Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 76
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,852
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    The problem is that we won't win road games without the ability to get stops in the 4th quarter. We can score at will, but we need to dominate teams with our defense at least for stretches. Even with Bogut, I don't see that happening with Lee, Curry and Thompson and a rookie Barnes starting. We should be able to compete for the 8 spot if Bogut is healthy, less concerned about Curry.

    Lakers/Clippers/Thunder/Spurs/Dallas/Memphis are locks.

    2 spots left for Warriors/Minnesota/Utah/Denver. I see Denver and Utah getting in unless Curry and Bogut both play 75+ games and we suffer no other major injuries, which I highly doubt. If Minny can keep Rubio and Roy healthy, they'll be in for sure, but that's not likely either. That's the way I see it.
    what about kevin love out for the first 2 months of the season and rubio not likely back before xmas. Not to add extra pressure on brandon roy.... but hes gotta stay healthy and return to all star form for this team not to get swallowed in the western confrence.

    Im hoping things go sooo bad for them early on that they basically just tank the season and go for a draft pick..... LOL if only mark jackson were coaching them.
    A role model if I ever knew one

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,712
    vCash
    34875
    Locks
    Spurs, Thunder, Lakers, Clippers, Grizzlies, Nuggets

    7-9 seeds
    Warriors, Jazz, Mavs

    None of this is in any order.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    19,708
    vCash
    1500
    The Nuggets are a lock?



    THE SLUMPY SHOULDER HOMERUN TRACKER: 5



  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    14,704
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    The Nuggets are a lock?
    Most likely.


    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,712
    vCash
    34875
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    The Nuggets are a lock?
    A young team that was the sixth seed last year and only improved during the off-season is not a lock to you? They are going to be fighting for an upper seed.


    Iggy is a superstar and everyone better god damn realize it.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    14,704
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    A young team that was the sixth seed last year and only improved during the off-season is not a lock to you? They are going to be fighting for an upper seed.


    Iggy is a superstar and everyone better god damn realize it.
    You are ****ing high. Iguodala is a very solid player, but in no way, shape, or form is he anywhere near a superstar.

    LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Andre Iguodala, Dwight Howard, & Chris Paul. Any name(s) stand out?


    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,712
    vCash
    34875
    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    You are ****ing high. Iguodala is a very solid player, but in way, shape, or form is he anywhere near a superstar.

    LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Andre Iguodala, Dwight Howard, & Chris Paul. Any name(s) stand out?
    You seem to think Kobe is better than Iggy from what your post is implying.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    14,704
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    You seem to think Kobe is better than Iggy from what your post is implying.
    Yeah, me and everyone else with a sensible mind.


    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,712
    vCash
    34875
    The average PER in the NBA is 15.0. Small forwards have a PER of 5.9 against Iguodala last season. That's ****ing fantastic.

    Iggy is a second tier superstar. He's not on the level of Durant or Lebron, but he is certainly better than Kobe especially considering age.

    There is a reason why the Sixers were the third best defensive team in the league last year in terms of efficiency. He's that reason.

    The reason why many people on PSD underrate him is because he is not flashy. PER is a great stat in terms of projecting peaks and declines, but it can't measure defense unless it is in steals/blocks. It's why Rondo gets jobbed on the stat. It's why Iggy is lower than Kobe.
    Last edited by Guppyfighter; 10-18-2012 at 02:49 AM.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    19,708
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    A young team that was the sixth seed last year and only improved during the off-season is not a lock to you? They are going to be fighting for an upper seed.


    Iggy is a superstar and everyone better god damn realize it.
    Denver is a really good team, but I don't think they belong in the conversation with the other teams you mentioned as 'locks'.



    THE SLUMPY SHOULDER HOMERUN TRACKER: 5



  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,712
    vCash
    34875
    Yes, they are a lock for the playoffs. They have made the playoffs nine years in a row and has improved this season. There is absolutely no doubt they will make the playoffs, especially since they improved.

    Unless you think last years sixth seed who improved won't make the playoffs. It doesn't matter if you think they are as good as those teams, because we are talking about making the playoffs. Denver is as a sure thing as OKC for making it.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    14,704
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    The average PER in the NBA is 15.0. Small forwards have a PER of 5.9 against Iguodala last season. That's ****ing fantastic.

    Iggy is a second tier superstar. He's not on the level of Durant or Lebron, but he is certainly better than Kobe especially considering age.

    There is a reason why the Sixers were the third best defensive team in the league last year in terms of efficiency. He's that reason.

    The reason why many people on PSD underrate him is because he is not flashy. PER is a great stat in terms of projecting peaks and declines, but it can't measure defense unless it is in steals/blocks. It's why Rondo gets jobbed on the stat. It's why Iggy is lower than Kobe.
    27.9 Points Per Game - 4.6 Assist Per Game - 5.4 Rebounds Per Game

    12.4 Points Per Game - 5.5 Assist Per Game - 6.1 Rebounds Per Game

    I don't care what you say, it's straight up disrespectful to call Andre Iguodala a better basketball player than Kobe Bryant.


    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    14,704
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Yes, they are a lock for the playoffs. They have made the playoffs nine years in a row and has improved this season. There is absolutely no doubt they will make the playoffs, especially since they improved.

    Unless you think last years sixth seed who improved won't make the playoffs. It doesn't matter if you think they are as good as those teams, because we are talking about making the playoffs. Denver is as a sure thing as OKC for making it.
    Never that


    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,712
    vCash
    34875
    You do realize Kobe had the highest usage rate last year, right, by a fairly large margin.

    Iggy's DRR: 16.4
    Kobe's DRR: 11.8

    Iggy's Assist Ratio: 28.9
    Kobe's Assist Ratio: 13.2

    Iggy's true shooting percentage: .537
    Kobe's true shooting percentage: .527

    Iggy's Usage Rate: 17.5
    Kobe's Usage Rate: 33.0

    Kobe kills in traditional stats because Kobe has the ball a ****ing lot.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    14,704
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    You do realize Kobe had the highest usage rate last year, right, by a fairly large margin.

    Iggy's DRR: 16.4
    Kobe's DRR: 11.8

    Iggy's Assist Ratio: 28.9
    Kobe's Assist Ratio: 13.2

    Iggy's true shooting percentage: .537
    Kobe's true shooting percentage: .527

    Iggy's Usage Rate: 17.5
    Kobe's Usage Rate: 33.0

    Kobe kills in traditional stats because Kobe has the ball a ****ing lot.
    Because he can score the ball. So what your trying to say is coaches game plan more for Iguodala then they do for Kobe? That Iguodala drives more fear into opposing teams than Kobe? Your telling me if L.A called up Denver right now and said trade us Iguodala for Kobe (excluding contracts) that Denver would say no? I don't think so, and let's not even bring up the clutch factor.


    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •