Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    We still have our franchise QB and one bad game doesn't undo from his good games. We got lucky against some good teams so far in the season so we were kinda bound to lose one game. He'll get better I know it and its still a competition for the QB role.
    He felt that one

Bye Bye Haters

KNICKS SEAHAWKS RANGERS MARINERS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamMelo15 View Post
    We still have our franchise QB and one bad game doesn't undo from his good games. We got lucky against some good teams so far in the season so we were kinda bound to lose one game. He'll get better I know it and its still a competition for the QB role.
    These 2 completely contradict each other.

I don't think you can guarantee that he's our franchise player. If anything Marshawn Lynch is our Franchise player. He's way more of a sure thing for the next 3 years than Russell Wilson, and that's no disrespect to Wilson.

vCash
    He said Franchise QB not player
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    Franchise QB/Player- Player you build your franchise around.

This franchise is already built around run game and defense. Russell Wilson has proved some things, but he has in no way, shape, or form deserved the title of franchise QB. If he can get some streaks together and improve, then yes he might one day become our franchise QB, but right now he's going to have a lot of people critiquing him. A lot of people think if he doesn't perform better next game he'll be on the hot seat, and might even be replaced.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ztilzer31 View Post
    Franchise QB/Player- Player you build your franchise around.

This franchise is already built around run game and defense. Russell Wilson has proved some things, but he has in no way, shape, or form deserved the title of franchise QB. If he can get some streaks together and improve, then yes he might one day become our franchise QB, but right now he's going to have a lot of people critiquing him. A lot of people think if he doesn't perform better next game he'll be on the hot seat, and might even be replaced.
    You do know he is a rookie right... and not even the top QB drafted, he was picked in the 3rd round... no rookie QB is doing amazing
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    Zt you act like we have Tom Brady sitting on the bench lol then you tell us not to buy into Wilson because he did it against a bad secondary.

Hmm wonder what elite defenses Flynn tore apart in his two starts oh thats right he faced two horrible secondarys as well.

Just about that action boss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny642 View Post
    You do know he is a rookie right... and not even the top QB drafted, he was picked in the 3rd round... no rookie QB is doing amazing
    It really doesn't matter. Even if Pete wanted to stick this out the push for Wilson to be benched will happen if he doesn't improve. It's not a matter of opinion, it's fact. The media will start asking questions, and Pete will have no choice, without risk of losing his job. Believe it or not, I'm not the only Flynn supporter out there, and the media can make change happen. He's on the hot seat again just like he was going into the Carolina game. I don't think he gets benched if he loses, but I do think people will start seriously questioning him as being the better option to Flynn.

It doesn't matter. Flynn hasn't gotten an opportunity, and Wilson hasn't exactly taken his opportunity, and ran with it. Let's not act what really matters in this game isn't wins, and let's especially not act like when teams aren't winning the first guy to get the blame is usually the QB (unless you're elite).

vCash
    I'll say he's on the warm seat not the hot seat. If he loses against Detroit, has problems scoring he'll be on the hot seat. Like it or not the easiest way to shake up a struggling offense is by changing the QB.

vCash
    I doubt it if Flynn is as great as you are making him out to be he wouldn't of gotten beat out by a 3rd round pick.

Just about that action boss.

vCash
    Franchise QB =/= Franchise player.

Franchise QB means QB of the future to me, and the people who said it. It means we aren't going to switch it up every year like we did with TJack.

Hasslebeck was our franchise QB before.

No one said franchise player. There's a difference.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Yeah I agree with jej. There's a big difference.

Alexander was our franchise player. Hasselbeck was our franchise QB.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    I doubt it if Flynn is as great as you are making him out to be he wouldn't of gotten beat out by a 3rd round pick.
    I don't think I've said one word about Flynn's skill level since before the 49ers game.

There are definite positives in Flynn, if he starts we can talk about him. I've had that conversation too much with you guys. I can literally have that argument by myself.

P.S. That sentence took me 2 days to read correctly lol. I'm definitely not perfect at spelling, or grammatically, but that sentence is murder. Not trying to be rude, but that one definitely needed a little edit .
    Last edited by ztilzer31; 10-20-2012 at 08:04 PM.

vCash
    You do know Flynn was a 7th round pick by the way right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Franchise QB =/= Franchise player.

Franchise QB means QB of the future to me, and the people who said it. It means we aren't going to switch it up every year like we did with TJack.

Hasslebeck was our franchise QB before.

No one said franchise player. There's a difference.
    Okay, I know Wiki isn't the best sort but the first sentence says....

In professional sports, a franchise player is an athlete who is not simply the best player on their team, but a player that the team can build their "franchise" (team) around for the foreseeable future

That's the definition of franchise player, and it also goes into QB's.

Russell Wilson isn't the franchise QB yet because he hasn't decidedly taken control of the position. I know you guys don't like Flynn, but he's right behind him, and people will start pushing him to start if he doesn't win next week like I've previously stated. You can't call someone a franchise QB when they aren't the "for sure" guy week in and week out. It really has nothing to do with how good you are. It has to do with being the central part of that group. Tom Brady is a franchise QB, but so is Alex Smith. Russell Wilson. No. You might WANT him to be the future of this organization, but none of us truly know at this point.

And their's no difference between a franchise player/qb.
    Last edited by ztilzer31; 10-20-2012 at 08:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ztilzer31 View Post
    Okay, I know Wiki isn't the best sort but the first sentence says....

In professional sports, a franchise player is an athlete who is not simply the best player on their team, but a player that the team can build their "franchise" (team) around for the foreseeable future

That's the definition of franchise player, and it also goes into QB's.

Russell Wilson isn't the franchise QB yet because he hasn't decidedly taken control of the position. I know you guys don't like Flynn, but he's right behind him, and people will start pushing him to start if he doesn't win next week like I've previously stated. You can't call someone a franchise QB when they aren't the "for sure" guy week in and week out. It really has nothing to do with how good you are. It has to do with being the central part of that group. Tom Brady is a franchise QB, but so is Alex Smith. Russell Wilson. No. You might WANT him to be the future of this organization, but none of us truly know at this point.

And their's no difference between a franchise player/qb.

I agree 100% with wiki. But did it say for someone to be a franchise QB, they have to also be the franchise player?

There is a difference. The team is a franchise. He is a QB. If he becomes the starter permanently, he is the franchise QB. Lynch is the franchise player.

There is a difference between there's and their's (which isn't even a real word) though. Maybe you should learn it before you talk **** about other people's grammar.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast