Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 91
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dunedin, New Zealand
    Posts
    2,974
    vCash
    1500
    Get this **** outta here
    Beast from South Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfreak View Post
    Mark my words! Sanchez will win MVP and there is nothing Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or any other QB can do about it!
    Nfl-Dolphins, Nba-Hornets, Nhl-Devils, Mlb-Cardinals

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,652
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JNoel View Post
    Playoffs? Playoffs? We're lucky if we win 9 games, or more than the Patriots for that matter.
    If the Playoffs started today we would be in the playoffs.

    I see no reason we can't win 9 games, we have 3 wins and we are as good or better than 7 of our remaining games, and the other 3 games against the Patriots X2 and the Niners looked bleak at the start of the season, but both of these teams are not looking so invincible anymore, we could win 1 of those 3 games.

    At this point I would be surprised if we don't win 8 games. You don't throw away a season when you are 3-3. Even if you made a trade right now, and if you could find a team under the salary cap willing to take him, the most you would probably get for him is a 2nd round pick. 6 games into the season teams are not looking to make a trade for someone at a position where continuity and team chemistry is important. Long would need to learn his new teams playbook, its not like he just needs to learn a few fly plays to be team ready.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,824
    vCash
    1500
    Trading long would be crazy

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    5,928
    vCash
    1500
    I've said it before, but I'll say it again. It just so happens that the #1 LT (Luke Joeckel) in the draft this year was Tanny's blindside protector in college. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the same offense that we are running now? It's almost like he would be the PERFECT fit for this organization for the next decade.

    The ONLY way it happens IMO is if we trade Long for a very high pick, and we end up in the top 10 in the draft. Considering I don't believe that both of things would happen, then I don't see us going that route. But honestly, it wouldn't be that surprising to me if it's being discussed.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...0/luke-joeckel
    Feeling much better after that Raider beat down.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Coolsville
    Posts
    4,708
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_Phin1 View Post
    I've said it before, but I'll say it again. It just so happens that the #1 LT (Luke Joeckel) in the draft this year was Tanny's blindside protector in college. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the same offense that we are running now? It's almost like he would be the PERFECT fit for this organization for the next decade.

    The ONLY way it happens IMO is if we trade Long for a very high pick, and we end up in the top 10 in the draft. Considering I don't believe that both of things would happen, then I don't see us going that route. But honestly, it wouldn't be that surprising to me if it's being discussed.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...0/luke-joeckel
    I would support that if we got multiple picks for Long, but I don't think that will happen. Teams that need a left tackle will just draft one, and it will be much, much cheaper than trading for Long and giving him a big contract. Unless the improbable happens and we get some picks for Long, I think we absolutely have to re-sign Long. And besides, Philbin is a Packers guy. They retain their team leaders and give them fair, deserving contracts. And Jake Long has always seemed like the type of guy who just wants his fair shake.
    Last edited by SoxDolphan26; 10-14-2012 at 11:43 PM.

    Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In my 4corner room. reading Books
    Posts
    4,994
    vCash
    1500
    all i have to say to the idea is SMFH
    ___________________________________________

    NO hunger Foul
    Highest scoring points
    regular season Champ
    2012 PSD Fantasy football Champion


    No Hunger Foul
    2x Def-con1 Squad Champion(1000$ League)
    Highest scoring points
    2011 and 2012 Champion

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,652
    vCash
    1500
    Seriously I dont know why its being discussed. There is a reason why teams rarely make big trades in season, especially on the offensive line where you have complicated blocking schemes and chemistry is important. Look at Gaffney, we signed him a couple of weeks ago and he still is not game ready and he is playing the easier position to learn of WR.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    600
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxDolphan26 View Post
    I would support that if we got multiple picks for Long, but I don't think that will happen. Teams that need a left tackle will just draft one, and it will be much, much cheaper than trading for Long and giving him a big contract. Unless the improbable happens and we get some picks for Long, I think we absolutely have to re-sign Long. And besides, Philbin is a Packers guy. They retain their team leaders and give them fair, deserving contracts. And Jake Long has always seemed like the type of guy who just wants his fair shake.
    if u think about sox its not a bad idea u cant just draft a LT unless hes elite and throw him in there im with vegas on this one if this happen we would be draft loaded with picks and u can go either way by puttin martin at LT or the texas a&m guy to me jake long isnt that great to me he was top 3 but drop to top 6
    Players MIAMI Missed On That I Suggested To Draft But didnt

    Navarro Bowman
    Sean Lee
    Stefen Wisniewski
    Luke Kuechly
    Russell Wilson
    Janoris Jenkins
    Mychal Kendricks
    Larry Warford
    Marcus Lattimore
    Vontaze Burfict
    Jason Demache (only cause same hometown)


    Players I HOPE we Draft

    Erik Lora WR
    Terrence West RB
    Shane Skov MLB
    Taylor Lewan OT
    Ra'Shede Hagemon DT
    Darqueze Dennard CB

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    4,231
    vCash
    1500
    Tell me again why this thread is still open?
    Last edited by georgiadolfan; 10-15-2012 at 06:49 PM.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Coolsville
    Posts
    4,708
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambit1 View Post
    if u think about sox its not a bad idea u cant just draft a LT unless hes elite and throw him in there im with vegas on this one if this happen we would be draft loaded with picks and u can go either way by puttin martin at LT or the texas a&m guy to me jake long isnt that great to me he was top 3 but drop to top 6
    Well, think about what you just said. You're saying teams would be willing to trade for Long because you can't easily get a good or elite left tackle in the draft. But, you're saying that we should trade Long for picks because we can easily get someone from the draft to replace him. Those are contradictory statements. And besides, we have an elite left tackle in Long, so why would we trade him for picks that we are just going to use on a left tackle; who may not be a sure thing.

    Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    600
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxDolphan26 View Post
    Well, think about what you just said. You're saying teams would be willing to trade for Long because you can't easily get a good or elite left tackle in the draft. But, you're saying that we should trade Long for picks because we can easily get someone from the draft to replace him. Those are contradictory statements. And besides, we have an elite left tackle in Long, so why would we trade him for picks that we are just going to use on a left tackle; who may not be a sure thing.
    hmmmm u got me im just tired of seeing jake long getting hurt i can see it now he gets some kind of season ending injury not trying to jinx anything but why not take chances that may turn out bad or may turn out to be the right move. Luke Joeckel has started since his freshmen year and did a real job protecting tannehill i dont think its a bad move and i know someone on this tread is gunna spas out on me so im waiting for it
    Players MIAMI Missed On That I Suggested To Draft But didnt

    Navarro Bowman
    Sean Lee
    Stefen Wisniewski
    Luke Kuechly
    Russell Wilson
    Janoris Jenkins
    Mychal Kendricks
    Larry Warford
    Marcus Lattimore
    Vontaze Burfict
    Jason Demache (only cause same hometown)


    Players I HOPE we Draft

    Erik Lora WR
    Terrence West RB
    Shane Skov MLB
    Taylor Lewan OT
    Ra'Shede Hagemon DT
    Darqueze Dennard CB

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Your Mothers Bed, Trebek
    Posts
    8,384
    vCash
    1500
    I can't believe I'm about to say it. But I've started to agree with Addix. I think Jake's a shell of his former self and that we should trade him while we can. He's given a sack in nearly every game we've played this year and it's not like each one has come against dominant players. And I just don't think we should dish that much money into him especially since Philbin and the coaching staff has gotten players like John Jerry and Martin to perform up to their potential very early on. I don't think we could find a replacement for the old Jake Long, but we could probably find a pretty good LT who would fit in this scheme.

    mfw the Miami Dolphins

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,793
    vCash
    1500
    As much as people complain about Ireland...I hope he's smarter than most of the fans in this thread.

    2011: Our line sucks. Sparano is supposed to know how to put together a line. Long is our only good lineman.
    2012: Our line looks to be pretty good. Pouncey is turning out to be amazing and John Jerry is finally playing like he should. Let's change things up and trade away Long, the leader of the offensive line, and try to find another left tackle...which is rare to find a gem.

    You don't trade away a 4x probowler, #1 overall pick. You pay the man.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Your Mothers Bed, Trebek
    Posts
    8,384
    vCash
    1500
    The Chiefs just paid big money on a RT in FA and look at how much he's helped out? They decided to get him instead of resigning Brandon Flowers who is right now on a team with the #1 pass defense in the NFL.

    I would rather resign Sean Smith and Randy Starks then Jake Long. After how Smith shadowed both Fitzgerald and Green and did a pretty damn good job doing it, he's starting to look like the CB we all hoped he could be. And Randy Starks is playing like the best DT in football right now, and he's the leader of a D-line that is the best rushing D in the NFL so why would you want to mess with that? And hell, I'd even resign Reggie then Jake Long. He's been a great back for us and unless he's insane he shouldn't come at a big price(plus the Jets will jump on him in a heartbeat).

    mfw the Miami Dolphins

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Coolsville
    Posts
    4,708
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    The Chiefs just paid big money on a RT in FA and look at how much he's helped out? They decided to get him instead of resigning Brandon Flowers who is right now on a team with the #1 pass defense in the NFL.

    I would rather resign Sean Smith and Randy Starks then Jake Long. After how Smith shadowed both Fitzgerald and Green and did a pretty damn good job doing it, he's starting to look like the CB we all hoped he could be. And Randy Starks is playing like the best DT in football right now, and he's the leader of a D-line that is the best rushing D in the NFL so why would you want to mess with that? And hell, I'd even resign Reggie then Jake Long. He's been a great back for us and unless he's insane he shouldn't come at a big price(plus the Jets will jump on him in a heartbeat).
    Brandon Flowers is still a Chief, do you mean Brandon Carr?

    Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •