomed this chaos in the past to make the BCS look bad. But now that we have a playoff on the horizon having a situation with a bunch of undefeated teams would sort of suck.
    Yeah all it would accomplish this year would be screwing the season.

vCash
    It's amusing how nothing glaringly controversial has come into play since the inception of the BCS.

Granted Boise State fans have had some to whine about over the years. Auburn may have been screwed in 2004 and the argument could be made Okie State got the shaft last year, but everything has worked itself out as far as who belongs for the most part.

But with the schedules in front of those teams you guys mentioned, it would be painfully ironic if the controversy arose this season with a playoff looming.

vCash
    ^You could probably make an argument for Oregon in 2001. I thought they should have gotten in over Nebraska that year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    ^You could probably make an argument for Oregon in 2001. I thought they should have gotten in over Nebraska that year.
    You can eliminate Probably from that equation. Nebraska lost 62-36 to Colorado, and didn't even play in the Big XII Championship game.

The Ducks lost 42-49 to Stanford (9-3 and ranked #17 to end the season) then beat Colorado 38-16 in the Bowl Game.

It was obviously the wrong decision, everyone knew it back then too. I'd go so far as to say that was the biggest BCS mistake of them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    KSU and Florida's big wins over ranked opponents inched them closer to Bama. If Bama has any trouble with SC this weekend I could see Florida jumping them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    KSU and Florida's big wins over ranked opponents inched them closer to Bama. If Bama has any trouble with SC this weekend I could see Florida jumping them.
    Florida has to handle business against Georgia first and win there isn't a guarantee....

vCash
    Florida has to handle business against Georgia first and win there isn't a guarantee....
    Exactly

K-State still has Texas, Texas Tech, TCU

Alabama still has Miss St., LSU, SC Title Game (if it gets there)

Oregon still has Stanford, USC, Oregon State, Pac12 Title game (if it gets there).

There is still a ton that could happen from here on out.
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Exactly

K-State still has Texas, Texas Tech, TCU

Alabama still has Miss St., LSU, SC Title Game (if it gets there)

Oregon still has Stanford, USC, Oregon State, Pac12 Title game (if it gets there).

There is still a ton that could happen from here on out.
    What about Notre Dame? They pretty much only have Oklahoma and USC left and no conference championship.

I was thinking that Oregon had a good shot until seeing that they still have Stanford, USC and Oregon State and then likely USC again.... thats a tough stretch. And Oregon State has pretty much the same stretch (a little different) of tough games.

I think that Alabama has the best chance because Miss State and LSU don't matchup well on paper at all as both teams have little passing game and rely on defense and running the ball both things that Alabama is at an elite level. The same for Florida who they will likely play in the SEC Championship.

vCash
    heard cornheiser say today that if notre dame wins out...they are a lock at number 2 because of the money they would generate in the nat'l championship game...sucks to hear,but there is definitely truth behind that
    ....pleasing the casual fan,while telling the hardcore fan to go to hell since 2006

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krazylegz View Post
    heard cornheiser say today that if notre dame wins out...they are a lock at number 2 because of the money they would generate in the nat'l championship game...sucks to hear,but there is definitely truth behind that
    The thing though is that not playing a conference championship could bite them in the *** if it comes down to multiple undefeated or 1-loss teams.

Because honestly lets say that you have Alabama-Florida both undefeated going into the SEC Championship (very likely at this point) so you know the winner is gonna get one spot. So then say you have have Notre Dame and Oregon both undefeated going into that championship week. If Notre Dame isn't already ahead of them or is only slightly ahead of them at that point its hard to see a situation where Oregon doesn't jump them for beating another ranked team (likely a high ranking USC team) for the Pac-12 Championship.

vCash
    ND would get in because Oregon's best win and K-State's best win would both have been wins for ND if they win out. Hard to top that...
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    The thing though is that not playing a conference championship could bite them in the *** if it comes down to multiple undefeated or 1-loss teams.

Because honestly lets say that you have Alabama-Florida both undefeated going into the SEC Championship (very likely at this point) so you know the winner is gonna get one spot. So then say you have have Notre Dame and Oregon both undefeated going into that championship week. If Notre Dame isn't already ahead of them or is only slightly ahead of them at that point its hard to see a situation where Oregon doesn't jump them for beating another ranked team (likely a high ranking USC team) for the Pac-12 Championship.
    It's sort of a double edged sword. It's good to control your own destiny and I agree that Oregon would leap ND but if they are already ahead of the Irish it sort of sucks having to beat USC twice which is no small task.

vCash
    Honestly, I'd be happy if Oregon wasn't able to go to the NC game just to see them actually play ND or K-State. I want to see who would win.
    My fanbase is growing.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast