Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Time to trade Long?

Seriously this guy is most likely going to require a 10-12 mill/year type contract after this season, and he is performing mediocre at best for the past season. He is injury prone, and plus we should trade him before his already-low trade value drops to virtually nothing. If we want to pay someone that type of money, it should be a WR or a position of need, or else were paying big bucks for a aging/mediocre Tackle. Who else is on the #tradeJakeLong bandwagon?
    Last edited by JNoel; 10-15-2012 at 11:43 PM.

vCash
    Nope, doesn't make any sense. Long is still better than the majority of LT's in the league and he is one of the best leaders on the team. Also, after you trade Long, who's plays left tackle? It's not going to be Martin; he's improving at being the RT and they won't make him switch positions. That's pretty much all that needs to be said about trading Long. Now, you can have a completely different discussion about whether he should resigned or not, which I believe he should be. There's no use in creating another hole on this team.

Adopt-a-Dolphin: Brent Grimes - #21, CB

vCash
    Offensive Line is about playing together. We have a shot at the playoffs, this is not baseball where you trade players mid season to help your team, this is football where players take time to learn the playbook and the experience in playing together makes a major difference in winning.

vCash
    We're not going to trade Long six games into the season when we're in playoff contention. That would be like giving up on the season. If we were 0-6, sure but not when we're 3-3. Especially since we don't have someone who can replace him.

vCash
    Senseless proposal. Who takes over for Long?

vCash
    Playoffs? Playoffs? We're lucky if we win 9 games, or more than the Patriots for that matter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNoel View Post
    Seriously this guy is most likely going to require a 15-18 mill/year type contract after this season, and he is performing mediocre at best for the past season. He is injury prone, and plus we should trade him before his already-low trade value drops to virtually nothing. If we want to pay someone that type of money, it should be a WR or a position of need, or else were paying big bucks for a aging/mediocre Tackle. Who else is on the #tradeJakeLong bandwagon?

You wish. Joe Thomas is the highest paid LT and is making 12.9M this season and will only make more than 12M once after this season.

His contract is 12.9M, 11.4M, 12.3M, 10.2M, 9.5M, 10M, 10M

With his injury history his deal will not be as much. The most I see is 8-9M a season witch is well worth it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    You wish. Joe Thomas is the highest paid LT and is making 12.9M this season and will only make more than 12M once after this season.

His contract is 12.9M, 11.4M, 12.3M, 10.2M, 9.5M, 10M, 10M

With his injury history his deal will not be as much. The most I see is 8-9M a season witch is well worth it.
    If we can resign him for that much, then sure.

vCash
    Its his price. Only the elite QBs make more than 15M a season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNoel View Post
    Playoffs? Playoffs? We're lucky if we win 9 games, or more than the Patriots for that matter.
    Have you seen the AFC this year? 9-7 might make wildcard.

vCash
    You finally got a franchise QB

no need to get rid of an NFL elite top 3 LT to protect your QB, and no need to change the chemistry of the OLINE either.

Who would replace Long either way? Resign him to whatever he wants really

Sig by phins1983

Patience is a virtue

SF GIANTS WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!! 2010!!!!! & 2012!!!!!
    MATT CAIN Perfect game!!! 06/13/2012!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by murcat410 View Post
    Have you seen the AFC this year? 9-7 might make wildcard.
    Might? 9-7 made the playoffs last season.

vCash
    I've said for awhile I don't believe long will be coming back to Mia, no point paying a guy who doesn't fit your system. He's still prductive here, but overpaying him makes little to no sense.

Canelo with the nice 7 punch combination

vCash
    I wouldn't oppose to it, bc I understand ur line of reasoning, we can easily get a 1st round pick for him , but I don't see it happening, we may tag him next yr, but I see Jake being very reasonable with his contract to stay a dolphin

Instead of taking us to the cleaners, is see him extending his contract maybe a little high next yr but the following would come back down to the 10-11 mil range, at the very most keep it going at its current rate

vCash
    Why is this thread still open. /thread

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast