Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    The Chiefs just paid big money on a RT in FA and look at how much he's helped out? They decided to get him instead of resigning Brandon Flowers who is right now on a team with the #1 pass defense in the NFL.

I would rather resign Sean Smith and Randy Starks then Jake Long. After how Smith shadowed both Fitzgerald and Green and did a pretty damn good job doing it, he's starting to look like the CB we all hoped he could be. And Randy Starks is playing like the best DT in football right now, and he's the leader of a D-line that is the best rushing D in the NFL so why would you want to mess with that? And hell, I'd even resign Reggie then Jake Long. He's been a great back for us and unless he's insane he shouldn't come at a big price(plus the Jets will jump on him in a heartbeat).
    Barry Richardson was one of the worst right tackles in the league last season. (Here is a link to ranking offensive lines in the league. It says the weak spot was Barry Richardson in 2011.) You can't compare a 6th round pick with 0 probowls to a 4x probowler. Long would be a headache to replace.

We can afford to resign Smith, Reggie, Starks, and Long. We have cap space that could be around 60+ mil. We have a good team and will probably continue to build through the draft. We might sign a FA but hopefully we just resign the key players that can be around for the 4+ seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxDolphan26 View Post
    Brandon Flowers is still a Chief, do you mean Brandon Carr?
    Ya that guy. All I knew was that he was a guy who was pretty good from what I'd seen named Brandon.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by murcat410 View Post
    Barry Richardson was one of the worst right tackles in the league last season. (Here is a link to ranking offensive lines in the league. It says the weak spot was Barry Richardson in 2011.) You can't compare a 6th round pick with 0 probowls to a 4x probowler. Long would be a headache to replace.

We can afford to resign Smith, Reggie, Starks, and Long. We have cap space that could be around 60+ mil. We have a good team and will probably continue to build through the draft. We might sign a FA but hopefully we just resign the key players that can be around for the 4+ seasons.
    Who the hell is Barry Richardson? I was talking about Eric Winston(who EVERYONE in this forum wanted). He was a pro bowl talent and the Chiefs paid big money for him. Long isn't the same All Pro talent he once was. He can't stay healthy for a season and just hasn't been the same player we use to see. And I just don't see the point in putting 15 mil a year into a LT who isn't playing elite anymore. If he gets back to his normal form at the end of the year I might reconsider my position but right now Jake Long is NOT worth 15 mil.

You have won Addix. I give you this round.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    Barry Richardson is who Eric Winston replaced. You won't find a LT on the market anywhere close to Long's talent. I'm glad people around here aren't GMs. You don't mess up the chemistry (and the leader for that matter) of a top 10 line. People are out of their minds if they think getting rid of Long will actually help this team.

vCash
    I think we have to keep long but if its at the expense if losing Starks smith or hartline I think we have to let him walk. However, I seriously think long will take a hometown discount .The team is finally on the rise and looks like it might have found its franchise Qb in Tanny, why would he want to leave? From what it seems Long doesn't look like the type of guy that is only in it for the money.

vCash
    Our OL is still a mess and some of you guys want to trade Long? PFF rated Jonathan Martin one of the worst tackles in the NFL. According to their rating Richie Icognito is a below average guard and so is John Jerry. Guys, there's a reason why we're only average 3.7 yards per carry(our running game has been nonexistent the last few weeks). We only have two consistent linemans. That's Mike Pouncey and Jake Long. Even though Long hasn't been great this year, he's far from terrible. John Jerry was okay for the first couple games of the season but he's starting to stink(low rating again this week). Icognito has been terrible this year and Martin has been playing like a rookie. We don't need to create another hole.

vCash
    Even if you talked the Chiefs into trading for Long they are not going to trade their 1st round pick for him. At this point you would be lucky to get a 4th round pick from the Chiefs, I am sure they are already looking at what young QB they will be taking in the 1st round.

vCash
    Sometimes i don't understand some of the fellow Dolfans:

Probowl every year he's been in the league
    27 yrs of age
    2nd best LT in the game
    All Pro
    Plays when hurt

I don't understand the dilemma
    Last edited by YungDaSensai; 10-18-2012 at 02:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YungDaSensai View Post

27 yrs of avg
    2nd best LT in the game
    All Pro
    Plays when hurt

me either

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YungDaSensai View Post

27 yrs of avg
    2nd best LT in the game
    All Pro
    Plays when hurt

jake long is definitley not the 2nd best LT in the game thats a fact
    Players MIAMI Missed On That I Suggested To Draft But didnt

Navarro Bowman
    Sean Lee
    Stefen Wisniewski
    Luke Kuechly
    Russell Wilson
    Janoris Jenkins
    Mychal Kendricks
    Larry Warford
    Marcus Lattimore
    Vontaze Burfict
    Jason Demache (only cause same hometown)

Players I HOPE we Draft

Erik Lora WR
    Terrence West RB
    Shane Skov MLB
    Taylor Lewan OT
    Ra'Shede Hagemon DT
    Darqueze Dennard CB

vCash
    Hopefully long will be reasonable with his contract demands.

vCash
    hopefully Long doesnt come into this forum and take a discount to play for a diff team. resign him
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    You cannot trade Jake Long, just can't happen. Dude is a beast at LT and, even though due to injuries he may not be the top LT, he is a top 3-4 LT. Just like finding an elite QB, it is hard to find an elite LT. And now that we have our franchise QB, people want to trade Long? That makes no sense. We can have one of the best young lines in the NFL with Long, Pouncey and Martin anchoring it, plus with Jerry coming on okay and Incognito being a suitable starter, no way should this line be broker up.
    We need playmakers everywhere and Long is our Oline playmaker.
    We know what we get with Long and he deserves to be paid top 5 LT money, no doubt. Pay the man.

vCash
    idk why people are saying jake long is still elite hes not even in the top 5 LT in the league and theres always an elite LT in the draft
    Players MIAMI Missed On That I Suggested To Draft But didnt

Navarro Bowman
    Sean Lee
    Stefen Wisniewski
    Luke Kuechly
    Russell Wilson
    Janoris Jenkins
    Mychal Kendricks
    Larry Warford
    Marcus Lattimore
    Vontaze Burfict
    Jason Demache (only cause same hometown)

Players I HOPE we Draft

Erik Lora WR
    Terrence West RB
    Shane Skov MLB
    Taylor Lewan OT
    Ra'Shede Hagemon DT
    Darqueze Dennard CB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambit1 View Post
    idk why people are saying jake long is still elite hes not even in the top 5 LT in the league and theres always an elite LT in the draft
    I think it's because he's been the best LT in the league for 4 seasons and is still playing injured and still one of the best pass blockers in the league. He's not playing so great in run blocking.

The real answer is that Jake is not playing as well as he's capable of playing. But just because a 4x probowler is having a down year doesn't mean you dump him. In a way this makes him cheaper for us to sign next year. Look at his body of work as a whole not just a handful of less than average games this season.
    Last edited by murcat410; 10-17-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast