Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    "@OmarKelly: John Jerry is Miami's highest PFF rated OG. He checks in at 47th despite having is worst game of season vs. Rams. 2 sacks past 2 weeks."

"@OmarKelly: Jorvorskie Lane checks in as PFF's 24th best FB. His ranking plummeted recently, but this was his first positive grade of the month vs. Rams"

"@OmarKelly: Jonathan Martin checks in ranked as the 62nd best OT in the NFL, and he's coming off his 2nd worst performance of the season."

"@OmarKelly: Jake Long is rated by PFF as the 34th best OT in the NFL. He has a negative run blocking grade and penalty grade."

"@OmarKelly: @MikePouncey has regained his spot as the No. 1 center in the NFL according to PFF. He's the NFL's best center at run blocking."

So basically, our OL still sucks. Jake Long and Mike Pouncey are our only two productive OL. So why would we get rid of Jake? Even our FB suck.

vCash
    So the "34th best tackle" in the league should get paid like a top 3 tackle (or higher)? PFF is a bit misleading as we all know, but I don't know if I see it more as "our line sucks and we need to keep Long"...or if it's "Long is not what he used to be and isn't worth the large investment". I really think the one-year franchise approach would be our best bet. Draft another tackle this year (for depth) and consider moving Martin in two years if he makes enough improvement (and Long is unable to step up)...then find a replacement at RT through the draft or free agency.

I don't think it's a matter of if we would like to keep Long on the team...it's "should we keep Long on this team for the amount of money that he's going to likely require?".
    Thanks again Phins1983!!!

vCash
    Your looking at a price of 15m if you use the tag. That's just way too much.

Give him a damn long term deal worth 10m a season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Your looking at a price of 15m if you use the tag. That's just way too much.

Give him a damn long term deal worth 10m a season.
    I'm just playing devil's advocate in my posts. I believe that we will offer him a deal for sure. But is 10 mil for 4 years really cheaper than 15 for 1? If the organization isn't sure about what they should do, then it may be cheaper in the long run to buy themselves an extra year with a tag.
    Thanks again Phins1983!!!

vCash
    Its not all going to be guaranteed, well worth the money.

vCash
    i like to keep Long, if the money is right.
    but let's say Andy Reid came knocking and wanted Long.
    Reid needs to win and make a good play off run to back next year.
    if he offered Jason Peters, what else could we get, how high draft pick(s)?
    i know he is injuried, and he's 30. but before he retires, we could have groomed
    Yeatman into a RT, switching Martin back to LT, or draft another tackle if Yeatman
    can't make the transition.
    but like i said, i'd prefer Long to be resigned.
    i'm just curious about what we could get in a trade?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DolphinDK View Post
    i like to keep Long, if the money is right.
    but let's say Andy Reid came knocking and wanted Long.
    Reid needs to win and make a good play off run to back next year.
    if he offered Jason Peters, what else could we get, how high draft pick(s)?
    i know he is injuried, and he's 30. but before he retires, we could have groomed
    Yeatman into a RT, switching Martin back to LT, or draft another tackle if Yeatman
    can't make the transition.
    but like i said, i'd prefer Long to be resigned.
    i'm just curious about what we could get in a trade?
    No idea really.

When the Bills traded Peters to Philla they got a 1st (28th overall), 4th and a 6th. He also needed a new deal just like Long, he was also 27 the same age as Long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by godolphins View Post
    "@OmarKelly: John Jerry is Miami's highest PFF rated OG. He checks in at 47th despite having is worst game of season vs. Rams. 2 sacks past 2 weeks."

"@OmarKelly: Jorvorskie Lane checks in as PFF's 24th best FB. His ranking plummeted recently, but this was his first positive grade of the month vs. Rams"

"@OmarKelly: Jonathan Martin checks in ranked as the 62nd best OT in the NFL, and he's coming off his 2nd worst performance of the season."

"@OmarKelly: Jake Long is rated by PFF as the 34th best OT in the NFL. He has a negative run blocking grade and penalty grade."

"@OmarKelly: @MikePouncey has regained his spot as the No. 1 center in the NFL according to PFF. He's the NFL's best center at run blocking."

So basically, our OL still sucks. Jake Long and Mike Pouncey are our only two productive OL. So why would we get rid of Jake? Even our FB suck.
    Thank you Jeff Ireland.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    Thank you Jeff Ireland.
    It's all Parcells' fault

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_Phin1 View Post
    So the "34th best tackle" in the league should get paid like a top 3 tackle (or higher)? PFF is a bit misleading as we all know, but I don't know if I see it more as "our line sucks and we need to keep Long"...or if it's "Long is not what he used to be and isn't worth the large investment". I really think the one-year franchise approach would be our best bet. Draft another tackle this year (for depth) and consider moving Martin in two years if he makes enough improvement (and Long is unable to step up)...then find a replacement at RT through the draft or free agency.

I don't think it's a matter of if we would like to keep Long on the team...it's "should we keep Long on this team for the amount of money that he's going to likely require?".
    We'll have a lot of money to spend this year so signing Long to a $10 M contract won't hurt us at all. I don't think Jake will demand much but if wants to become the highest paid tackle then we should let him go.
    Last edited by godolphins; 10-24-2012 at 07:45 PM.

vCash
    What do you all think after today? Do we let him walk if he doesn't accept 7M per?

vCash
    he still gonna get pay regardless
    i still say we keep him

NO hunger Foul
    Highest scoring points
    regular season Champ
    2012 PSD Fantasy football Champion

No Hunger Foul
    2x Def-con1 Squad Champion(1000$ League)
    Highest scoring points
    2011 and 2012 Champion

vCash
    im ready to let him go he has become a liability

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNoel View Post
    What do you all think after today? Do we let him walk if he doesn't accept 7M per?
    Bye bye for what he's paid he should never get beat that badly and never have Tanne get killed seems to be worse as the year progressing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    im ready to let him go he has become a liability
    This.

vCash
    Guess what, we are still going to either sign or or Tag him. No way in hell we let him walk.

With him having a down year he will be cheep.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast